Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  What do you do?

Poll

What do you do, during the pledge of allegiance?

go along with the facade
- 2 (9.1%)
stand up and look around
- 7 (31.8%)
stay seated
- 7 (31.8%)
play with cell phone (while sitting or standing)
- 0 (0%)
fuck around
- 6 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you do?  (Read 5656 times)

mrapplecastle

• autonomist
    • View Profile
What do you do?
« on: September 22, 2010, 10:59:42 PM »

When I find myself in the situation, I normally stand (I was always made to stand at school) and just watch what everyone else does.

BonerJoe

Re: What do you do?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 11:08:41 PM »

Depends on the situation.

mrapplecastle

• autonomist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 11:13:01 PM »

Depends on the situation.
like what, wither you're at a football game or a cop's funeral?

I wonder if any on the stay seated peoples have any experiences to share?

Pizzly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 11:14:08 PM »

Last time I heard the Pledge was in high school, I never stood up for it.
Peace isn't loving your neighbor, peace is simply not killing them.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 11:15:34 PM »

Most of the time in school I stayed seated.  When teachers would make me stand up I'd just look around then. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 01:02:12 AM »

Given that I haven't been in a situation where someone was saying the pledge of allegiance since middle school, I answered "stay seated."

On the rare occasion you might find me at a sporting event when the national anthem is sung, I'll either be heading to the concessions stand to get a drink or snack (since a long line is less likely then), or calmly remaining in my seat enjoying my drink or snack.  People are about as shocked as when you stay seated during communion in church-- a few curious glances, but that's about it.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 01:13:20 AM »

Were you at the last Liberty Forum?  The people remaining seated (about a third to half the room) were more shocked that the anthem was even being played at all.  Hehe.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 01:17:04 AM »

In High School I stood, but only because I got enough shit from people in my life and saw what happened to the people who sat. Now I sit, because I know how to handle myself and others better. Of course, back when I was in boy scouts, I stood and did the whole speech; I was leading the speech at the front of the room.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Bill Brasky

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 01:17:19 AM »

I usually put on a Kung Fu exhibition.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 01:51:46 AM »

One day... I will finally have the strength of purpose to whip it out and start jacking.

atomiccat

• FTL AMPlifier
  • Anarchy will Reign when pigs fly... Look a pig!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 03:20:12 AM »

I would change the words.

I pledge aregance to the frag of the united plates of america and to the wee public for which it stands one nation under me with liberty and justice for none!

And now for the national anthem

O say can you pee by my cocks burning stream, What so proudly we hail'd at the twilight's last cumming? Whose broad Cocks and bright assess, thro' the perilous shitting ...

« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 03:26:59 AM by atomiccat »

Bill Brasky

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 02:33:45 AM »

One day... I will finally have the strength of purpose to whip it out and start jacking.

I don't think I could achieve a rock hard boner.  And thus, it would be a lackluster jacking exhibition.

mrapplecastle

• autonomist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 12:17:01 AM »

So when I started this thread I blurred the lines between the pledge, and the anthem, basically the indoctrination is the same just different settings. This past sunday I found myself at this dallas vs. houston football game and instead of going to possibly snag some concessions like rillion suggested, during the anthem I was expressing what I think freemdom means in america. I was told to shut up by two people in front of me, one guy in his mid 30s and the other probably around 50s, and supposedly someone a couple seats away from me, I thought I might get jumped.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 04:45:52 PM »

The statists don't seem to have any clue how offensive that shit is.  It's interesting how easily they take offense if you're not bending over for the state, though.

Last hockey season, I was on a team's web site participating in their blog, which has the ability to post responses beneath.  The responses are moderated according to mostly common-sense rules, one of which was "no politics."  Of course, interpretation of that rule is left to the blog operator.

A particular blog entry was posted about the team's recognition of a chosen member of "the armed forces" at every home game.  Apparently, at one game, there was some tit-for-tat between different "services" and their members.  I commented that I'd rather the team didn't exalt the paid killers.  I was censored according to the politics rule, and followed up with a comment pointing out that the blogger himself, and the organization had broken their own policy.  I had not brought the politics up--I'd merely commented on how distasteful it was.  Though I didn't receive any kind of apology, I think the blogger and the readers "got it."  The main point, though, was how most people are so indoctrinated that they can't even see their own actions objectively.  Initially, the casual observer thought that *I* had been disrespectful and that *I* had introduced politics, when it was in fact *they* who had introduced the paid killers as heroes and struck at *me* for taking offense.

carolynjane4

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2010, 01:41:15 PM »

I was on a flight about a year ago.  When we arrived at my connection, the flight attendant asked the passengers to allow the 10 or so army members (in uniform) to get off the plane first, and to applaud them as they walked by.  I was toward the front of the plane, on the aisle, so most of them walked right past me.  I had no trouble with letting them off first - I wasn't in a big hurry, and if I didn't like it, I could simply choose not to fly on that airline again (although it hasn't stopped me - I believe this is the only negative story I have ever had about Southwest).  But I could not stand or applaud for them.  I looked at them with sad eyes, trying to express sympathy and understanding, but not respect for their uniform.  I got the feeling that the people in uniform understood my position more than the other passengers did.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  What do you do?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 38 queries.