Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  What's your view of drug dealers?

Poll

What is your opinion of the average drug dealer?

Good
- 11 (40.7%)
Bad
- 2 (7.4%)
They're okay
- 10 (37%)
I don't think too highly (lol) of them
- 4 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's your view of drug dealers?  (Read 4654 times)

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
Re: What's your view of drug dealers?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 11:32:13 AM »

I think all of them are just entrepreneurs trying to provide a service in the marketplace, but most are pretty shady characters.  I try to avoid them as they seem to bring trouble along with them.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 12:59:01 PM »

you can't categorize people by what they do, no more than you can by their skin tone
BULLSHIT.

What a person does with his time and his life is the only proper way to categorize him --  and judge him.

bakerbaker

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 01:18:15 PM »

in my experience, the lower level ones are typically nice guys.  I've never dealt with anyone much higher up the ladder than someone whos' pushing a few ounces here and there.  mostly, its just been friends who know someone who has the shit.

i've personally never paid for anything but some weed.

some friends i used to have (whom i don't associate with anymore) started to get pretty heavy into dealing--begining to mingle with people higher up the ladder.  i think they did pretty well for themselves for a while.  i didn't ask any questions.  i wasn't interested in the details at all, but i knew enough to know they were gettin pretty heavy.  at some point, they ended up getting robbed real bad.  it all went to shit and they ended up with a ton of debts to the guys they were getting fronted from.  One of them doesn't even do drugs anymore, AFIK...i guess the bad-luck and the paranoia gave him a change of heart.  The other one i think might be dealing again.  he began to develop one of those wangster attitudes.  i stopped talking to him.

DogOn

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 04:32:35 PM »

I put good, but its too general a term to say all good or all bad.

The ones out there who aren't assholes and don't hurt people, I love. Though selling drugs doesn't exclude you from doing a whole range of shitty behaviors I may hate you for.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 07:53:13 PM by fatcat »

Shara

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2008, 06:13:25 PM »

I think that it depends on the person...
The only drug dealer that I ever personally knew was my uncle... a nice guy, but before he started dealing, he shamelessly mooched on his older (possibly senile) mother for money until she finally had to file bankruptcy and sell everything she had.

He was not a good worker, probably because he was too wasted most of the time to work.
I suppose some of them might know when to quit.
Not much to say when you're high above the mucky-muck... yeah...

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2008, 11:01:14 PM »

Because drugs are illegal, the trade draws a pretty rough crowd.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2008, 11:23:12 PM »

I grew up in KY. From what I saw last time I visited- I don't doubt you.

Shit nigga, where at.

My crib was at the East side, foo'. Coal Country, chekkit. South of OH, but North of Hazard (yeah peeps, they is a real "Hazard" KY.)
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Taors

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 12:34:48 AM »

I grew up in KY. From what I saw last time I visited- I don't doubt you.

Shit nigga, where at.

My crib was at the East side, foo'. Coal Country, chekkit. South of OH, but North of Hazard (yeah peeps, they is a real "Hazard" KY.)

Seems like we were about 100-300 miles apart.

Kevin Freeheart

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2008, 12:41:31 AM »

I've found that the vast majority are average people with a side business. On one hand, that "shoot 'em up" stereotype they portray is totally false. On the other hand, if a Wal-mart cashier took her sweet ass time, decided every now and then to fill my cereal box with bird seed, use reused bags and charge me twice as much randomly because it's Friday and the shelf stocker hadn't gotten off HIS ass to restock - I'd be quite pissed and not go back to Wal-Mart.
Quote from: John Shaw
Libman was setting you up. You see, he's a resident troll, which means that while I hate him passionately and wish him great harm, he's ONE OF OURS. You are a pathetic interloper who will fade away in a few weeks at most.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  What's your view of drug dealers?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 50 queries.