Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Sexiness of Piercings and Tattoos

Poll

Do you think they are sexy?

Both are sexy.
- 78 (37.7%)
Piercings are sexy, tattoos not.
- 14 (6.8%)
Tattoos are sexy, piercings not.
- 19 (9.2%)
Not sexy at all.
- 96 (46.4%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: Sexiness of Piercings and Tattoos  (Read 58274 times)

Rillion

• View Profile
Re: Sexiness of Piercings and Tattoos
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2007, 03:37:02 PM »

I have absolutely no understanding for people who like tattoo's in and of themselves. People deciding they want a tattoo first, and picking out a design second makes no sense to me at all. It should be the other way around; A given design is so damn important to you that you're wiling to  have it inked into your body.

There are three dimensions to a tattoo: aesthetic, meaning, and placement.  You could have the most meaningful tattoo in the world, but if it's badly done and badly placed then people are going to look at you (and you're going to look at yourself) and think "Gross.  Why did he/she/I do that?"  Nobody goes around with a typed synopsis of the meanings of their tattoos stapled to their shirt, so you have to take into account the "looks cool" factor as well.  There are some ugly, ugly memorial tattoos out there.

I agree with you that people shouldn't put just anything on their body for the sake of having a tattoo, but I also don't think there's anything wrong with having tattoos on varying degrees on the scale between "damn meaningful" and "damn badass looking."  If it's something you're prepared to live with for the duration, then go for it. 

wtfk

« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2007, 05:32:32 PM »

I never show it in public unless wearing a swimsuit, except for one time shopping when I leaned over to look at something and a woman actually pulled up the back of my shirt to get a better look.  One bitch about having tattoos is that people tend to assume that your body is somehow public access.

In addition to the actual art, a tattoo also says "read me."  I would not take it as an invitation to touch, but beware that it's an invitation to look.  The same goes for pendants with clever lettering, low-cut tops and tops with lettering on the chest.  I don't know why women who advertise don't pick up on this.  Just so you know.

In fact, before I married, I was surprised at how many women acted nasty about getting the attention they were obviously advertising to receive.  My quip was usually something like "Maybe you're only advertising to Leo Dicaprio, but he's not here, and he's not interested."

Free_Marketeer

« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2007, 05:44:10 PM »

I never show it in public unless wearing a swimsuit, except for one time shopping when I leaned over to look at something and a woman actually pulled up the back of my shirt to get a better look.  One bitch about having tattoos is that people tend to assume that your body is somehow public access.

In addition to the actual art, a tattoo also says "read me."  I would not take it as an invitation to touch, but beware that it's an invitation to look.  The same goes for pendants with clever lettering, low-cut tops and tops with lettering on the chest.  I don't know why women who advertise don't pick up on this.  Just so you know.

In fact, before I married, I was surprised at how many women acted nasty about getting the attention they were obviously advertising to receive.  My quip was usually something like "Maybe you're only advertising to Leo Dicaprio, but he's not here, and he's not interested."

I agree.  My cousin wears that kind of stuff and then says angrily, "I can't stand it when guys stare at me."  Shit, if I don't want to be looked at, I put on some cargo pants, an angry political t-shirt, and my boat hat -  not a fucking camo-mini and four-inch wedges.

wtfk

« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2007, 06:04:44 PM »

I agree.  My cousin wears that kind of stuff and then says angrily, "I can't stand it when guys stare at me."  Shit, if I don't want to be looked at, I put on some cargo pants, an angry political t-shirt, and my boat hat -  not a fucking camo-mini and four-inch wedges.

:lol:  My wife purposefully dresses down to go out (really, she has to in order to avoid attention. :)  She owned a chain of yoga studios in Taipei until a couple years ago, after she moved here, and did a TV show.)

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2007, 06:20:36 PM »

Oh, I know that well.  Look all you want, but touch and you may well get the slap you deserve.  Just so you know.   :)

Without knowing what exactly you mean by "attention," I can't really comment on that.  There's nothing a woman can do about a guy who stares, but that guy would do well to recognize that it's probably not going to win any points in his favor if he does so incessantly and creepily, and that goes double for any comments he makes.  If you're being a lech to a woman, then generally speaking you're by definition not the guy she's advertising for.   Bear in mind that a woman's attire is not an instigation, but being sleazy to her is. 

wtfk

« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2007, 06:27:39 PM »

Oh, I know that well.  Look all you want, but touch and you may well get the slap you deserve.  Just so you know.   :)

Without knowing what exactly you mean by "attention," I can't really comment on that.  There's nothing a woman can do about a guy who stares, but that guy would do well to recognize that it's probably not going to win any points in his favor if he does so incessantly and creepily, and that goes double for any comments he makes.  If you're being a lech to a woman, then generally speaking you're by definition not the guy she's advertising for.   Bear in mind that a woman's attire is not an instigation, but being sleazy to her is. 

