Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  My cousin is thinking about asking this girl out

Poll

Should he go for it?

He'd be a fool if he didn't
- 22 (57.9%)
Nah, she's ugly and kind of vapid looking
- 2 (5.3%)
Either/or - she looks alright, might make a good girlfriend...but might not
- 14 (36.8%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: My cousin is thinking about asking this girl out  (Read 15714 times)

mike the godless heathen

• your friendly neighborhood atheist
  • life, meh
    • View Profile
    • Blog and what not.
Re: My cousin is thinking about asking this girl out
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2008, 08:48:25 PM »

it is in situations like those described by dave where it sometimes pays to have friends who are gay men.

you can actually talk about the emotional involvement and if you get over heard talking to "the guys" then they can even be a liason between you and the girl.

they have a penis and understand the male desire to "hut that," but at the same time they think like women.
Snake Plissken: Got a smoke?
Malloy: The United States is a non-smoking nation! No smoking, no drugs, no alcohol, no women - unless you're married - no foul language, no red meat!
Snake Plissken: Land of the free.
Facebook
Twitter

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2008, 10:36:40 PM »

Chics do the same sort of thing. Although it seems they prefer to fuck the guy once he's become involved with one of their friends.

Catty, cattty..
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

mike the godless heathen

• your friendly neighborhood atheist
  • life, meh
    • View Profile
    • Blog and what not.
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2008, 02:56:27 AM »

I spent the last seven hours talking to a guy who is 3x divorced, and is now engaged to be married again. 

Never once did we say "hit it". 

Lets not forget I'm an asshole. 

getting married is a slightly larger deal than having a girl friend. 

the phrase "hit it" would refer to prior to moving on into the marriage portion of a relationship.
Snake Plissken: Got a smoke?
Malloy: The United States is a non-smoking nation! No smoking, no drugs, no alcohol, no women - unless you're married - no foul language, no red meat!
Snake Plissken: Land of the free.
Facebook
Twitter

Cyro

• FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2008, 08:26:59 AM »

Hit it and quit it.

But be nice about it.

I'd assume that's a given, coming from me.

I spent the last seven hours talking to a guy who is 3x divorced, and is now engaged to be married again. 

99.9% of guys are assholes to some degree, so that's not really much of qualifier.

It's more of a youth thing, not necessarily "younger generation" - just younger. It's indicative of how young men think. I've got a couple of friends in their late 20's, early 30's range and you can occasionally catch them snickering when we use these type of qualifiers, because to them, it's somewhat juvenile. They've found more eloquent and flattering ways to avoid being seen as "a pussy" in the eyes other other men, or even have the maturity to just no longer consider that a motivation on their actions and speech.

This is one of the few areas in which I differ online to reality. I would never seriously say "I'd hit it" about a real girl I was interested in, maybe because most of my friends are female I've just developed better ways around it. In fact, I generally flippantly dismiss the questioning; "Sure, she's attractive, but I don't know her, man." Generally accompanied, by an offer of drinks and a little anecdote.

I digress; what I'm saying, is that using that little phrase is more indicative of a guys mental maturity and experience than as a genuine "asshole" qualifier. If a girl finds the phrase unpleasant, it probably means she's interested in a higher caliber of guy.

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2008, 12:26:53 PM »

Hit it and quit it.

But be nice about it.

I'd assume that's a given, coming from me.

99.9% of guys are assholes to some degree, so that's not really much of qualifier.

It's more of a youth thing, not necessarily "younger generation" - just younger. It's indicative of how young men think. I've got a couple of friends in their late 20's, early 30's range and you can occasionally catch them snickering when we use these type of qualifiers, because to them, it's somewhat juvenile. They've found more eloquent and flattering ways to avoid being seen as "a pussy" in the eyes other other men, or even have the maturity to just no longer consider that a motivation on their actions and speech.

This is one of the few areas in which I differ online to reality. I would never seriously say "I'd hit it" about a real girl I was interested in, maybe because most of my friends are female I've just developed better ways around it. In fact, I generally flippantly dismiss the questioning; "Sure, she's attractive, but I don't know her, man." Generally accompanied, by an offer of drinks and a little anecdote.

I digress; what I'm saying, is that using that little phrase is more indicative of a guys mental maturity and experience than as a genuine "asshole" qualifier. If a girl finds the phrase unpleasant, it probably means she's interested in a higher caliber of guy.

I think that was a great addition. I did not mention that it was a younger thing and I think you are 100% right.
Pocho

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2008, 08:10:18 AM »

Meh, I ask my male friends specific questions about their thoughts on girls I'm interested ("do you think she's too much of a weeaboo"), not "would you hit it".
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

sinceredagreat

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2008, 01:23:50 PM »

Yes, he does, but that doesn't make me not want to hear your opinions so I can try to help him out. He's a shy bastard. That's all I'm saying. He'll get hurt either way though. That's a part of life.

I'm not sure he should be helped.

Us shy bastards need the occasional counseling; otherwise we'll just be bitter losers.

Ah ha! Now I know how you are getting your master's degree so early!

WallyC33

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2008, 02:38:48 AM »

I think you are doing your cousin a disservice by allowing him to depend on your help and opinions so much. Tell him to stop being such a pathetic loser and just talk to her. Chances are, if he has been in close proximity to her already and has acted shy and aloof with her she probably already thinks he is a social disaster. Also, judging by the pic of her and the pic of him, he doesn't have a chance. He should maybe think of getting some practice on some chubs or slightly ugs first. Just a suggestion.

Taors

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2008, 09:25:02 PM »

Just a suggestion.

I'll take it into consideration.

WallyC33

pete1061

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2009, 05:32:38 AM »

Go for it!!! no matter what, the practice is always good.

Icculi

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2009, 05:39:19 PM »

Spideynw

• Dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2009, 10:05:44 PM »

All I know about her is that her name is Laura, she works at UPS, she's 18, she's single, she's in college, and her Myspace profile hints that she really likes sex.

Another pic for variety:

Thing is, my cousin's shy and has never been too good with the ladies. He's out of school now so I think he's starting to think he has nothing to lose, and is getting over his fears.

Based on the information above, do you think this girl would make a good girlfriend? Not a fuckbuddy, nor a one night stand - a loving, caring girlfriend who will be there for my cousin.

All opinions welcome.

She is 18, of course she would not make a good girlfriend.

kalmia

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2009, 05:02:50 PM »

Why is that?

Spideynw

• Dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2009, 05:09:16 PM »

Why is that?

Good question.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  My cousin is thinking about asking this girl out

// ]]>

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 37 queries.