Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Mark is a Nihilist, What are you?

Poll

Mark is a Nihilist, What are you? (Only vote AFTER taking the 36 Question Quiz)

Existentialism
Kantianism
Strong Egoism
Hedonism
Utilitarianism
Justice
Nihilism
Apathy
Divine Command

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Mark is a Nihilist, What are you?  (Read 40429 times)

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

Porcupine_in_MA

Re: Mark is a Nihilist, What are you?
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2006, 10:31:10 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strong_agnosticism

Alright, gotcha but if you follow this strong agnosticism then you don't know if they exist and believe it's impossible for anyone to know. Yet you said "fictional." That would be denying that they can exist at all. That was what I was pointing out. That is an atheist position.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2006, 10:33:56 PM »

Wrong again, I'm merely making the claim that whatever you or anyone else has to say about a deity is fictional. Meaning that you are making it up. I made no claims about whether or not there was a God or not. Merely that if you say something about knowing anything about them, that you are full of shit.  :D
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

Porcupine_in_MA

« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2006, 10:36:03 PM »

Wrong again, I'm merely making the claim that whatever you or anyone else has to say about a deity is fictional. Meaning that you are making it up. I made no claims about whether or not there was a God or not. Merely that if you say something about knowing anything about them, that you are full of shit.  :D

No, sorry, I never made claims about knowing anything about any gods, I just stated the fact about my beliefs and why they don't fit in with the quizzes questions. You made the statement about fictional deity and deities.

Porcupine_in_MA

« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2006, 10:37:12 PM »

Divine command is divine command... whether or not it comes from multiple fictional entities or just one is neither here nor there.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2006, 10:47:33 PM »

Are going to tell me that beliefs don't come from knowledge?

Stating that there is more than one deity is just as much an act of fiction as stating that there is one.

When one makes a statement of belief about whether there is one god, no gods, or many gods, they are perpetrating an act of fiction, becuase they have no idea.

Also, I was reffering to divine command... anyone who makes a claim that they recieved a COMMAND from a dvine entity... again.. Full of shit.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 10:49:19 PM by Johnson »

ILikeMoney

« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2006, 10:48:48 PM »

You Kant always get what you want.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2006, 10:51:25 PM »

wow, earning karma on your first post... my hats off to you sir...

ILikeMoney

« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2006, 10:52:36 PM »

wow, earning karma on your first post... my hats off to you sir...

Astounding.  Thank you for making my night, Johnson.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2006, 11:00:13 PM »

The fact that you made a different account for some reason makes it even funnier. Thank YOU for the joke. (and the vid)

error

• AMP Call-In Line Provider
  • FTL Crew
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • View Profile
    • Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2006, 11:00:56 PM »

But if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need.

ILikeMoney

« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2006, 11:01:13 PM »

I deleted my old one.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2006, 11:03:33 PM »

hahaha and karma for error....

Peppermint Pig

• Libertarian Adept
  • FTL Creative Team
  • This is where the fish lives.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2006, 10:39:40 AM »

You scored as Hedonism.     

Hedonism 75%
Existentialism 70%
Strong Egoism 50%
Justice (Fairness) 50%
Utilitarianism 40%
Kantianism 40%
Nihilism 40%
Apathy 25%
Divine Command 0%
Vigilance towards Liberty, in perpetuity!

ladyattis

« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2006, 11:21:46 AM »

Funny, I'm not an athiest.

It doesn't really bother me, I mean.. of course if you don't want to take it becuase it doesn't cover polytheism... by all means don't take it.

I was just pointing out the folly of the fact that it's just a silly quiz that is in fact written in such a way that your answers could probably still be applicable.

I'd like to see this quiz include other philosophies as well... Like Objectivism, or Pragmatism...

Lemme dig up a few links and I'll post them later.

-- Bridget
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Mark is a Nihilist, What are you?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 37 queries.