Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Sexiness of Piercings and Tattoos

Poll

Do you think they are sexy?

Both are sexy.
- 78 (37.7%)
Piercings are sexy, tattoos not.
- 14 (6.8%)
Tattoos are sexy, piercings not.
- 19 (9.2%)
Not sexy at all.
- 96 (46.4%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: Sexiness of Piercings and Tattoos  (Read 58263 times)

Rillion

• View Profile
Re: Sexiness of Piercings and Tattoos
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2007, 09:08:56 PM »

What about why they are sexy?   Surely we aren't born liking them, so how does it develop?  Is it anything tangible?  On Loveline they used to say people who are into tattoos and piercings were likely abused as kids...

Why is anything sexy?  Why are big breasts and big pecs sexy?  Why are round asses sexy?  If we're biologically inclined to think that something is sexy, does that mean we should think so? 

If I recall correctly, the guy on Loveline saying that people into tattoos and piercings were abused as kids was Dr. Drew.  Sorry, but Dr. Drew was a moron in that regard.  Anything abnormal he ascribed to psychosis.  It is manifestly not true that appreciation of tattoos or piercings or even more extreme forms of body modification cannot be attributed to prior abuse. 

If you don't find something sexy, fine.  Just don't try to blame it on childhood abuse or insanity.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2007, 09:09:48 PM »

You may be onto something, though, that puzzle piece guy was probably raped and beaten into submission as a kid.

And your basis for believing this is......what?  I don't know about the Enigma (the "puzzle piece guy"), but that description doesn't apply to the Lizardman in the least. 

jckeyser

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2007, 09:15:10 PM »

You may be onto something, though, that puzzle piece guy was probably raped and beaten into submission as a kid.

And your basis for believing this is......what?  I don't know about the Enigma (the "puzzle piece guy"), but that description doesn't apply to the Lizardman in the least. 

You sound as if you're just trying to pick a fight. I was trying to make the same point as you.
Who the fuck is the lizardman?

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2007, 09:29:03 PM »

You sound as if you're just trying to pick a fight. I was trying to make the same point as you.

You assert that somebody was probably beaten and raped as a child while producing no evidence whatsoever, and I'm  trying to pick a fight for asking what support you have for such a claim?  Sorry, I don't see that you're trying to make the same point as I am. 

The Lizardman (http://www.thelizardman.com/) is a performer who has been tattooed from head to toe with green scales, like the Enigma has been with blue puzzle pieces.  To my knowledge neither was abused as a child, and I'd appreciate seeing some evidence of such before you make such speculations.  Or are you unable to comprehend how insulting it is to claim that somebody has made the life choices they have because of abuse?

jckeyser

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2007, 09:37:02 PM »

You assert that somebody was probably beaten and raped as a child while producing no evidence whatsoever, and I'm  trying to pick a fight for asking what support you have for such a claim?  Sorry, I don't see that you're trying to make the same point as I am. 

The Lizardman (http://www.thelizardman.com/) is a performer who has been tattooed from head to toe with green scales, like the Enigma has been with blue puzzle pieces.  To my knowledge neither was abused as a child, and I'd appreciate seeing some evidence of such before you make such speculations.  Or are you unable to comprehend how insulting it is to claim that somebody has made the life choices they have because of abuse?

I actually didn't make that claim in a serious manner, in fact, I said to the previous poster that it was likely untrue, as i am covered in tats, and I was never abused.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2007, 09:38:24 PM »

I generally don't think they're sexy.  Sometimes they can be alright, but I usually prefer no tattoos and no piercings.  Some ear piercing (not the crazy stuff) and some tattoos can look good though.  I don't like navel piercings and stuff like that because they look weird (and bad) when the metal piece or whatever is taken out.  Also, aging does not usually treat tattoos nicely.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2007, 09:41:22 PM »

I actually didn't make that claim in a serious manner, in fact, I said to the previous poster that it was likely untrue, as i am covered in tats, and I was never abused.

Well, your sarcasm apparently doesn't carry.  Please stop saying things you don't mean. 

jckeyser

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2007, 09:43:36 PM »

I generally don't think they're sexy.  Sometimes they can be alright, but I usually prefer no tattoos and no piercings.  Some ear piercing (not the crazy stuff) and some tattoos can look good though.  I don't like navel piercings and stuff like that because they look weird (and bad) when the metal piece or whatever is taken out.  Also, aging does not usually treat tattoos nicely.

Yeah piercings are cool if they're not these massive things that make your fuckin' ears droop.

jckeyser

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2007, 09:45:37 PM »

Well, your sarcasm apparently doesn't carry.  Please stop saying things you don't mean. 

Um, no?
If you have issues with the assertion, attack the asserter, not me.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2007, 09:51:08 PM »

Um, no?
If you have issues with the assertion, attack the asserter, not me.

Um, hello?  You're the asserter.  Saying "I was just being sarcastic" just means you're wasting my and other people's time, because your statements aren't funny and they're not obviously sarcastic.  So you're the person I'm going to take issue with.  If you don't like being misunderstood, then don't say things you don't mean.

There's an easy, easy way of conveying that you're being sarcastic on this forum-- it's called the smiley.  Use it, or don't bitch about the reactions you receive.  Remember,  nobody here knows the expression on your face when you're posting.  Nobody knows who you really are.  Don't assume that people are stupid or inferior for taking you at your word.   
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 09:54:21 PM by Rillion »

jckeyser

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2007, 09:53:43 PM »

Yeah piercings are cool if they're not these massive things that make your fuckin' ears droop.

Those are funny.  I can't imagine what those guys are gonna look like in fifty years. 

InvictusMc

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2007, 10:13:09 PM »

Personally I find both tatts and piercing sexy because even though it has become mainstream there still is a bit of rebellion associated with that form of modification. I know I'm weird but I look at it as if girl has tattoos and piercings she's not afraid to be barbaric and primitive. As long as she can back up the ink with a good story and reason behind it and not just "all my friends thought it'd be to get when we were down in wildwood".

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2007, 10:16:11 PM »

Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2007, 10:21:53 PM »

This is starting to make more sense.   Tattoos and piercings are presumed to be indicators of rebelliousness, which many find sexy.  Unless the tattoos and piercings are instead a result of a desire to fit in, in which case they are not sexy.

Or, for those who are into rough sex, body modification is an indicator of possible similar interests.

Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

jckeyser

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2007, 10:24:44 PM »

This is starting to make more sense.   Tattoos and piercings are presumed to be indicators of rebelliousness, which many find sexy.  Unless the tattoos and piercings are instead a result of a desire to fit in, in which case they are not sexy.

Or, for those who are into rough sex, body modification is an indicator of possible similar interests.

I'd say thats a decent summation of how it is.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Sexiness of Piercings and Tattoos

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 37 queries.