Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Sabotage the election process?

Poll

Should we?

Yes
- 3 (42.9%)
No
- 4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sabotage the election process?  (Read 1453 times)

Alex Libman 14

Sabotage the election process?
« on: May 12, 2009, 06:41:10 PM »

OK, for electronic voting machines I have a small device that emits a powerful electromagnetic pulse that scrambles many types of storage devices.  It has to be small enough to hide in the booth for later activation by timer, so it ain't exactly cheap, and they could get around this by perpetually offloading the data to an off-site server.  Of course if you're willing to be arrested the device can be bigger, and thus much cheaper to manufacture.

And for paper ballots I have an even better solution - thin transparent chemical strips you just peel off and attach to your ballot - ten minutes later the whole ballot box is on fire.  I'm working on giving it more time, but it ain't easy w/o introducing a recognizable odor, etc.

Best to come in just before the polls close to wipe out as many votes as possible, but not in the last minute so you draw suspicion.  And best to do it with multiple people in multiple polling places.

If you wish the avoid arrest, then practice is needed to handle those devices without leaving your fingerprints / DNA evidence.  They'll have you on the suspect list, because they'll know you voted X minutes before it happened, so how easy it would be to get away with it is anybody's guess.

We have the technology.  We just don't have a resolve.  Because it's probably a very bad idea.  I myself am voting No.  But I'm curious what everyone else thinks.

:twisted:

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
Re: Sabotage the election process?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 06:21:39 PM »

I think it's a very, very good idea.

Too bad I don't vote.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

Alex Libman 14

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 08:31:07 PM »

Well, doing this wouldn't be voting, since your "vote" would be wiped out along with everyone else's.

It would be more like...  anti-voting...  :shock:

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 10:41:37 PM »

I'm not sure what the point would be.

In any case, elections have been done away with in my state (Washington), at least for presidential elections. A couple weeks ago, the governor signed a bill into law that will throw our electoral votes (the only ones that really count) toward whatever candidate the rest of the country picks. So, even if our entire state were to vote for one candidate, the elector votes still can go to someone else.

It's a Democrat scheme. The idea is that if they can get enough states to do this (they have five now, I believe), then they'll never lose another election.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 08:07:45 AM »

I'm not sure what the point would be.

In any case, elections have been done away with in my state (Washington), at least for presidential elections. A couple weeks ago, the governor signed a bill into law that will throw our electoral votes (the only ones that really count) toward whatever candidate the rest of the country picks. So, even if our entire state were to vote for one candidate, the elector votes still can go to someone else.

It's a Democrat scheme. The idea is that if they can get enough states to do this (they have five now, I believe), then they'll never lose another election.
You're joking right?
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Alex Libman 14

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 08:02:45 AM »

The state of Washington...  I wouldn't be surprised. 

Anywho, back to ballot boxes (not) going boom.

BOOOOM!  :roll:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Sabotage the election process?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 36 queries.