Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  What did you buy for black friday/cyber monday?

Poll

Did you go shopping on black friday

Yes, I woke up early for the black friday specials
- 2 (14.3%)
No, I  have or will do most of my shopping online
- 2 (14.3%)
No, I have done my shopping or will do my shopping later
- 3 (21.4%)
I'm the Grinch
- 3 (21.4%)
I'm not going to do any shopping
- 4 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What did you buy for black friday/cyber monday?  (Read 6446 times)

atomiccat

• FTL AMPlifier
  • Anarchy will Reign when pigs fly... Look a pig!
    • View Profile
What did you buy for black friday/cyber monday?
« on: November 29, 2010, 02:21:12 AM »

I woke up at 3 am, went to JC penny got some towels and a leather jacket and the free snow globes they give out here,
then I went to Fred myers for the 20% off all video games and accesories and bought kinect sports and 40$ in xbox points.
then I went to target but all the good stuff was taken and it was a 45 min wait to checkout anything so i left.
and went to shopko, got my girlfriend a electric razor, and a clock radio that plays and charges her ipod, and I got a projector for 60$ and So i could hook it up to my xbox and play games on my wall.

Pizzly

• View Profile
Re: What did you buy for black friday/cyber monday?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 10:32:49 AM »

There's no option for "won't buy gifts".
Peace isn't loving your neighbor, peace is simply not killing them.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 12:37:16 PM »

I just lurk outside the store at which I want to buy something, dressed in a long black trench coat and Zorro mask. Then, when someone walks out of the store with something I was planning on buying anyway, I simply TAKE IT FROM THEM. It saves soooooo much time and energy and I get the extra added bonus of hearing the cries of sorrow buzzing in my ear from behind as I run to the getaway car where my faithful driver awaits, making sure my hot cocoa is waiting for me.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 03:55:16 PM by quickmike »
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

atomiccat

• FTL AMPlifier
  • Anarchy will Reign when pigs fly... Look a pig!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 01:07:58 PM »

I added a extra option for you  :?

davann

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 02:16:18 PM »

I purchased 24 dozen boxes of donuts and some coffee which I sold at a profit to cold people standing in line prior to doors opening.  Only got kicked out of one parking lot.

A nice little profit that should be enough to buy another plane ticket to go visit my dying father (asbestos got him) for Christmas. Gifts just don't seem to hold the same importance to me this year.

Also, if I can make enough for a round trip plane ticket in one day there is no reasonable excuse for anyone to be claiming they can not find work. There is always ways to make money. People are just lazy and unimaginative.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 03:52:55 PM »

I added a extra option for you  :?

You're a super swell guy!!!

Happy Holidays.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 04:07:56 PM »

My girlfriend convinced me to wake up at 4 for black friday. I didnt really have any specific shopping or big ticket items in mind and neither did she. I think it is waay over hyped and it will be the first and last time I do that.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 04:50:20 PM »

I purchased 24 dozen boxes of donuts and some coffee which I sold at a profit to cold people standing in line prior to doors opening.  Only got kicked out of one parking lot.

A nice little profit that should be enough to buy another plane ticket to go visit my dying father (asbestos got him) for Christmas. Gifts just don't seem to hold the same importance to me this year.

Also, if I can make enough for a round trip plane ticket in one day there is no reasonable excuse for anyone to be claiming they can not find work. There is always ways to make money. People are just lazy and unimaginative.

Davann you are the freaking man.  I will have to remember this for next year. 

I went out with the out of town relatives later in the day on black friday.  We went to a mall which was busy but not overly busy.  Only got a small ceramic pig container for my Mom and a replacement snow globe for my Sister-in-law to replace the one my son destroyed.  I have gotten a couple of things for my son for Christmas from on-line vendors we plan to not over do it.  The family has agreed to not exchange gifts this year except for the kids and geezers.  We are looking for a fun place to have Christmas eve or day dinner as a group.  I am pushing for a Medieval Times Christmas dinner theater.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 08:40:00 PM »

The fan on my PC started grinding/making a lot of noise, so my daughter and I went to Best Buy to get a new one late in the morning.

Parking lot was packed, no lines at all to buy anything though. In & out in 5 min.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

tranced

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 08:47:46 PM »

Avoided retail like it was the plague until Sunday figuring people'd be tired by then - nope.  Still managed to buy a couple things for the wife at bed, bath and beyond - a big pasta board, one of those slap chop things, a creme brulee kit, a mandolin slicer, some no grip stuff for drawers and some other crap.  Still need to get her a toaster oven, a panini press thing, a pour shield gizmo for her stand mixer.  Got her a cover thing for it online today.  Now she's talking about cook books - I dunno wtf is wrong with dozen she has now but whatever'll shut her up I guess.  I'm taking the truck in for a remote start wednesday for myself.

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 09:16:51 PM »

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 08:21:31 AM »

Avoided retail like it was the plague until Sunday figuring people'd be tired by then - nope.  Still managed to buy a couple things for the wife at bed, bath and beyond - a big pasta board, one of those slap chop things, a creme brulee kit, a mandolin slicer, some no grip stuff for drawers and some other crap.  Still need to get her a toaster oven, a panini press thing, a pour shield gizmo for her stand mixer.  Got her a cover thing for it online today.  Now she's talking about cook books - I dunno wtf is wrong with dozen she has now but whatever'll shut her up I guess.  I'm taking the truck in for a remote start wednesday for myself.

I don't know how big your family is but I have roll door 4 slice toaster oven I like.  Now some of the reviewers are morons saying you can't clean the door.  This is because they failed to read the instructions on how to remove the door for cleaning. Proctor Silex 4-Slice Toaster Oven/Broiler - Black (31955)  if you go through FTL amazon link you can kick some money back to the show.

I have had my eye on the latest Forman grill which has plates to do a multitude of different press grill applications.  Panni, grill, griddle and waffle plates and all plates go in the dishwasher always a plus.

The slap chop thing is garbage they never work.  Better to get a quality knife and cutting board.

I ordered from Northern tool a meat grinder for my other half.  He is an avid hunter and the cost of butchering has gone up significantly.  He likes it because it has a massive v belt fly wheel which he can hook up to some power tools or use the hand crank.  We have already packed up the extra freezer with deer that needs final processing. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200449763_200449763

tranced

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 10:08:48 PM »

The slap chop thing is garbage they never work.  Better to get a quality knife and cutting board.

It shut the wife up for a bit and distracted her so it was well worth the $15.  I've worked kitchen jobs so I know the value of a good knife set and ours is better than average and the blades are kept honed but she wanted another gadget.  Tomorrow I'll try to finish up my shopping with some crap from amazon if the ftl link is working.

jdrossi3

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 09:16:23 PM »

A gun

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 12:39:20 AM »

Thank you for dredging this back up. I plan on doing the donut thing if I can this year. Dont let me forget to get off of work ya'all.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  What did you buy for black friday/cyber monday?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 37 queries.