Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  What is your Religion

Poll

What is your Religion

Atheism
- 19 (24.4%)
Christianity
- 7 (9%)
Jewish
- 1 (1.3%)
Catholic
- 1 (1.3%)
Hinduism
- 0 (0%)
Buddhism
- 1 (1.3%)
Rastafarianism
- 1 (1.3%)
Islam
- 3 (3.8%)
Taoism
- 1 (1.3%)
Neopaganism / Pagan
- 4 (5.1%)
Satanism
- 1 (1.3%)
Scientology
- 0 (0%)
Wiccan
- 0 (0%)
Pastafarian
- 0 (0%)
Animistic
- 0 (0%)
All Religions :D
- 1 (1.3%)
No Religion / Not Religious
- 19 (24.4%)
None of these
- 11 (14.1%)
Pantheism
- 2 (2.6%)
Judaism
- 2 (2.6%)
Asatru / Norse Gods
- 2 (2.6%)
Discordian/Subgenius
- 1 (1.3%)
Pantheist
- 1 (1.3%)
Government
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closes: December 20, 2035, 01:27:29 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: What is your Religion  (Read 53416 times)

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What is your Religion
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2008, 09:29:46 PM »

Oh man. I want that plushie.

And the market provides

O.M.G.

Three children, three versions of Munchkin Cthulhu
My Cthulhu-mas shopping is complete.

Not that I actually put my children through family game nights with a few classic Munchkin decks, or anything. That would be torture.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Porcupine_in_MA

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2008, 09:39:46 PM »

That would be torture.

'Sweet, sweet torture though.

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2008, 10:09:46 PM »

Nonreligious, along the lines of the definition Joel provided earlier.

(Ever notice how all you people that change your handles never change your names?)
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

The Muslim Agorist

• FTL Creative Team
  • Join the Counter Economy
    • View Profile
    • The San Francisco Muslim Examiner
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2008, 10:22:59 PM »

The point is that The Tablet of Hermes is not for historians to understand dates and times, as the confusion is intentionally designed by the occult philosophers in order to keep things interesting for the people attracted to this style of mystery.

Do not fret fair hermaphrodite. Your tablet is not the words of Al-Batin, for unbefitting is it for He to have the sun and moon as progenitors. Neither is it the words of Arabs, for the tablet is Aristotelean, or psuedo-Aristotelean. Merely do I speculate as to why your baboon god would not preserve his word in the original language. Is he so unlettered he must depend upon the scholars of Al-Batin? Is he so impotent he can't protect the tablet? I have met the baboon and he is but another slave.
"The Greatest Jihad is to speak a word of truth in the face of a tyrant."
~Prophet Muhammad

I'm tired of Repeating Myself

Taors

« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2008, 10:50:43 PM »

The point is that The Tablet of Hermes is not for historians to understand dates and times, as the confusion is intentionally designed by the occult philosophers in order to keep things interesting for the people attracted to this style of mystery.

Do not fret fair hermaphrodite. Your tablet is not the words of Al-Batin, for unbefitting is it for He to have the sun and moon as progenitors. Neither is it the words of Arabs, for the tablet is Aristotelean, or psuedo-Aristotelean. Merely do I speculate as to why your baboon god would not preserve his word in the original language. Is he so unlettered he must depend upon the scholars of Al-Batin? Is he so impotent he can't protect the tablet? I have met the baboon and he is but another slave.

Give me a break. The Tablet goes much, much further back than Aristotle.

The Muslim Agorist

• FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2008, 11:01:13 PM »

According to who? Everything I'm finding says that the text is amongst those works of Aristotle transmitted through Arabs to the West. Where is the older source?
~Prophet Muhammad

Taors

« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2008, 11:20:04 PM »

According to who? Everything I'm finding says that the text is amongst those works of Aristotle transmitted through Arabs to the West. Where is the older source?

Fuck Aristotle and fuck your source.

Taors

« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2008, 11:55:55 PM »

Many eyes. Many, many eyes.

