Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  "Free Talk Rive - Chinee Edition"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: "Free Talk Rive - Chinee Edition"  (Read 30886 times)

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
"Free Talk Rive - Chinee Edition"
« on: April 17, 2011, 09:49:08 PM »

Sunday 4.17's show.

Wonder what Ian's views are on the "racist" content?

Hope someone will let me know when the "African-American Edition" airs so I can tune into that one.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Riddler

Re: "Free Talk Rive - Chinee Edition"
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 07:02:44 AM »

yo-yo-yo
you mean ''FREE-BONICS LIVE''?

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 08:38:32 AM »

Ah, come on I like those guys.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 02:23:08 PM »

While most liberal people turning in for the first time would likely think that both Ian and Mark are very racist people, that's because the people lack both an understanding of what race is and don't know Ian and Mark very well.  Sure, they say stuff that people may consider racist on air.  So does Puke and others.  However, I doubt any of them are anything like so called racist.  Anyway, acting like they are against Chinese certainly isn't as bad as their anti-christian stuff in the eyes of the vast majority of Americans.  Ian and Mark also constantly make fun of southern people. 

Let's face it, it's humor.  Ian and Mark constantly make fun of various groups, but it's all in good fun (at least to the podcast listeners that are in on the jokes.)  I don't think FTL would be as interesting if it wasn't so edgy and purposefully offense to almost the entire listening audience.  FTL is the South Park of talk radio though the production value is nearly nothing compared to South Park and FTL is more political than South Park.

Many of us grow up on Married with Children, the Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, South Park, Mad TV and/or Saturday Night Live and so on.  Many of us act that way in Keene from time to time.  I only know of one person that is very bothered by it, though, and even he acts that way.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

Amazing Richard

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 06:05:19 PM »

So...for those of us that don't listen to the show.....what is all this about? Were Ian and Mark doing racist chinese impressions on air?

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 09:43:00 PM »

No, it was a Sunday show with Puke and the gang. Ian & Mark weren't on.

I think it started with someone using the term "Orientals" and someone followed that up with something like "Shouldn't they be called 'Disorientals' 'cause every time I see them they seem disoriented." That was followed up with additional humor at the expense of Asian people. I recall hearing "Free Talk Rive" too.

Racial stereotypes exist for a reason, and I frequently laugh at "racist" jokes aimed at any group, so I'm not offended by this at all.

What's offensive is that FTL commonly says how disgusting racism in all forms is, and how they would never associate themselves with racists... yet, here it is. They (Ian & Mark) frequently use suthr'n aixents to powar-tray ignrent whyte paple, but I've never once heard a hint of poking fun at black people and their well-earned and well known stereotypes. I don't expect Puke and the gang to have the balls to make fun of black people on the air either.

If you're gonna be all edgy and reckless, which the hosts failed at in this episode, then you'll need to go a bit further out on a limb rather than stick to safe targets like Asian folks for a source of humor. And if it's acceptable to target one or two groups then, logically, it should be acceptable to target any group.

If anyone can show me where I'm wrong in this, do tell.

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 09:52:11 PM »

I myself find racial humor funny. My woman is asian, and let me tell ya, more than 80% of all the asians I have met in my life (shitloads of em) cant drive worth a FUCK. I dont know what it is. Depth perception or what, I have no idea, but its a fact.

In my opinion, if you dont find at least some racial humor funny....... there is something seeeeeriously wrong with you, cuz its funny stuff.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 10:04:19 PM »

Go to 4.17's show, at 60 minutes in. Granted, this portion of the show is about 5 minutes out of 3 hours. However, here is what was said:

- blacks should be called apes because of the way they slump themselves around and walk slowly with a primitive-type gait
- blacks are lazy and stupid and you always see them dressing in shabby clothes
- blacks can't drive well
- a chuckle over an ethnic sounding name (DesJoMaquarius Johnson III)
- having fun with racial accents and dialects.. "yo wan get up in dis hyuh 'merka?"

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 10:24:30 PM »

So...for those of us that don't listen to the show.....what is all this about? Were Ian and Mark doing racist chinese impressions on air?

I think Mark and Ian both recently used a bunch of chinese accents for fun, maybe I confused them with Puke and 280.  I know they also did a bunch of jokes making fun of chinese, japanese and asians in general.  280 was just repeating lines from a TV show, if I recall.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 10:26:30 PM »

What's offensive is that FTL commonly says how disgusting racism in all forms is, and how they would never associate themselves with racists... yet, here it is. They (Ian & Mark) frequently use suthr'n aixents to powar-tray ignrent whyte paple, but I've never once heard a hint of poking fun at black people and their well-earned and well known stereotypes. I don't expect Puke and the gang to have the balls to make fun of black people on the air either.

While Mark doesn't make fun of black people, he goes through a lot of trouble to explain that he has a friend or his best friend is black or half black, depending on how he tells it.  It seems he is making fun of white people by saying that, or maybe he is just being hyper defense.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 10:29:04 PM »

I myself find racial humor funny. My woman is asian, and let me tell ya, more than 80% of all the asians I have met in my life (shitloads of em) cant drive worth a FUCK. I dont know what it is. Depth perception or what, I have no idea, but its a fact.

In my opinion, if you dont find at least some racial humor funny....... there is something seeeeeriously wrong with you, cuz its funny stuff.

Japanese videogame players also tend to have problems playing First Person Shooters, Mario Galaxy and other 3d video games.  Maybe the problem that causes Japanese videogamers to get sick playing such games is related to what you are talking about.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2011, 10:44:24 PM »

While Mark doesn't make fun of black people, he goes through a lot of trouble to explain that he has a friend or his best friend is black or half black, depending on how he tells it.  It seems he is making fun of white people by saying that, or maybe he is just being hyper defense.

Ha! Yeah I remember hearing that several times. The story is always sincere, so I'm betting it's the "hyper defense" you named.

Haven't heard the show where Ian & Mark mimic Asian accents but that surprises me. Dunno who 280 is..

Amazing Richard

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 12:57:56 AM »

I think Mark and Ian both recently used a bunch of chinese accents for fun, maybe I confused them with Puke and 280.  I know they also did a bunch of jokes making fun of chinese, japanese and asians in general.  280 was just repeating lines from a TV show, if I recall.

Who is this "280"??? Male or female? Hot or not?

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 02:30:09 AM »

Who is this "280"??? Male or female? Hot or not?

Um, Ryder usually has the same two co-hosts help him when he is in charge of the Sunday FTL.  They are both great guys and sometimes say things that some people may consider racist.  I am not sure what name 280 goes by on FTL.

blackie

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 09:22:57 AM »

They (Ian & Mark) frequently use suthr'n aixents to powar-tray ignrent whyte paple, but I've never once heard a hint of poking fun at black people and their well-earned and well known stereotypes.
I think they should poke fun at the well known and well-earned jew stereotypes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  "Free Talk Rive - Chinee Edition"

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 33 queries.