Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  World Cup Soccer 2010 - Who are you rooting for?

Poll

World Cup Soccer 2010 - Who are you rooting for?

Spain
- 1 (6.7%)
Brazil
- 0 (0%)
Argentina
- 0 (0%)
England
- 0 (0%)
USA
- 1 (6.7%)
Other (fill in below)
- 2 (13.3%)
Israel
- 2 (13.3%)
Palestine, North (Judea Samaria, Palestinain Authority rule)
- 0 (0%)
Palestine, South (Gaza strip, Hamas ruled)
- 0 (0%)
All states are by definition oppressive, I support none (may the crowd burst into the field and stop all the games)
- 3 (20%)
There's a world cup going on? What is soccer?
- 6 (40%)
Soccer is un'umerican
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: World Cup Soccer 2010 - Who are you rooting for?  (Read 5551 times)

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
Re: World Cup Soccer 2010 - Who are you rooting for?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 12:51:36 PM »

[youtube=480,385]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5xLn-X8YJRg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5xLn-X8YJRg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLn-X8YJRg

avshae

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 05:52:34 PM »

"Free economy is not necessarily good economy"?!  Blasphemy!  I think you're just doing mental gymnastics to justify Israel being ranked #78 in economic freedom, below most progressive Muslim countries (and India / China are gaining fast as well).  :lol:

Obviously anyone familiar with the economies of both Israel and Jordan would raise serious skepticism when shown an index where Jordan is #34 and Israel is #78. That's what I mean when I say this index is definitely no indicator of strong economy. Nor can you consider Jordan a "freer" economy that Israel's.

But lets look at aspects other than this. Blood-diamond Namibia at #69? Cut-yer-throat-and-empty-the-cash-register South Africa at #58? Mauritius is a nice laid-back authentic vacation resort, but I think they got a bit carried away with #17.

Are you sure the people who came up with this list checked their arithmetic?

Alex Libman

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 08:32:27 PM »

This list is compiled by Lord thy God, and divinely revealed to the Fraser Institute in Vancouver, British Columbia!  Thou shalt not question it!  Or complain when any country in the bottom half of the list get CIA'ed into a new right-wing military dictatorship.  Don't let "perfect" be the enemy of "good", or you'll end up like me, writing your own software and growing your own beans.  :lol:

(spoiler alert)

Go Holland!  Whooo!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 08:40:35 PM by Alex Libman »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  World Cup Soccer 2010 - Who are you rooting for?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 36 queries.