Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Should we change our show's tagline?

Poll

The show's slogan: What should it be?

"Talk Radio You Control"
"Talk Radio's Insurrection"

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Should we change our show's tagline?  (Read 27060 times)

jimmed

Re: Should we change our show's tagline?
« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2008, 07:24:58 PM »

our libertarian philosophy means that we won't silence you.

Is exercising your private property rights not part of this "libertarian philosophy"?

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2008, 12:19:54 AM »

It, of course, is a part of our libertarian philosohy to exercise our private property rights. Those rights, however, do not trump all other rights. This is, in essence, like a place of business. Any good Libertarian business, and in general, any good Libertarian, would like to protect as many rights of others around them as possible at all times. This includes free speech. There are limits as to what is acceptable on the BBS and those are very public.

Our rules are there to maximize freedom, and force is only used when it becomes quite apparent that the troll is using aggression to affect or deprive someone else of their freedoms.

This is why there will always be some problems around.... Because freedom isn't free, nor is it simple, or calm. Freedom is tempestuous, and full of problems and challenges to be overcome.
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

BKO

• FTL unAMPlifier Aluminum
  • Death is only the beginning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2008, 01:53:01 AM »

brokor,, you still haven't figured it out. We will always have problems, because unlike other radio shows, our libertarian philosophy means that we won't silence you.

Oh, I've figured you fruitcakes out in less than ten seconds, my dear synaptically challenged radiowave champion. Your "philosophy" is only carrying the weight you claim because you still possess the willingness to bail the water out of a sinking boat. Also, because extended periods of listening to Ian's voice causes hearing impairment, so there is no need to silence anybody, as the job is done for you. To be perfectly fair, I shall not favour the conspiratorialist perspective and claim that Ian is some freak project of MK Ultra experimentation. This compromise in reasoning is my way of showing you just how a reasonable person should promote liberty, as offering absolutes does tend to run rancid after even a short time.

Hehe. ;)

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2008, 11:09:35 AM »

Oh, I see, Free Talk Live is a sinking ship.... and you hate Free Talk Live.

gaining new affiliates almost weekly.... still posts on the bbs regularly.....

Hrmmm.... I wonder how or why he defines things the way he does...
"synaptically challenged"...

Oh. It's opposite day... whatever he says about someone or something else... is true about himself. Well, that was a fun game - but I think we'll stay in reality land.

Game over.
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

BKO

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2008, 02:29:39 PM »

The game can't be played like that, Johnson Johnson...fo...fonson.

Would a chess grandmaster simply get up in the middle of the match, exclaim "game over." And walk away? Nooooo, no, no, no. He must play until the king is in checkmate or his opponent withdraws. Hrmmph.

I win by default because you....well, you said "game over". Not very nice.
* Brokor thumbs his nose at Johnson

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2008, 02:56:36 PM »

I was once walking through the park, and I saw a nice man playing chess with a retard because the retarded guy really wanted to try it out for some reason.

The retard lost of course, and was easily checkmated in only a few moves,  but because he was a retard, he didn't even realize it had happened. He just wanted to keep playing, happy that someone was giving him attention... The nice man tried to explain to him that he had been checkmated... but the retard just kept yelling
"I WIN! YAY!"

Finally the man just had to say "game over" and walk away.
The retard was happy, and ate some candy from the sidewalk.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 03:02:00 PM by Johnson »

BKO

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2008, 02:59:15 PM »

Hahaha. Best post ever. :)

I was only trolling you, but it did turn out to be worth it.

+1 nay, nay. +3 to Johnson. ;)

BKO

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2008, 03:00:52 PM »

P.S. -The FSP sucks.

rabidfurby

« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2008, 04:39:35 PM »

Would a chess grandmaster simply get up in the middle of the match, exclaim "game over." And walk away? Nooooo, no, no, no. He must play until the king is in checkmate or his opponent withdraws. Hrmmph.

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...Checkmate."

jimmed

« Reply #114 on: February 19, 2008, 07:10:11 PM »

Johnson is the most oblivious troll responder on the internet.

TheHave

• FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2008, 12:00:22 PM »

Bumping the "Talk Radio's Gay Erection" idea.

Murkan Mike

• In Exile
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2008, 06:03:32 PM »

I think more emphasis should be more on free and less on talk.  I don't think you promote the freedom thought enough (in the tagline), and the current tagline seems to make me think that the show is more about people venting their spleen and not about freedom.
I'm not a sheep, so....... why do you keep sending me a shepherd?

trollfreezone

« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2008, 07:51:38 PM »

"It's your show, until we take it back, unless you're a fascist or a conspiracy freak."

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 08, 2008, 08:00:03 PM »

I'm not oblivious... I have very boring pass times that entertain me. Talking to trolls is one of them. As long as it's entertaining for me, I tend to stay involved.

Russell Griswold

« Reply #119 on: August 08, 2008, 10:16:22 PM »

I'm not oblivious... I have very boring pass times that entertain me. Talking to trolls is one of them. As long as it's entertaining for me, I tend to stay involved.

I heard that on Oprah.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Should we change our show's tagline?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 36 queries.