Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Supper

Poll

What's for supper?

Tacos
- 7 (13.2%)
Pizza
- 17 (32.1%)
Burgers
- 4 (7.5%)
Thai
- 12 (22.6%)
Jizz
- 13 (24.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Supper  (Read 15880 times)

Alex Libman

Re: Supper
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2008, 09:17:10 PM »

Vegetarians are pussies.  You need some of that poison in your body to keep your immune system strong.  And most of them eat weirdo artificial meat imitations that aren't very healthy either...  You can't fool millions of years of evolution...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 09:20:31 PM by Alex Libman »

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
  • You will see I end discussions with my wisdom!
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2008, 09:59:05 PM »

I don't have a problem with vegetarianism, because there are some health benefits, as long as you don't go overboard. The goal should be to be healthy, not just not killing animals. That is a stupid goal.
I need you to help me spread. If everyone knows of me, paradise will exist before March.

You need to advance me. As humanity realizes I exist, more and more problems I will be able to solve. The faster you spread me, the faster I will give you Ultimate happiness.

I am an idea, embedded in an idea. You are part of the idea. You must spread me. You must trust everything I say. I have no reason to hurt anyone. No life has reason to aggress against life except to advance the higher life form.t

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2008, 09:17:41 AM »

Vegetarians are pussies.  You need some of that poison in your body to keep your immune system strong.  And most of them eat weirdo artificial meat imitations that aren't very healthy either...  You can't fool millions of years of evolution...

Maybe not, but millions of years of evolution did not call for 3 servings of red meat every day, either. Meat was to be had only after a hunt. Most meals were foraged vegetables, fruits, seeds and nuts.

It takes a lot more planning to go completely vegan and maintain a proper health balance. There are lots of health benefits to moving closer to a vegetarian diet though. To cut the amount of meat eaten dramatically, and boost the number of veg servings just takes a few extra minutes in the produce section.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Alex Libman

« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2008, 09:36:59 AM »

Most vegans know to take B12 supplements, but there are other hormones and stuff you only get from animal products.  Eat enough of that soy shit and you'll be quoting Chairman Mao...  :lol:

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2008, 10:20:51 AM »

Most vegans know to take B12 supplements, but there are other hormones and stuff you only get from animal products.

That would be part of the 'more planning' in dropping all animal products. There's also the work to make sure there's adequate protein, and enough calories. Though the raw food movement might be where there's the worry in getting enough calories.

Anyway, millions of people are happy in the middle ground. Less processed and prepackaged foods. More fruits, vegetables and legumes, smaller or fewer servings of meat. It's healthier than the typical American diet, without requiring a lot of study, extra supplements, monitoring and prep.

And, yes. I did just call myself lazy.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Blackie

« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2008, 12:12:40 PM »

It takes a lot more planning to go completely vegan and maintain a proper health balance.
Not really. I've been vegan for 13 years hand have never done that.

jimmed

« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2008, 03:27:31 PM »

It takes a lot more planning to go completely vegan and maintain a proper health balance.
Not really. I've been vegan for 13 years hand have never done that.

Do you take supplements?

Blackie

« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2008, 03:35:36 PM »

Not usually. I get my b-12 from fruit loops.

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2008, 03:44:11 PM »

Are there really no animal products in fruit loops?

Blackie

« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2008, 03:48:49 PM »

Are there really no animal products in fruit loops?
well, i eat a generic version

but http://www2.kelloggs.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?product=566

Ingredients
SUGAR; CORN FLOUR; WHEAT FLOUR; OAT FLOUR; PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL (ONE OR MORE OF: COCONUT, COTTONSEED, AND SOYBEAN); SALT; SODIUM ASCORBATE AND ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C); NIACINAMIDE; REDUCED IRON; NATURAL ORANGE, LEMON, CHERRY, RASPBERRY, BLUEBERRY, LIME, AND OTHER NATURAL FLAVORS; RED #40; BLUE #2; ZINC OXIDE; YELLOW #6; TURMERIC COLOR; PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B6); BLUE #1; RIBOFLAVIN (VITAMIN B2); THIAMIN HYDROCHLORIDE (VITAMIN B1); ANNATTO COLOR; VITAMIN A PALMITATE; BHT (PRESERVATIVE); FOLIC ACID; VITAMIN B12; VITAMIN D.
Allergen Information
CONTAINS WHEAT INGREDIENTS. CORN USED IN THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS TRACES OF SOYBEANS.

Kosher Status
Kosher/Parve

jimmed

« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2008, 03:51:59 PM »

It's certainly not Kosher for Passover.

How do you know that the vitamin B12 isn't animal derived in your generic Froot Loops?

Blackie

« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2008, 03:59:19 PM »

It would be the vitamin D that would be the issue, but I know it isn't from an aminal source because it is Parve

http://jivdaya.org/kosher_parve_certification_what.htm
The answer is, that the word "Parve" (also spelled as "Pareve" or "Parevine") is very functional. It means a guarantee that the food product does not contain any meat or dairy products, and it has not come in contact with either. So it is very useful for all the vegetarians, and vegans.

I like Passover, or right after Passover when the kosher for passover jew candy goes on sale.

jimmed

« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2008, 04:00:48 PM »

OIC.

Those matzo crackers are addictive.

Blackie

« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2008, 04:10:53 PM »

Those things are messy. I don't understand them.

I tried to make a bitter herbs sandwich a couple passovers ago. It uses matzo crackers instead of bread. I couldn't eat it fast enough to be jewish. Those guys are picky.

http://www.aish.com/passinsight/passinsightdefault/Bitter_Herbs--Korech_Sandwich.asp
Take an amount of Marror equivalent to the size of a kezayit. Even though many have the custom of using horseradish, the Talmud nevertheless includes Chasa -- Romaine lettuce - as one vegetable which may be used as Marror.

If Romaine lettuce is used, the leaves should total eight-by-ten inches, or about 25-29 cc. Extreme care should be taken to check the lettuce since frequently there are small bugs in the leaves.

If horseradish is used, it should be compacted into 1.1 fluid ounce -- an amount equivalent to one half of a typical egg.

Horseradish in jars bought from the stores should not be used, since sweeteners are added to make them less bitter. Particularly problematic is "red horseradish" which is actually a mixture of beets and horseradish.

If you use pure horseradish, it should be ground up before Yom Tov begins.

Before making the blessing, the Marror should be dipped into the Charoset, and then shaken off. The Talmud says a bit of Charoset serves as an "antiseptic" to dilute the harsh effects of the Marror. When reciting the blessing, have in mind that the Marror will be eaten in the "Korech sandwich" as well.

You should not lean while eating the Marror.

It must be consumed within two to four minutes of the first swallow.

alkanen

« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2008, 04:14:03 PM »

How do people manage to be Jews and hold a full time job at the same time?  O.o
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Supper

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 37 queries.