Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Sexiness of Piercings and Tattoos

Poll

Do you think they are sexy?

Both are sexy.
- 78 (37.7%)
Piercings are sexy, tattoos not.
- 14 (6.8%)
Tattoos are sexy, piercings not.
- 19 (9.2%)
Not sexy at all.
- 96 (46.4%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: Sexiness of Piercings and Tattoos  (Read 58261 times)

Rillion

• View Profile
Re: Sexiness of Piercings and Tattoos
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2007, 10:26:45 PM »

This is starting to make more sense.   Tattoos and piercings are presumed to be indicators of rebelliousness, which many find sexy.  Unless the tattoos and piercings are instead a result of a desire to fit in, in which case they are not sexy.

Or, for those who are into rough sex, body modification is an indicator of possible similar interests.

Or, you know, they can be indicators of none of the above, but just a private interest to express something about oneself in a particular way, in which case they could be sexy or not sexy according to what kind of people you're actually interested in.  Believe it or not, "conformity" or "non-conformity" is not an accurate summarization. 

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2007, 10:30:23 PM »

Or, you know, they can be indicators of none of the above, but just a private interest to express something about oneself in a particular way

I don't care about what the modified individual's internal reasons are; I'm interested in knowing why some people find it sexy.
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

Richard_III

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2007, 10:32:55 PM »

Or, you know, they can be indicators of none of the above, but just a private interest to express something about oneself in a particular way

I don't care about what the modified individual's internal reasons are; I'm interested in knowing why some people find it sexy.

There is no good answer to that question.

FTL_Ian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2007, 10:45:06 PM »

There was no question there.   :?
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

Travis

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2007, 11:03:20 PM »

Among other things, Tribal status. Fucking a tribal chief likely resulted in a better life. Same reason people are attracted to strength and money.

Evenstar

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2007, 11:04:00 PM »

I agree with Rillion completely about sexiness of either depending on the individual "wearing" them.

I have thought about and planned for YEARS to get two tatoos.  Both would have very significant meaning for me.  Neither has been started or even "commissioned" yet, though.  I'd need to find just the right artist and be sure their art was exactly what I was looking for.

I have my ears pierced.  Each lobe is pierced twice.  I did that because I wear my hair long and with just one hole I couldn't wear tiny studs without them dissappearing in my hair.  With two holes, i can wear a larger "dangly" earring in the bottom hole, a stud in the top hole, and still look very respectable.

I agree Ian in not understanding a lot of the obsession with what I would consider excessive piercings and/or tatoos, though.  Still, I'd be interested to hear the reason behind the choice for each of them, if I were to become acquainted with someone with more than a few.  "Just because" seems to be a very stupid reason for doing something as permanant as either of these.

Richard_III

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2007, 11:07:25 PM »

There was no question there.   :?

What i mean is that they don't know why they like it...they just do.

FTL_Ian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2007, 11:30:56 PM »

Looks like its boiling down to rebelliousness and self expression.  Good traits for people who are a little wilder to seek out. 

I know I prefer those traits, although ink isn't mandatory to fit.  Its like a signal:  "Hey, I'm one, too." 

Yay, yer neat.  Lets go do it. 

Well said.

I certainly understand the various reasons why people get tattoos.  I was just curious as to what people find sexy about them.  Now I know.   8)

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2007, 11:37:38 PM »

I don't really care for either. I admire humans as humans, and consider mutilation for the purpose of decoration a form of desecration. Much to my wife's chagrin, this includes the piercing of ears.

It's just a short jump from that to tongue-splitting and inserting dinner platers into the lips.   :lol:
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

jckeyser

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2007, 11:41:14 PM »

I don't really care for either. I admire humans as humans, and consider mutilation for the purpose of decoration a form of desecration. Much to my wife's chagrin, this includes the piercing of ears.

It's just a short jump from that to tongue-splitting and inserting dinner platers into the lips.   :lol:

Tattoos are more art than desecration.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2007, 11:44:54 PM »

I don't find either sexy.  With that said, I also don't find them unattractive unless they are in excess.  It doesn't really affect me either way, I guess. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2007, 11:50:50 PM »

depends on how many, the type and where they are located. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Soundwave

• Like a station wagon...
  • Administrator
  • Soundwave superior, constructicons inferior.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2007, 12:08:07 AM »

I think that tattoos and/or piercings can be very sexy, depending on what they are, location, quality, and quantity. I don't personally find excessive body modifications to be attractive, but that's just me. Besides the ears, I had my navel pierced and I liked it, but took it out for a few reasons. I've thought about getting a small tattoo for a while, even more so lately. A robot of some sort. I'm still in the thinking process though, I'm not sure what I want the robot to look like, or where exactly I should put it, so I probably won't get one for a while.
Julia

Travis

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2007, 12:09:53 AM »

[img width= height=]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b82/jennicide415/tats001.jpg[/img]

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2007, 12:14:07 AM »

Tattoos carry a STAMP of sexy. They are for the obvious.

Think about it, it is a permanent mark of decoration. One is committing oneself to an act of design or redesign upon one's flesh. Any sort of personal decoration is intertwined with one's sexuality.

To those that like them, they see this act as bold - which it is. It's like they call them on some - "tramp stamps" It is a pretty recognizable and irreversible expression of ones personality, and when visible, WILL cause others to judge one about it immediately, and quite often negatively (which is also probably part of the reason why getting one is seen as "rebellious". http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_poll/index.asp?PID=407

To some, this is something that is GARISH, and unprofessional.

I personally like them only when the piercing or tattoo is not on a person that has a corresponding stereotypical personality.
In fact, when I typically see a tattoo I can usually assume "loudmouthed dumb fuck". (I guess that makes me a statistical part of the Harris poll) The person may be a NICE loudmouthed dumb fuck, but the assumption is usually a fairly safe bet. I like it when a person has a tattoo but breaks that stereotype. Henry Rollins comes to mind. 
Intelligent people with tattoos are cool...

as far as the tattoo being sexy... I think the only reason tattoos are confused with being sexy, is because often they are on exposed skin. If the same skin was exposed, but blank... That would probably be sexy too.

Heh, I just looked at a couple of lists of celebs with tattoos... and I had no idea that some of the hottest female celebrities, IMHO, had tattoos...

Barrymore, Jolie, Gellar (think vampires), Alba, Longoria, Jolie (well, I knew she had one, but could never remember it), Theissen, Witherspoon, Milano, Barry, Anderson, Hudson, Patrick (think nascar), Theron, McGowan, Applegate, Richards...

I bet half of you guys could fill in the first names on this list... Most of these ladies have been on a top10 list of most beautiful women in the US at some point or another.

Some people just need Turlington's.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1550019528

lastly...Ok, that live free tattoo... That's pretty sexy... crazy... but sexy.
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Sexiness of Piercings and Tattoos

// ]]>

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 43 queries.