Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Religion

Poll

what would you describe yourself as?

Roman Catholic
- 8 (8.2%)
Protestant
- 2 (2%)
Mormon
- 1 (1%)
Episcopal
- 2 (2%)
Some other branch of Christianity
- 10 (10.2%)
Muslim
- 1 (1%)
Agnostic
- 26 (26.5%)
Athiest (fight religion!)
- 18 (18.4%)
Athiest ("go with the flow")
- 16 (16.3%)
Judaism
- 2 (2%)
Any "Pagan" religeon
- 9 (9.2%)
Budhist
- 0 (0%)
Taoist
- 1 (1%)
Hindu
- 0 (0%)
Humanist
- 2 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Religion  (Read 31361 times)

Taors

Re: Religion
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2006, 04:31:47 PM »

Really? Cool.

He always speaks the truth also.

FSP4evr

« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2006, 04:17:09 PM »

I imagine so. Anyway, I'd like to do a Drive-by Paintballing on a religious protest just ONCE before I die. Especially if its those Fucktards from the Westborugh Baptist church who protest at Funerals. Those guys richly deserve to get their asses STOMPED.

Taors

« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2006, 04:18:58 PM »

I imagine so. Anyway, I'd like to do a Drive-by Paintballing on a religious protest just ONCE before I die. Especially if its those Fucktards from the Westborugh Baptist church who protest at Funerals. Those guys richly deserve to get their asses STOMPED.

Drive-by paintballing? We should do drive-by rabid weasel tossing. One rabid weasel can take on AT LEAST 20 protestors.

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2006, 07:35:34 PM »

I can't stand the absolutism inherent in Religion, it's absurd that people take such life and death stands on an idea that they cannot prove to be true or untrue. I tell people I'm an atheist, because it usually stops them from trying to save my soul, or at least scares off the really devout. But truth is, I'm agnostic, because I don't know for certain if there is a deity. I do know he/she/it necer answered any of my childhood prayers, and since I have no evidence either in my own life or through observation, experiment or logical proof, I do not choose to believe. I respect that others do make that choice, though I suspect it has far more to do with how they are raised than anything else, I just wish they'd respect my deciion to not believe. I'm not prepared to make a leap of faith like that. I do however marvel at the wonder of the universe, and I would love to know how it came to be (Big Bang, Big Foam, what was before that, what's beyond it?) and know that no one here has answers for those questions, and the truth may be that there is some higher power or supreme intelligence, hell, the universe may BE god, but no one knows for sure.
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

tones

« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2006, 09:37:26 AM »

I don't disagree with you about the funerals. As for other religious protests or gatherings though, I don't think it's a problem. I think they have the freedom to do so.

I find it curious that on a libertarian website, there's enough hatred for religious freedom to muster a paintballing.  ;-)

Taors

« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2006, 12:42:20 PM »

I don't disagree with you about the funerals. As for other religious protests or gatherings though, I don't think it's a problem. I think they have the freedom to do so.

I find it curious that on a libertarian website, there's enough hatred for religious freedom to muster a paintballing.  ;-)

Nobody said that libertarians are loving people. There's a lot of us with hate in our hearts...deep, deep hatred.

velojym

• Mostly Harmless
  • Existence is Theft!!! *drool*
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 16, 2006, 12:16:44 PM »

These days, a virgin birth is entirely medically possible. A fertilized egg can be artificially implanted in the uterus.

How about 2,006 years ago?

Then again... how many girls have lied about sex? Did they really have a doctor check her hymen or just take her word for it?

Of course, it's possible that a virgin could have given birth even then... Hell, a hollow reed could be used in place of a syringe.
We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.
-Ayn Rand

FSP4evr

« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2007, 04:21:46 AM »

I find it curious that on a libertarian website, there's enough hatred for religious freedom to muster a paintballing.  ;-)

I'm all for religious freedom. After all, I didn't advocate that those funeral protestors go to JAIL. I prefer to deal with such people myself instead of asking Mommy government to do it for me through Laws & guns. In a sense, I'm a Free-Market Retributionist.  :wink:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Religion

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 37 queries.