Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  What to do with BenTucker?

Poll

What should we do with this thorn in our side?

Leave him be, he represents valuable opposition
- 11 (28.2%)
Don't respond to his posts, because it gets us nowhere
- 9 (23.1%)
Put him on ignore, to reduce the signal-to-noise ratio
- 7 (17.9%)
Make his life miserable, God knows he's done it to us
- 4 (10.3%)
Petition Ian and Mark to ban him, he is basically a spammer
- 3 (7.7%)
Hunt him down and kill him, he's compelled us to labor for our existence for too damn long!!
- 5 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: What to do with BenTucker?  (Read 35420 times)

gandhi2

Re: What to do with BenTucker?
« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2007, 08:32:38 PM »

Hey, Ben...you believe that keeping IP rights exclusive would create an obligation to redistribute the benefits for those individuals who have privilege, don't you?  How does this extend to privacy rights?  Should you get to keep your email private, your real name, or your home phone number?

I'm willing to bet, like everybody else...when it affects you negatively, you'd have to restructure your beliefs to prevent personal pain.

BenTucker

« Reply #151 on: January 09, 2007, 08:49:00 PM »

you believe that keeping IP rights exclusive would create an obligation to redistribute the benefits for those individuals who have privilege, don't you?

I believe that law-based property rights to intangibles like IP can only come at the expense of labor-based property rights to tangibles.

How does this extend to privacy rights?  Should you get to keep your email private, your real name, or your home phone number?

I believe it is a question of exclusion...if someone else had the same e-mail address or phone number as me then how will the proper communication that was intended for me be delivered?

gandhi2

« Reply #152 on: January 09, 2007, 09:02:53 PM »

I believe it is a question of exclusion
Not what I'm getting at.  Privacy rights are essentially IP rights...you have some information and you want to keep it a secret.  If somebody finds out this secret, and uses it to hurt you, they are held accountable by the law.

Maybe I should start a new thread with this.

I think that privacy rights are a good case study for IP rights.  If you can keep it secret, and bind others to a contract to keep it secret(Privacy Policies), then they must abide the terms of that contract.  If somebody breaks privacy policy, they are held accountable for breach of contract.  However, if you declare to the winds some information, whether it's meant to be private or not, then you can't claim any compensation if somebody capitalizes off of it by overhearing.

This can also be applied to first-use land rights.  If you can secure it, and bind others to a contract to its use, then you can keep it.  If you open your borders, and post no warnings about its private-ness, and have no sign of first-use, then other men must assume that it's available.  Therefore, any unimproved land follows the same rules that IP would.  It's a naturally occurring phenomena.

Hittman

« Reply #153 on: January 10, 2007, 05:13:49 PM »

So to the question of what to do with him. . .

How about creating a forum called "Under the bridge."  Anyone who consistently derails topics with the same bullshit is limited to that one forum with all the other trolls.  The ticket for admission could be, say, 300 bitchslaps.   

That way anyone who want to bother with him could, and everyone else could enjoy the party without this dipshit dipping his ass in every punchbowl. 

aquabanianskakid

« Reply #154 on: January 10, 2007, 05:49:07 PM »

I had thought about that bitchslap idea before... but then there are a couple people here that do actually contribute and have lots of bitchslaps from one or two people that just got pissed at them.

Inhale

Exhale

Time for another "sentence".

goten1201

« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2007, 01:36:42 PM »

Can Ben Tucker be the first person to hit -1000?  join the movement.

aquabanianskakid

« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2007, 07:19:18 PM »

I think he can be... Gene is next.

bonerjoe

Re: What to do with DonkeyFucker?
« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2007, 09:33:08 PM »

I dunno.

goten1201

« Reply #158 on: January 24, 2007, 03:44:06 AM »

congratz ben is now at -1000   i was the last one to do it !  here's a special pic just for it.

ForumTroll

« Reply #159 on: May 25, 2010, 02:51:51 PM »

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #160 on: May 25, 2010, 02:58:49 PM »

wtf is this shit
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 25, 2010, 05:39:33 PM »

It's called a necroed thread and it's an individual equal access right.  Everyone has a right to this thread but space is limited so by posting here you've used valuable storage space and bandwidth and you are perfectly welcome to do that as it is your right but you've also deprived the next guy of that space and bandwidth so you owe Ben Tucker 25 dollars.  Have a nice day and thank you for your patronage.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 05:42:15 PM by Ecolitan »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  What to do with BenTucker?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 36 queries.