Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Monday 4/20/09's show

Poll

In the middle of the first hour, I came unglued on a young Christian lad, telling him his religion was silly and contradictory and culminating with telling him that God wants his sister to burn in Hell. Was this the best way to handle this?

No, I think it is best to be kind and persuasive with people that you disagree with, as you did on the Saturday show with the 2 military guys.
- 4 (25%)
Yes, I find this entertaining and I believe that people get the chance to see how stupid their beliefs are when you berate other people who hold the same stupid beliefs.
- 2 (12.5%)
Variety is the spice of live, you should react in different ways to different callers because different people respond differently to differnet stimuli.
- 10 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monday 4/20/09's show  (Read 4825 times)

Rillion

• View Profile
Re: Monday 4/20/09's show
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2009, 11:55:32 AM »

The universe it TOTALLY a matter of opinion based on perception.  For instance, let's look at color. . .

Mark and I perceive our universe differently than you.  You say, "you can't, can't, can't", and for your experience, you are correct.  We say otherwise, and we're equally correct.

I tend to think of the question of the reality of forces in the universe as being more like that of whether jumping out of a plane will kill you than whether an object looks more purple than blue, but your mileage may vary. 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 12:25:25 PM by Rillion »

LordMarius

• The only Norwegian freemarketeer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2009, 12:07:23 PM »

I am looking for a bit of feed back here. Do I need therapy?

You live in a country where the least respected minority, according to surveys, are people who do not believe in any god. You live in a country where a person has to express a belief in a god to be elected. You live in a country where christian fascists are trying as hard as they can to kick science and reason out of the schools. You don't need therapy, these fucking morons need to hear how incredibly ridiculous their dangerous superstitions are. Give'em hell!

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2009, 08:42:22 AM »

Yeah, now I talk about being a Quaker.
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

Richard Garner

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2009, 09:04:47 AM »

If you're really trying to convince someone, I think it's best to be less confrontational.  I think you may have gone a bit overboard on Monday, especially since the guy didn't seem to be too obnoxious and pushy with his beliefs.  That said, it did make for some entertaining radio.  I wouldn't say that this sort of behavior is a problem unless you really can't control it and it negatively impacts your "real" life.

This
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Monday 4/20/09's show

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 37 queries.