Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Lets play 'Karnak.'

Poll

Which of the following options is the most probable future for the United States in the next five decades?

Re-emergence of liberty focused ideas and actions, leading up to a worldwide technological and economic paradigm shift.
- 4 (15.4%)
Continuation of the decline of moral and economical liberties for individuals and groups, leading to a worldwide economic decline.
- 7 (26.9%)
Clash of the 'fates' (Rebellion, Social Decohension, and rapid rise of tyranny in certain locales).
- 7 (26.9%)
A technological singularity.
- 3 (11.5%)
December 12, 2012 ends it anyways.
- 0 (0%)
Alternative explanation(s) I wish to present.
- 5 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Lets play 'Karnak.'  (Read 8326 times)

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Lets play 'Karnak.'
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2008, 11:35:30 PM »

It takes a bit of a logical leap when it claims that "the system" will engineer people directly.
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

blackie

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2008, 11:43:30 PM »

You need to read the first 172 paragraphs.

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2008, 11:57:40 PM »

If you think that machines can somehow possess the same qualities as a human brain, then why is it improbable to think that as with humans if it can attain controlling power that it won't?

That's assuming it will be a singular consciousness alone. Plus, even in the worse case situation such a consciousness will not be all powerful. Smash a few turbines or transformers in key locations across the world and you can black out 2/3's of the world's power grids. It doesn't take lasers or plasma rifles to fuck up a turbine either.

And you haven't given me a real motive as to why such a consciousness would need to attack or lash out. At worse, I believe it will act more like a teenager than a mass murderer (Honestly, I can't say which is worse sometimes...).
I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

BonerJoe

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2008, 12:03:52 AM »

If you think that machines can somehow possess the same qualities as a human brain, then why is it improbable to think that as with humans if it can attain controlling power that it won't?

That's assuming it will be a singular consciousness alone. Plus, even in the worse case situation such a consciousness will not be all powerful. Smash a few turbines or transformers in key locations across the world and you can black out 2/3's of the world's power grids. It doesn't take lasers or plasma rifles to fuck up a turbine either.

And you haven't given me a real motive as to why such a consciousness would need to attack or lash out. At worse, I believe it will act more like a teenager than a mass murderer (Honestly, I can't say which is worse sometimes...).

You are misguided, and I consider anyone working towards such a goal to be initiating force.

Taors

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2008, 12:22:19 AM »

You are misguided, and I consider anyone working towards such a goal to be initiating force.

We need to destroy all the work she's done so far.

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2008, 07:28:47 AM »

No, you're misguided as you want to disrupt the Pattern.
I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2008, 10:08:16 AM »

I predict - Same Shit, Different Day.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 10:09:54 AM »

I predict - Same Shit, Different Day.

Pretty much correct, but I think the shit is going to be shinier with glowing buttons too. :3

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 05:42:36 PM »

Continuation of moral and economical liberties for individuals and groups, leading to a worldwide economic decline.

I don't get this one.  Seems contradictory.  I'm confused.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2008, 07:02:35 PM »

Continuation of moral and economical liberties for individuals and groups, leading to a worldwide economic decline.

I don't get this one.  Seems contradictory.  I'm confused.

Ditto. It's mean to be read as Discontinuation. Or continued decline of. Btw, I can't seem to find any options to edit the damn poll at all like I use to be able to... Fixed.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 07:06:06 PM by Ankara Paravane »

Taors

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008, 07:16:59 PM »

Bridget wants the Singularity to happen so she can make herself a boyfriend.

BonerJoe

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2008, 07:39:05 PM »

She wants it so that she can transplant her brain into a replicated human that has been genetically engineered from scratch to be perfect and has a cunt and tits.

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2008, 07:53:06 PM »

She wants it so that she can transplant her brain into a replicated human that has been genetically engineered from scratch to be perfect and has a cunt and tits.

No...

BonerJoe

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2008, 07:55:47 PM »

No...

Same difference.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2008, 07:57:01 PM »

But that chick got her shit derezzed.

Besides, she never uses her disk.

"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Lets play 'Karnak.'

// ]]>

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 37 queries.