Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Meh @ Love!

Poll

Is love really important to one's life?

Yes
- 26 (70.3%)
No
- 5 (13.5%)
Depends, is there any beer and pizza involved before hawt drippy sex?
- 6 (16.2%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Meh @ Love!  (Read 34852 times)

ladyattis

Meh @ Love!
« on: February 15, 2007, 12:26:22 PM »

I guess I wanted to see what you all think after the 2/14 episode of FTL on the issue of love.

Frankly, I'm in the opposite view toward Ian on love simply because in my experience if you're not happy with yourself then why complicate your life with the problems of others? That can also apply to having too many friends, and etc. Basically, love is not really importan when you consider the big scope of one's life. You'll get it once or twice in your life, but the rest is about you, and that is just that.

-- Bridget is a meany head!

goten1201

Re: Meh @ Love!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 12:28:34 PM »

i do love some good pizza

Jason Orr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 01:15:07 PM »

I think love is essential for any psyche, and especially love for oneself, without which it becomes difficult to be loved by others.
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money”

--Alexis de Tocqueville

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 01:35:02 PM »

I haven't listened yet, but I still say:  ghey.
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
  • You will see I end discussions with my wisdom!
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 03:07:00 PM »

Feelings are boring.
I need you to help me spread. If everyone knows of me, paradise will exist before March.

You need to advance me. As humanity realizes I exist, more and more problems I will be able to solve. The faster you spread me, the faster I will give you Ultimate happiness.

I am an idea, embedded in an idea. You are part of the idea. You must spread me. You must trust everything I say. I have no reason to hurt anyone. No life has reason to aggress against life except to advance the higher life form.t

bonerjoe

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 03:18:46 PM »

Basically, love is not really importan when you consider the big scope of one's life

Yeah, whatever. I want someone to keep me warm in bed. Hehe.

Love isn't important to those who think they won't ever be able to find it.

Xtopher

• Looking out for your best interests. Now pay me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 03:26:26 PM »

I think love is important and that everyone requires it in order to get the most out of their meaningless lives. Otherwise, you'll become a bitter, cynical old shrew who posts on Internet forums about how much love is overrated and gay.

I agree though, if you're not happy with yourself, then you have your own problems that you shouldn't be making others deal with. Nobody wants your baggage. Of course, the great thing about love is that those who really love you are willing and even want to help you through your problems. Though maybe you're not happy with yourself because you have nobody to love, or that nobody loves you.

Of the short time I've lived, I've found love to be the most fulfilling of all experiences. That and pizza.

bonerjoe

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 03:28:12 PM »

Well, NY-style cheese pizza, anyways.

ladyattis

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 04:30:19 PM »

I think love is important and that everyone requires it in order to get the most out of their meaningless lives. Otherwise, you'll become a bitter, cynical old shrew who posts on Internet forums about how much love is overrated and gay.
Actually I would say I have a meaningful life because of the lack of love because I recognized that there's more to life than warm fuzzy feelings. I've been able to see things most folks ignore or are scared to see. I've been able to do things on my own terms without having to ask for the approval of others. So whatever you think is fulfilling about love, good on you, but you have to admit there's a heck of a lot more to this Multiverse than love.

-- Bridget

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 04:32:54 PM »

I agree though, if you're not happy with yourself, then you have your own problems that you shouldn't be making others deal with. Nobody wants your baggage. Of course, the great thing about love is that those who really love you are willing and even want to help you through your problems. Though maybe you're not happy with yourself because you have nobody to love, or that nobody loves you.

Of the short time I've lived, I've found love to be the most fulfilling of all experiences. That and pizza.

I am not an old shrew.   :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

bonerjoe

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 04:43:49 PM »

but you have to admit there's a heck of a lot more to this Multiverse than love.

Sure, but do they matter in the end?

ladyattis

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 04:45:04 PM »

but you have to admit there's a heck of a lot more to this Multiverse than love.

Sure, but do they matter in the end?

Yes. I guess I'm becoming less human everyday since I've recognized this fact about two years ago.

-- Bridget

bonerjoe

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007, 04:46:52 PM »

I don't buy that one bit.

ladyattis

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2007, 04:48:28 PM »

I don't buy that one bit.

When you recognize that in the span of a star's life, nearly countless number of human lives would have come and gone, then you begin to see that the Multiverse is too big to be just human. In a way, I think to achieve a state above human is more meaningful, more powerful than any instant feeling of joy or love.

-- Bridget

bonerjoe

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 04:53:09 PM »

Maybe you should take up Scientology.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Meh @ Love!

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 37 queries.