Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Who's more fun to watch lose

Poll

Who's more fun to watch lose elections?

Republicans
- 13 (43.3%)
Democrats
- 17 (56.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Who's more fun to watch lose  (Read 11510 times)

Charles

Who's more fun to watch lose
« on: October 18, 2006, 01:48:49 AM »

I'm going with democrats.  They're optomism before elections makes their loss so much more enjoyable.  Sure, we'll be handing our rights over to republicans, but it'd be the same with the democrats.

Also, I' love all the people saying they'll leave the US if republicans win.  And then they don't move....awesome.

Peppermint Pig

• Libertarian Adept
  • FTL Creative Team
  • This is where the fish lives.
    • View Profile
Re: Who's more fun to watch lose
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 02:00:51 AM »

Everybody loves an underdog... hahahahahaha... yeah, I would probably say Democrats too for similar reasons. But if someone could make the case for the other side, I might reconsider where I intend to place my vote.
Vigilance towards Liberty, in perpetuity!

bushwacker

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 02:27:42 AM »

This is a dumb poll that's rigged to lock out more than two choices! This sounds a lot like party politics in America today without IRV! :(

Charles

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 02:31:49 AM »

It has  nothing to do with politics.  Just entertainment.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 04:54:28 AM »

I had to say Democrates because they whine and demand recounts then threaten to leave and don't, then cry the election is rigged etc....

It would be a waste to add Libertarians to this poll they never expect to win.  In fact if one of the major Libertarian candidates actually wins I half expect them to grab their chest and get hauled off to the hospital suffering from a heart attack.

nude_dude_runner

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 03:17:49 PM »

I lose every time a democrat or republican gets elected.

Trademark

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 03:37:06 PM »

It's fun to watch anyone lose. Myself, I like to flip the 3rd graders shit when they lose a little leauge game.

Gay_Libertarian

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 09:10:52 PM »

I concur that Democrats are funnier when they lose -- although the holy rollers in the GOP might give us quite a show in November.  I expect lots of people saying that the GOP's loss is proof of Satan's dominion of earth and drop out of politics to prepare for the rapture.

Trademark

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 09:20:41 PM »

I concur that Democrats are funnier when they lose -- although the holy rollers in the GOP might give us quite a show in November.  I expect lots of people saying that the GOP's loss is proof of Satan's dominion of earth and drop out of politics to prepare for the rapture.

Christians are nutty like that. They refuse to be wrong, unless God throws them a bone of faith. Then they cry and tell everyone, I was wrong! Uh. we knew that.

error

• AMP Call-In Line Provider
  • FTL Crew
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • View Profile
    • Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 01:38:41 AM »

This election is fixed! I've been denied my right to vote!

Charles

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 03:15:20 AM »

The GOP just seems to get pissed when they lose.  Since they're usually pissed it doesn't really make much of a difference.

My favorite part is when people who seem so certain about their victory lose.  Delicious.

AlexLibman

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2006, 03:10:12 AM »

Although I didn't vote for either head of the RepubliCrat party, in 2004, I was really, really hoping Kerry would win.   :shock:

This is probably because I wasn't very sophisticated politically during the 1990s, and everything seemed fine on the surface under Clinton.  I found the Democrats charismatic, the economy was great, and the vision of America they projected sat very well with me.  This all changed in 2000, and it still seems like the sky has turned gray and the birds stopped singing...  It's probably all in my head, but the Internet stopped seeming like the great temple of knowledge and freedom, instead becoming an NSA-monitored dungeon of entrapment.  America stopped being the ideological opposite of the Soviet Union, and merely became the lesser of two evils, which is now unopposed in spreading its evil all over the world.

Maybe part of it is cultural, the self-image that Clinton / Gore / Kerry and Bush try to project, even though I understand that it's all a lie.  All my friends at the time were liberals.  It was like cheering for New England Patriots over Dallas Cowboys, but emotionally it seemed a lot more than that.

The amount of hatred I've stored up for Bush and the evil neo-con bastards is very unhealthy.  The worst thing I can say about most Democrats, on the other hand, is that they're naive.  If they could just be convinced that their desire for welfare economics and social justice, etc, can be accomplished through non-government NPO's, they'd fit very well into the libertarian world-view.  The Republicans, on the other hand, are cursed by me for all eternity, even ones like Ron Paul.  If he was really a good guy, he wouldn't have stayed in the same party as those theocratic warmongering fascist liers!   :x

::deep breath::

Now that libertarian philosophy has finally sunk in through my thick skull, the emotional attachment I have to the Dems over the Reps will gradually fade away.

yamnuska

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2006, 04:01:19 AM »

both

yamnuska

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2006, 04:01:57 AM »

In fact, I would find it great if they held an election and nobody came out to vote.

Charles

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 04:14:10 AM »

In fact, I would find it great if they held an election and nobody came out to vote.

Both losing would probably be the funniest thing ever.  A tie would be funny though.  Just tie after tie after tie.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Who's more fun to watch lose

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 38 queries.