Just to be clear, it didn't mean touching (I thought I was clear about that) and it didn't mean comments.  It also didn't mean "being a lech" or "being sleazy" any more than it meant she was "being a hooker."  The advertising might be confusing, though.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2007, 06:35:25 PM »

What about why they are sexy?   Surely we aren't born liking them, so how does it develop?  Is it anything tangible?  On Loveline they used to say people who are into tattoos and piercings were likely abused as kids...
There's the "tramp target" that girls get on their lower back right above their ass.  It's hot, but it also lets you know that's a girl you could never get more serious than a weekend fling with...

fuck it, -5

jckeyser

« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2007, 06:38:00 PM »

What about why they are sexy?   Surely we aren't born liking them, so how does it develop?  Is it anything tangible?  On Loveline they used to say people who are into tattoos and piercings were likely abused as kids...
There's the "tramp target" that girls get on their lower back right above their ass.  It's hot, but it also lets you know that's a girl you could never get more serious than a weekend fling with...

fuck it, -5

This is like a previous poster, a member of the FTL "creative" team who said he typically see someone with tattoos and assumes "loud mouthed dumb fuck". Its hard responding to people like that on a message board without proving them right. And I don't start fights with people who aren't within arms length.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2007, 06:43:44 PM »

Just to be clear, it didn't mean touching (I thought I was clear about that) and it didn't mean comments.  It also didn't mean "being a lech" or "being sleazy" any more than it meant she was "being a hooker."  The advertising might be confusing, though.

Understood.....it's just that unfortunately, too many men seem to misunderstand exactly what women might be "advertising" for.  Glad to hear you're not one of them.  You are absolutely right that a person-- male or female-- who dresses or is tattooed in a way which draws looks should expect to get looks, and it's silly to throw a fit about that.  I'm a rather private person, and do sometimes wonder how people who are tattooed from head to toe, or covered with piercings, make it through the day. 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 06:46:36 PM by Rillion »

Bill Brasky

« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2007, 06:51:46 PM »

fuck it, -5

This is like a previous poster, a member of the FTL "creative" team who said he typically see someone with tattoos and assumes "loud mouthed dumb fuck". Its hard responding to people like that on a message board without proving them right. And I don't start fights with people who aren't within arms length.

I'm not even gonna bother with that fool this time, JC.  Just showing my disapproval.  

The smacks were just for show, I don't bother with that shit either.  

He thinks like that, it's his loss.  No skin off my back. 

Brent

« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2007, 01:30:42 AM »

I find something immensely sexy about the attitude that causes a woman to modify part of her body to look the way she desires rather than leaving it however it happened to look before.  That being said, while that attitude is attractive to me, I tend to gravitate towards women who not only have that attitude, but also have a taste in expressing it which I find aesthetically pleasing. 

I take umbrage at the idea that it's foolish to decide to get a tattoo first, then decide what.  It depends on what the tattoo is for.  Some people get a tattoo to remind them of some important event or person or idea in their life.  That's fine.  Some people, however simply want to commission a piece of art from an artist.  I think a woman who has the taste to recognize the talent of an excellent tattoo artist and the stones to pay that artist to use some portion of her body as a canvas for creating whatever the artist desires is sexy.  I've seen many tattoos that have obviously been done by a person with real artistic talent.  In some cases, the talent only came through because the artist was allowed to express himself however he wanted.  I think there's something admirable in allowing that to take place. 

Charles

« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2007, 01:36:30 AM »

I don't really find them all that attractive.

dmgov

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Umm.. ohh snoochie boochies..
    • View Profile
    • TheSharkTank
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2007, 02:32:17 AM »

piercings can be very sexy. Tattoos *shrug*
"A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance."
— Hunter S. Thompson

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2007, 02:41:23 AM »

I have a dollar sign tattoo. Tasteful, no frills. Just $ with two lines, all black. About an inch high on my chest, over my heart.

The wife has an Elvish number nine.

I don't do piercings because I have a pathological fear of needles. (The tattoo was horrible enough to go through.)

The wife does earrings, but nothing else pierced. 

I'm not much into either as a fashion statement and I don't find them sexy.

"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Bill Brasky

« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2007, 02:48:08 AM »

I have a booger on my finger, but its not a tattoo.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Sexiness of Piercings and Tattoos

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 37 queries.