Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  What was Jesus?

Poll

What was Jesus?

God
- 2 (3%)
Christ
- 4 (6.1%)
Son of God
- 5 (7.6%)
Prophet
- 6 (9.1%)
None of the above
- 46 (69.7%)
All of the above
- 3 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: What was Jesus?  (Read 25382 times)

Bill Brasky

Re: What was Jesus?
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2007, 12:14:45 AM »

Ha, thats fuggin awesome,  seriously.

+1 

respek

bonerjoe

« Reply #121 on: January 07, 2007, 12:32:25 AM »

Because Bridget needs all that fancy maths to make egga roh.

cerpntaxt

« Reply #122 on: January 07, 2007, 01:25:53 AM »

psh not even good math. n?? x??? make up your mind!!  :)

Bill Brasky

« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2007, 05:02:15 AM »

You think its easy getting all that slop inside a fried egg noodle?

ladyattis

« Reply #124 on: January 07, 2007, 09:06:01 AM »

Damn straight! Most folks have to be told the coordinates of their food hole otherwise they just shove it up their ass. :lol: Many of my customers are very much like those folks from Deliverance. :shock:

-- Bridget

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2007, 04:26:01 AM »

So do I think there is a God?  Hell no.  The idea that the top of the ladder is some mythical creature that behaves like us seems unlikely to me.  But I don't think the universe is all there is; instead it's only what we have the capacity to see and understand.  For all we know, the universe is just the brief moments after some sort of (what seems to us) giant "chemical" reaction.

To me, it's pretty apparent that we'll never know the true nature of the universe we live in. 
The idea that god is some mythical creature that behaves like men is ridiculous.  God is a concept so abstract that it cannot even be described or imaged by any human being.  Yet what God did when he created the universe was set these laws of physics.  We learn more of them every year, and we learn where we were wrong before.  But what set the laws of physics?  God.  Does God jump into humans brains and tell them (like Pat Robertson) that there will be a tsunami in the future?  No. That's ridiculous.  Does he embody a human like Jesus?  No that's just as ridiculous.  Does he make decisions for people, predestination?  Absolutely not that's just as ridiculous. 
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Brian Wolf

« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2007, 06:23:09 AM »

Food for thought:

Think of the atom.  It obeys certain laws of physics, and it also has it's own set. 

Not to be nitpickey here, because I agree with most of what you are saying, but technically, atoms obey all laws of physics.
We just don't undersand the laws correctly yet.
Men don't make the laws of physics. They discover them. Perhaps we are getting close to understanding them, perhaps not.
We are definitly making great leaps forward each year.

Recently, using new telescope technology, Scientists have seen objects that were 13 BILLION light years away.

The current best estimate of the age of the Universe is 13.7 Billion years.

That means that we have caught a glimpse of the Universe only 700 Million years old!
Thats pretty damn impressive considering that the first telescope was invented a mere 400 years ago.
I think that the day when we can develop a telescope that can see that additional 700 Million years is probably not far off.

I don't know about you guys, but I find that idea incredible.

goten1201

« Reply #127 on: January 09, 2007, 08:36:12 AM »

In my opinion ,  Jesus was probably  a modern day Marthin Luther King, from 2000 years ago.  I haven't researched anything,  I went to a Catholic school, and i'm not religious at all.  Its possible he existed but not as an all knowing powerful being,   He was a jew, spoke aramaic , human, and taught  like a Dahli Lhama.  It was entertainment for people in those times and probably got blown way out of proportion.  All people who have talked about loving one another and bringing peace to the world were killed just like jesus,  lennon, mlk, jfk, etc.  He was probably an iconoclast of that time.   

Brian Wolf

« Reply #128 on: January 09, 2007, 08:45:43 AM »

In my opinion ,  Jesus was probably  a modern day Marthin Luther King, from 2000 years ago.  I haven't researched anything,  I went to a Catholic school, and i'm not religious at all.  Its possible he existed but not as an all knowing powerful being,   He was a jew, spoke aramaic , human, and taught  like a Dahli Lhama.  It was entertainment for people in those times and probably got blown way out of proportion.  All people who have talked about loving one another and bringing peace to the world were killed just like jesus,  lennon, mlk, jfk, etc.  He was probably an iconoclast of that time.   

Jesus had a lot of great ideas, none of them original. I believe that he thought he was doing the right thing.

I don't think he was killed for his beliefs, like Lennon, MLK or JFK, I think he was killed because he was stirring shit up. The Romans killed people all of the time, for sport.
Killing was no big deal to the Romans. Hell, probably more than half of the Emperors were murdered for their position.
Jesus was just 'making waves' so off his ass. I don't think that they were threatened by his philosophy or his little cult.

goten1201

« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2007, 08:50:55 AM »

Jesus had a lot of great ideas, none of them original. I believe that he thought he was doing the right thing.

I don't think he was killed for his beliefs, like Lennon, MLK or JFK, I think he was killed because he was stirring shit up. The Romans killed people all of the time, for sport.
Killing was no big deal to the Romans. Hell, probably more than half of the Emperors were murdered for their position.
Jesus was just 'making waves' so off his ass. I don't think that they were threatened by his philosophy or his little cult.

his beliefs were stirring everything up,  but yea we're on the same page.  Its just ppl resistant to change and he was preaching change ( if he existed).  None of the peace preachers have original ideas i mean you can't expand on the topic of peace i mean its like black and white with love and peace , hate and war.  Its more important about why and what time they were trying to preach peace and how that effected ppl.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 08:52:40 AM by goten1201 »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  What was Jesus?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 36 queries.