Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Mad Men

Poll

(Q1) Did you watch it?  (Q2) How do you rate it?

(Q1)  Saw every episode.
- 9 (16.7%)
(Q1)  Saw most episodes.
- 2 (3.7%)
(Q1)  Saw some episodes.
- 4 (7.4%)
(Q1)  Saw one episode.
- 3 (5.6%)
(Q1)  Didn't see any of it.
- 10 (18.5%)
(Q2)  5 stars
- 7 (13%)
(Q2)  4 stars
- 7 (13%)
(Q2)  3 stars
- 3 (5.6%)
(Q2)  2 stars
- 1 (1.9%)
(Q2)  1 star
- 1 (1.9%)
(Q2)  Don't care.
- 7 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Mad Men  (Read 16508 times)

AL the Inconspicuous

Re: Mad Men
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2009, 09:45:47 AM »

Alex Libman

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2010, 03:47:22 AM »

Stoker

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2010, 10:26:50 AM »

The most notable "new" thing that I noticed in last nights show was the dominance and confidence exuded by Peggy. She was talking to the men on an equal footing ,that is until Don laid down the law after her & Petes debacle with the supermarket "Ham fight" scam that went sour. Something they didn't touch upon was what is happening  with Joanie and Dr. Nobody the Jerk.

A dark horse prediction : Salvadore is brought back, hired into the new company to bolster the flagging Creative/Art department....

And a not so far fetched prediction: Betty's new Beau, the Politico Homewrecker, will throw some weight against Don using his political connections with Rockefeller, whom Don despises as much as Henry - who stole his wife. Henry might even find out about Don's false identity and use that against him. Something that dramatic might be the anchor for a season-ending cliffhanger. How about a dead Henry for a season ender predicament for Don?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 11:08:34 AM by Stoker »

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2010, 02:21:44 PM »

The most notable "new" thing that I noticed in last nights show was the dominance and confidence exuded by Peggy. She was talking to the men on an equal footing ,that is until Don laid down the law after her & Petes debacle with the supermarket "Ham fight" scam that went sour.

Peggy was still talking with Don as colleagues after the Ham Fight debacle. It was a conversation with her boss about something that got out of her control, but it wasn't the old executive / secretary dynamic. Peggy even managed to convey her disapproval with some of his recent business decisions... about the firm's reputation being right where Don left it. 

Secretary Peggy or Jr. Copywriter Peggy would never have called Don on the way he handled the magazine interview, let alone point out that he'd let down every single person in that office. People who were only there because they believed he had the creative talent & drive to make them very successful.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2010, 05:17:59 PM »

Too soapy.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Alex Libman

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2010, 12:37:29 AM »

Alex Libman

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2010, 02:59:41 AM »

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2010, 09:34:22 PM »

Have pot of tea, iron/board, stack o'shirts, and a bottle of starch. All I'm missing is the team from Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce, and then I can wrap up my weekend chores in style.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2010, 11:14:02 AM »

Started Netflixing it a few months ago, and am nearly through the second season. It's one of my favorites!
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Bill Brasky

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2010, 11:31:37 PM »

s04e03 and s04e04 were two of the better episodes in the past ten or so. 

They change writers and directors a lot, per episode.  I wouldn't be surprised to see that these two episodes were written and directed by the people responsible for previous episodes I really liked.

Its nice that they're steering away from the Betty Draper (January Jones) divorce drama.  I think that was dragging it down, but was probably necessary for series development. 

Alex Libman

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2010, 07:03:57 AM »

Oh, yeah, forgot to add my usual [S04E04] linkie thingie, not that anyone really needs it.  I think I was going through an "I must quit 100% non-copyFREE code cold turkey, even ffmpeg / mplayer" phase that Sunday.  :lol:

I enjoy the office part of the show - the work culture, the 1960s atmosphere, the inside look at the movers and shakers on Madison Avenue, the cultural changes you know are coming...  Don's family has gotten boring a long time ago, and that California fling was the low point for me.  Also, where's Bertram Cooper?  I think they just photoshopped him sitting on a couch in the background without any lines, what's up with that?  I probably wouldn't even be watching this show without the Ayn Rand reference in the beginning.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2010, 08:32:47 PM »

Oh, yeah, forgot to add my usual [S04E04] linkie thingie, not that anyone really needs it.  I think I was going through an "I must quit 100% non-copyFREE code cold turkey, even ffmpeg / mplayer" phase that Sunday.  :lol:

Linking through a meta tracker search engine like www.torrentz.com would be much more effective than linking to one small ad infested tracker website.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Bill Brasky

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2010, 01:37:36 AM »

MM s04e05 was fuckin kickass.  I think its 1965, and I like how its ramping up the undertones of the counterculture.  The coup with the Japanese from Honda was brilliant.

Hands down, they should get every award possible for set design and camera work. 

--

Unrelated, Weeds is running again.  Good stuff.  Not nearly as good as Mad Men, but its a fun show.  You have to watch Weeds from the beginning if you want to dig it.  Weeds is totally impossible to begin watching mid-series. 

Alex Libman

« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2010, 09:55:37 AM »

Yeah, [S04E05] was one of the best episodes of any show ever!

Alex Libman

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2010, 05:01:52 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Mad Men

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 37 queries.