The Muslim Agorist

• FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2008, 01:16:24 AM »

Fuck Aristotle and fuck your source.

Find me another.

I'll drop the yee olde speak... apparently people don't find it as entertaining as I do. I can't help it... I'm nostalgic.

It certainly would be interesting to find out who or how many people put the legend of the Emerald Tablet together.
So its a legend now?
So... why would the philosophers stick to one language when they could do a much better job by spreading the information in many languages, and in many other ways?
Philosophers diliberately spreading esoteric teachings in multiple forms and languages is completely different from transmitting an original document, presumably a tablet, through a foreign language such as Arabic, and translating all existent narrations from the foreign language because the original is lost. One a brilliant conspiracy by mages of the highest order... the other is an accident of history. It's very much like the New Testament in that way. No documents in the language of Jesus exist, what we have instead is a corpus of gospels in Greek, and from those they translate the message for the multitudes. This was not the genius of Jesus, but the necessity of scholars. And while the invisible gospel may be there for one who sees with two sights... the text is not inerrant.

It was through this diversity of multiplications in which cryptic meaning has spread throughout every society and civilization, infesting the planet with Hermes' tricks. You will find Hermes in Islam, too. In Islam, his is the Buraq from the Night Journey.

Hmm.... Yes... you are correct. Truth erupts in isolation... like Buddha under the lote tree of the farthest boundary. The baboon and ibis have no place in Islam. But the esoteric meaning is sound. The Message of the way forward and the path upward needs no tablet and no book. The Signs abound both within and without, above and below. But this is not the genius of some Hermetic author. The is al-Haq. The Sure Reality. What is the Sure Reality? And what will make you realise what the Sure Reality is?

The authentic text of the tablet is lost to history. What remains is only conjecture amongst guerrilla alchemists. But the Message of the Tablet is closer to you than your own jugular vein, engraved upon the heart of the Traveler. I suggest you look there.

~Prophet Muhammad

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2008, 06:50:34 AM »

Judaism is too close to Pantheism.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

bad_cab

« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2008, 07:45:59 AM »

Atheism isn't a religion.

yes it is also bald is a hair color and transparent is a color

DogOn

« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2008, 10:42:27 AM »

Pantheist in da house

How are you defining it?

the view that everything is of an all-encompassing immanent abstract God; or that the Universe, or nature, and God are equivalent.

wtf does that mean?

God is everything?

Wheres your proof for this pantheist god?

I don't see any reason to inject god into anything if all you mean is existence, well except if it gives you a good feeling to be able to believe in some nebulous all encompassing deity.

Taors

« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2008, 10:43:40 AM »

Hehe.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2008, 05:39:27 PM »

Pantheist in da house

How are you defining it?

the view that everything is of an all-encompassing immanent abstract God; or that the Universe, or nature, and God are equivalent.

wtf does that mean?

God is everything?

I don't see any reason to inject god into anything if all you mean is existence, well except if it gives you a good feeling to be able to believe in some nebulous all encompassing deity.
Yes God is EVERYTHING.  Makes a lot more sense than the Christian Jesus thing or atheism.  It's a different way of looking at the world.  Instead of seeing the universe as bleak and transparent, you see it as something that is rich and full of opportunity.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

DogOn

« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2008, 06:20:21 PM »

Pantheist in da house

How are you defining it?

wtf does that mean?

God is everything?

Yes God is EVERYTHING.  Makes a lot more sense than the Christian Jesus thing or atheism.  It's a different way of looking at the world.  Instead of seeing the universe as bleak and transparent, you see it as something that is rich and full of opportunity.

If god is everything then its a useless definition. Everything is already a concept, and theres no need to plug in any supernatural bullshit on top of that because its a fairly simple premise.

Pantheism just seems like an excuse for rational minds to buy into the happy mysticism of religion without being too illogical.

If all you believe god is is everything, then I believe god exists too, because i believe everything that exists exists (duh), but you've just distorted the word god to be completely meaningless.

Anything I've missed?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  What is your Religion

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 37 queries.