Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Which is the latest generation console you own?

Poll

Which is the latest generation console you own?

PS3 - Hell YEAA!
Xbox 360 - *Right Balance*
Wii Wii!!! - Kids love it us
PS2/Xbox/Gamecube - Upgrading as soon as the 8th gen console comes out!
Atari 2600 - Still haven't mastered Pong :(
What's a console? :)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Which is the latest generation console you own?  (Read 24877 times)

error

• AMP Call-In Line Provider
  • FTL Crew
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • View Profile
Re: Which is the latest generation console you own?
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2006, 02:36:42 PM »

Blu-Ray has a distinct advantage in that it got to market first.

You can now walk into your nearest computer store and buy a Blu-Ray burner for your desktop, a laptop with a built-in Blu-Ray burner (saw this for the first time Black Friday), and plenty of blank discs.

No sign of HD-DVD on the store shelves.

fickenbaisage

« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2006, 02:39:58 PM »

Blu-Ray has a distinct advantage in that it got to market first.

You can now walk into your nearest computer store and buy a Blu-Ray burner for your desktop, a laptop with a built-in Blu-Ray burner (saw this for the first time Black Friday), and plenty of blank discs.

No sign of HD-DVD on the store shelves.

There is if you own a Xbox 360. Sold separately for 200 bucks.

error

• FTL Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2006, 02:45:28 PM »

And you have to have an Xbox 360 to use it? That's not very attractive for the vast majority of us who have absolutely no interest in an Xbox 360.

fickenbaisage

« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2006, 02:47:35 PM »

And you have to have an Xbox 360 to use it? That's not very attractive for the vast majority of us who have absolutely no interest in an Xbox 360.

oooooo. Sorry :shock:. It is a HD DVD player not a burner. Sorry for the wrong info.

error

• FTL Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2006, 02:49:37 PM »

Hell, I haven't seen any HD-DVD PLAYERS anywhere else, either.

fickenbaisage

« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2006, 02:54:18 PM »

DVD 9 burners are fine with me actually. The DVDs are so cheap and I see no point upgrading in the near future.

Charles

« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2006, 02:57:50 PM »

I've seen a few.  According to the guys at best buy, they haven't had to do service on one since they started selling them earlier in the year.  This compared to the blu-ray player, which they claim has already given them some problems.

Taors

« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2006, 09:57:14 PM »

I don't think the general public is too keen on Blu-Ray. Most average Americans have just gotten used to using DVD's in the last couple of years, after using VHS for so long and now they're being told that there's a bigger and better player out there and that they'll have to update their entire movie collection...again. I think that when they see the DVD part of HD-DVD that that'll entice them to be more accepting of it, though.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2006, 01:04:48 AM »

Anyone see the 11/28 Colbert Report?  The number 1 Threat Down was the Nintendo Wii.  Colbert made a Mii version of himself and beat up a Wii version of the Speaker of the House.  Very cool :)
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

FSP4evr

« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2006, 05:42:03 PM »

I love my XBOX & I don't see myself spending hundreds of dollars upgrading any time soon. When the time comes, I'll trade it & all the games in to a Game Stop store & get a discount.  8)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2006, 08:05:32 PM »

I do not own any console.  I have played one video game, and I failed miserably at it.  I'm sure I could fuck up Pong.  And yes, I actually do know what Pong is, thank you very much. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Taors

« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2006, 08:26:36 AM »

I do not own any console.  I have played one video game, and I failed miserably at it.  I'm sure I could fuck up Pong.  And yes, I actually do know what Pong is, thank you very much. 

Which game?

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2006, 01:39:25 PM »

Which game?

Mario something or other. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2006, 01:43:02 PM »

Which game?

Lindsey is also the lady that told me about the ball touching game.  I have come to love touching balls.  I swear, it has become one of my great pasttimes and I owe it all to Lindsey for teaching me how.

Thank you Lindsey.  I swear, the game spread viral and like 100+ people played it because you told me about it (including the FTL crew, my friends, their friends and so on).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 11:57:36 PM by Keith and Stuff »
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2006, 02:02:19 PM »

Which game?

Lindsey is also the lady that told me about the ball touching game.  I have come to love touching balls.  I swear, it has become one of my great pasttimes and I own it all to Lindsey for teaching me how.

Thank you Lindsey.  I swear, the game spread viral and like 100+ people played it because you told me about it (including the FTL crew, my friends, their friends and so on).

Ball Toucher rocks. 
         -George W. Bush
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Which is the latest generation console you own?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 37 queries.