Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  What is your Myers-Briggs personality type?

Poll

What is your Myers-Briggs personality type?

ISTJ - The Duty Fulfillers
ESTJ - The Guardians
ISFJ - The Nurturers
ESFJ - The Caregivers
ISTP - The Mechanics
ESTP - The Doers
ESFP - The Performers
ISFP - The Artists
ENTJ - The Executives
INTJ - The Scientists
ENTP - The Visionaries
INTP - The Thinkers
ENFJ - The Givers
INFJ - The Protectors
ENFP - The Inspirers
INFP - The Idealists

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: What is your Myers-Briggs personality type?  (Read 16070 times)

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
Re: What is your Myers-Briggs personality type?
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2007, 10:47:50 PM »

"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

theghostofbj

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2007, 11:00:32 PM »

Jesus, Brock. That kinda thing is private.

Mike Barskey

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
    • My own web site
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2007, 12:33:26 AM »

Your Type is
INTJ
Introverted   Intuitive   Thinking   Judging
Strength of the preferences %
33   75   88   33

Qualitative analysis of your type formula
 You are:
moderately expressed introvert
distinctively expressed intuitive personality
very expressed thinking personality
moderately expressed judging personality

nathan_b

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2007, 10:50:18 AM »

I'm an INTJ.  I find it kind of odd that so many listeners are INTJs.  According to the pools approxmately 40% of the people are INTJ, and I read some where that only about 1% to 2% of people are INTJs.  My only conclusion is that INTJs are attracted to the message of freedom.

Taors

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2007, 11:07:16 AM »

Christian Bale?

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2007, 11:25:15 AM »

ENTP - Inventor and visionary
It put me with Ben Franklin
The careers were funny cause it listed standup comic.
I took a similar test in college and it said I should be a political cartoonist.
I just don't think I am that funny.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2007, 11:52:57 AM »

The Myers-Briggs test should only be taken once without the subject of the test fully aware of the the system. Otherwise you get a lot of false numbers.

People often read the types, fixate on the one they relate to, or aspire to be like, and answer the questions that obviously fill the criteria.

Online, everybody is an INTJ, because INTJ is fucking cool. (Especially among freedom lovers and geeks.) Compound this with the fact that "real" INTJ's are stat whores of the worst sort, and your demographics get messed up P.D.Q.

Here's a fun example:

Curiosity, cleverness, skill, communication; making connections with surroundings, trying to "figure things out"; the first display of intelligence by embodied spirit. Talkative , communicative, sociable; loves to interact with others ; unemotional, impersonal, ruled by "rationality"; requires great mental stimulation, curious to a fault; the Devil's Advocate.

ENTJ right? Wrong.

That's the description of "Gemini" the Zodiac sign.

Tests like this are effected not only by the simple answers to questions, but by how the person taking the test wishes to be perceived.

For example:

IRL, Myers-Briggs says John Shaw is an INTJ. John shaw likes the idea of INTJ and that's why the result was INTJ. The fact of the matter is, if you know me for more than five minutes, you will know that the most difficult thing about being near me is that fact that I NEVER FUCKING SHUT UP. This is not the behavior of an INTJ.

The reality is, is that John Shaw is a big ole' loudmouth ENTJ. The test sez otherwise because I'd like to be the introspective, deep thinker, when in reality my mind works more like a carpet bombing than Ninjutsu.

I take some solace in the fact that I'm still pretty smart, if not introverted.

This is also an important factor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forer_effect
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 12:01:02 PM by John Shaw »
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2007, 12:26:19 PM »

INTJ

Almost everyone on here is an "N" of some sort. Not sure what that means.

Shakezula

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2007, 06:01:37 PM »

INTJ

Almost everyone on here is an "N" of some sort. Not sure what that means.

iNtuition.

Quote from: wikipedia
Intuitives tend to focus on the future, with a view toward patterns and possibilities. These people prefer to receive data from the subconscious, or seeing relationships via insights.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2007, 12:05:41 AM »

John Shaw does talk a lot.   :P
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

ladyattis

« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2007, 01:14:28 AM »

I've always been iN on the MBPT scale, with only a variation between T, J, F, P scales with age. I think one time I polled as an INFP, but the majority of the time I've polled as an iNTJ, and I actually hated it, but what the hell that's what the questions led the scale assessment toward.

-- Brede

()

« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2007, 10:35:02 PM »

Just noticed an astronomically high concentration of INTP and INTJ types.

Those two are very interesting types, because they're the revolutionaries in our society.  They don't see what is, they see what could be.  They're the ~4% of the population that the other 96% follow, albeit indirectly.  "Introverted Intuitives" is the name for those two (also INFP and INFJ types). 

It doesn't surprise me in the least that most of those polled are those two types.  Good to know I'm in like-minded company.

annyab

« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2007, 10:46:06 PM »

ENTJ

Free_Marketeer

« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2007, 12:16:30 AM »

[...] The test sez otherwise because I'd like to be the introspective, deep thinker, when in reality my mind works more like a carpet bombing than Ninjutsu.
[...]

I can see carpet bombs being the next big scare in Boston.  :lol:

+1 for the, erm, introspection and links. 

()

« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2007, 12:21:35 AM »

The Myers-Briggs test should only be taken once without the subject of the test fully aware of the the system. Otherwise you get a lot of false numbers.

People often read the types, fixate on the one they relate to, or aspire to be like, and answer the questions that obviously fill the criteria.

Online, everybody is an INTJ, because INTJ is fucking cool. (Especially among freedom lovers and geeks.) Compound this with the fact that "real" INTJ's are stat whores of the worst sort, and your demographics get messed up P.D.Q.

Here's a fun example:

Curiosity, cleverness, skill, communication; making connections with surroundings, trying to "figure things out"; the first display of intelligence by embodied spirit. Talkative , communicative, sociable; loves to interact with others ; unemotional, impersonal, ruled by "rationality"; requires great mental stimulation, curious to a fault; the Devil's Advocate.

ENTJ right? Wrong.

That's the description of "Gemini" the Zodiac sign.

Tests like this are effected not only by the simple answers to questions, but by how the person taking the test wishes to be perceived.

For example:

IRL, Myers-Briggs says John Shaw is an INTJ. John shaw likes the idea of INTJ and that's why the result was INTJ. The fact of the matter is, if you know me for more than five minutes, you will know that the most difficult thing about being near me is that fact that I NEVER FUCKING SHUT UP. This is not the behavior of an INTJ.

The reality is, is that John Shaw is a big ole' loudmouth ENTJ. The test sez otherwise because I'd like to be the introspective, deep thinker, when in reality my mind works more like a carpet bombing than Ninjutsu.

I take some solace in the fact that I'm still pretty smart, if not introverted.

This is also an important factor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forer_effect

Just wanted to pop in and say there's a lot of truth to this.  The only reasons I believe I'm an INTP are:

1) The first time I took the test, I had no idea what the MBTI was.  Blind study.

2) I strongly identify, at least in external behaviors, with other INTPs and to a certain extent, ISTPs. 

But yeah, I've read the descriptions for INTP, INTJ and ISTP, and they're all so fucking close most people could be any of the three, if they are one.  I think we have to remember that the MBTI means *nothing* outside of the MBTI.   It's just a grouping system.  So while fun and interesting, it's of limited scientific or practical value.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  What is your Myers-Briggs personality type?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 37 queries.