Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Which is the latest generation console you own?

Poll

Which is the latest generation console you own?

PS3 - Hell YEAA!
Xbox 360 - *Right Balance*
Wii Wii!!! - Kids love it us
PS2/Xbox/Gamecube - Upgrading as soon as the 8th gen console comes out!
Atari 2600 - Still haven't mastered Pong :(
What's a console? :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Which is the latest generation console you own?  (Read 24868 times)

fickenbaisage

Which is the latest generation console you own?
« on: November 25, 2006, 05:15:15 PM »

There are maximum of 3 votes so if you are a lucky enough b****** to own all 3 latest consoles you can select all 3.

mike the godless heathen

• your friendly neighborhood atheist
  • life, meh
    • View Profile
    • Blog and what not.
Re: Which is the latest generation console you own?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 05:22:28 PM »

i'm still rockin' out to gh and gh2 on my ps2.  i plan on purchasing a wii sometime soon because i have heard it is nothing more than down right innovative fun.  and that is what games have been missing lately.  innovation and fun.
Snake Plissken: Got a smoke?
Malloy: The United States is a non-smoking nation! No smoking, no drugs, no alcohol, no women - unless you're married - no foul language, no red meat!
Snake Plissken: Land of the free.
Facebook
Twitter

Charles

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 05:43:03 PM »

I'll by the 360 when either it drops price, or they package it with the HD DVD player.  Hopefully they'll just put the drive right in the 360 instead of just having the attatchment.

Taors

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 09:08:52 PM »

I'll probably get a Wii in the next 6 months or so.

Johnny_

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 09:24:04 PM »

The orig xbox.  Games are all under $20 pretty much, with the older ones between $5 and $15 (used).  Can't beat the prices on shoestring budget.  I have games that I haven't even had the time to play yet but I bought because they were only a few bucks. 

AlexLibman

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 09:46:00 PM »

Back in the day, I had an NES, SNES, and a Sega Genesis.  (Never more than two at a time.)  The NES broke.  Don't remember what happened to the 16-bit consoles, I probably gave them away.  Time passed.  I didn't play any video games for years, until a friend got me to try Final Fantasy 6-8 and I got hooked, but only because I was semi-interested in video game programming.  Then I got it in my head to play Final Fantasy X, and since I couldn't get an emulator working good enough I bought me a PS2.  Half way though the game, though, I got bored, and ended up giving that console away as well.

I don't see myself buying any video game consoles in the future, not even when I have kids.  I'll be a total disciplinarian parent - my kids will be too busy competing for an early admission into Dartmouth to have any vegetative fun growing up!  And the only TV channel we'll have in my house is the one broadcasting live feed of the NH state legislature!

I can never be a leading member of the Free State Project myself, but I will raise my kids to be exactly that!   :x

EDIT: nope, I'm only half-joking.  Parents have the right to push their kids as hard as they see fit.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 10:25:27 PM by AlexLibman »

freedom geek

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 10:19:53 PM »

Back in the day, I had an NES, SNES, and a Sega Genesis.  (Never more than two at a time.)  The NES broke.  Don't remember what happened to the 16-bit consoles, I probably gave them away.  Time passed.  I didn't play any video games for years, until a friend got me to try Final Fantasy 6-8 and I got hooked, but only because I was semi-interested in video game programming.  Then I got it in my head to play Final Fantasy X, and since I couldn't get an emulator working good enough I bought me a PS2.  Half way though the game, though, I got bored, and ended up giving that console away as well.

I don't see myself buying any video game consoles in the future, not even when I have kids.  I'll be a total disciplinarian parent - my kids will be too busy competing for an early admission into Dartmouth to have any vegetative fun growing up!  And the only TV channel we'll have in my house is the one broadcasting live feed of the NH state legislature!

I can never be a leading member of the Free State Project myself, but I will raise my kids to be exactly that!   :x

Please tell me your joking. That's like a mini-statist commune.

Johnny_

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 11:46:51 PM »

Alex: Indoctrinating your kids (with any philosophy) is pretty much a sure-fire way to get them to hate it.  Just a thought.

Charles

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 02:25:31 AM »

Well, I hope your kids get some solid genetics.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2006, 04:44:11 AM »

There are maximum of 3 votes so if you are a lucky enough b****** to own all 3 latest consoles you can select all 3.
3do!  Woot.  The Panasonic (not inferior Goldstar) version.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

fickenbaisage

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2006, 07:48:06 AM »

So far nobody owns a PS3? That's interesting

Taors

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2006, 03:20:31 PM »

Even if they wanted one, I doubt they could get one this year.

mike the godless heathen

• your friendly neighborhood atheist
  • life, meh
    • View Profile
    • Blog and what not.
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2006, 05:45:50 PM »

Even if they wanted one, I doubt they could get one this year.

sony "says" they will have one million units in the states by the end of the year. 

the launch for the ps3 was actually larger than for the p32, though.  they only had two hundred thousand units available then.

of course, nintendo says they are going to ship two hundred thousand units every week until the end of the year.
oh, and speaking of the wii, i have a friend who thinks, since it is the wii Nintendo Entertainment System, we should call it the wiiNES (prounced weenus).  spread it around to all your gaming friends.  maybe we can get a nice trend started, ya?
Snake Plissken: Got a smoke?
Malloy: The United States is a non-smoking nation! No smoking, no drugs, no alcohol, no women - unless you're married - no foul language, no red meat!
Snake Plissken: Land of the free.
Facebook
Twitter

Charles

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2006, 06:46:53 PM »

The PS2 weren't going for 3 K though.  They were going for like 1600.  That's a serious step up.

mrapplecastle

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2006, 06:48:29 PM »

they wer'nt 500 smack-a-roos when first released either
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Which is the latest generation console you own?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 37 queries.