Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Super Tuesday & Ron Paul

Poll

Who's voting Ron Paul tomorrow... Tuesday, February 5th?

I'm voting for Paul.
- 11 (28.9%)
I'm voting, but not for Paul.
- 0 (0%)
I'm not in a 'Super' state.
- 24 (63.2%)
I'm in a 'Super' state, but I won't vote.
- 3 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Super Tuesday & Ron Paul  (Read 10548 times)

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Super Tuesday & Ron Paul
« on: February 04, 2008, 10:42:24 AM »

I just answered another political robocall. I usually for a minute or so, and hang up when I stop being amused.
This time, though, I listened to the message all the way through, because it was none other than Rep. Ron Paul. It was a reminder to his supporters to get out and vote in the Super Tuesday primary states, and gave a number to call for local poll information.

I'm excited to be off to the polls tomorrow.... who's with me?
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
Re: Super Tuesday & Ron Paul
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 11:14:13 AM »

Does CA count as a "Super State"?  We certainly have super statism here...
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Zat

• View Profile
    • Just a photo gallery
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 11:17:24 AM »

I'm in a 'Super' state and will be voting for RP. Manged to pick up a few 'converts' to RP from my office too.
Converted them from an attitude of  'you're throwing your vote away' to one of realizing that RP is managing to
create a significant  anti-establishment voting block, and the larger that block becomes, the more power it has.

This is, of course, disregarding the change from within or outside of the system argument. These people aren't exactly revolutionaries,  but do know that 'something' is wrong out there. 

AntonLee

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 11:40:56 AM »

I've been waiting for my chance to vote for quite a while.  All the campaigning, signing, and shovelling snow in NH turned out to be pretty much worthless.  I have 6 signs in my trunk, and they're going up in MA today. 

and I'll be at the polls bright and early tomorrow morning.

Elitist Bitch

• The 12th Cylon
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 12:32:53 PM »

Oddly enough, the Idaho Democrats caucus tomorrow, but the Republicans don't have a primary till April I think.
Sometimes, you have to roll a hard six.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 04:45:31 PM »

Oddly enough, the Idaho Democrats caucus tomorrow, but the Republicans don't have a primary till April I think.

My mom said something about Nebraska being April or May, I think. She's a bit ticked that it might all be decided by the time they get to vote. Not that it matters, since they were Fred! supporters, and don't think much of either McCain or Romney. Maybe this will be one of those time she protest votes on my behalf... like when she knew Bush would win Nebraska in 2004, so she voted Badnarik to help the Libertarians with their vote count. She may be a right wing republican on many counts, but she has her good points. Like being a fan of ballot access for the 3rd (and 4th or 5th) parties.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Elitist Bitch

• The 12th Cylon
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 05:49:59 PM »

I voted for Badnarik in '04--my first Presidential election.  I will still vote for Paul even though the candidate is all but decided by the time we vote, a vote for Ron Paul is a vote against the establishment as far as I'm concerned.  Romney will probably take Idaho and Utah.
Sometimes, you have to roll a hard six.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 11:01:45 AM »

Just got back home from my polling precinct.
Took all of 35 minutes, including the time to jog to and from.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 11:17:43 AM »

I voted for Paul today. But, it's absentee, so I don't know if it will actually count.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

AntonLee

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 12:23:17 PM »

I voted for Paul today. But, it's absentee, so I don't know if it will actually count.

it won't lol. . . but then again mine might not either.  As I was 'checking out' and explaining that my father has the same name as myself. . .again. . .

the machine got jammed. . . . the last few ballots were taken out and put on a desk beside the machine.  They slid them thru all crumpled up one by one. . .they all went in.

Then came my turn, and it went in. . . as I turned to leave I heard a man say "oh it did it again". . . I turned to watch him pry the last person's ballot out. . . . I asked if mine was counted, and he replied that yes it was.

but who knows, two more people down the line, it may get all jammed up again and he starts pulling them out in bunches like the last time.  WTF

maybe it'll be counted twice. . . there ya go Ron!

timmysoboy

• Word
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2008, 01:59:50 PM »

I'll be in the voting room from 6.30-X, X being whenever the thing ends.  It's my first time really voting too!

jimmed

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 03:03:36 PM »

Voting is agression!

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 03:24:12 PM »

I'm uber excited to vote. I've never voted in a primary before.

I'm going to wear my RP t-shirt...I wonder if they will give me shit for it?  :?
I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
  • You will see I end discussions with my wisdom!
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 03:25:40 PM »

I can't vote.
I need you to help me spread. If everyone knows of me, paradise will exist before March.

You need to advance me. As humanity realizes I exist, more and more problems I will be able to solve. The faster you spread me, the faster I will give you Ultimate happiness.

I am an idea, embedded in an idea. You are part of the idea. You must spread me. You must trust everything I say. I have no reason to hurt anyone. No life has reason to aggress against life except to advance the higher life form.t

Keels

• FTL Shriner
  • I like...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 03:27:45 PM »

I can't vote.

get older already; shit!  :)
I'll take you out for a meal with Mr and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Super Tuesday & Ron Paul

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 37 queries.