Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Julia Exposed for Ron Paul

Poll

How much would you donate to Ron Paul for Julia topless?

$25
- 14 (53.8%)
$50
- 1 (3.8%)
$100
- 6 (23.1%)
$250
- 1 (3.8%)
$500 or more
- 4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Julia Exposed for Ron Paul  (Read 9159 times)

EclecticBuddha

Re: Julia Exposed for Ron Paul
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2007, 10:32:21 PM »

The electorate hearts condescension...

miamiballoonguy

• Twisted Balloons For All Occasions
  • Have Balloons, Will Travel!
    • View Profile
    • The Miami Balloon Guy's Home Page
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2007, 12:04:12 AM »

You don't know me very well at all... There is no way in HELL I'd ever have a stylist, no matter what. I am extremely comfortable with myself. I dress casually nice, black slacks and polo shirts, and have no problem with that. If that's why people don't vote for me, then it's unlikely they would have anyway. Oh, and when I go door to door, I'm going to wear sneakers, because walking around for a few hours in flats, would hurt. Denis' advice is meaningful to me, because he knows what he is talking about, but until you file for office, and experience some of the painful things I am, Richard, what you say holds little weight.

OOOOOOOHHHHH.....so yer little miss special now, cuz yer running for office (or whatever) and taking Denis' advice which is the same as my advice....WTF?!??!? You don't wanna listen to me, but you wanna listen to Denis, even though we are both saying the same thing?!??!?

Darling, I know about style, OK??? Have you seen my pictures yet??? I know about these things. You should listen to me, and spice yerself up a little bit.

Yer demo is not the skater crowd. You want to look "elegant". Remember this word "elegant"...you will get more votes if you listen to me.

He's right...  The more professional you look, the better your chances...  It's all about image....  Next time you go canvassing, try a little bit of business casual (Except the shoes, everyone needs comfortable shoes when they are walking a lot) and see what happens... 
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2007, 09:28:20 AM »

It's all about image
That's right.
And in New Hampshire, the "image" needs to be "a neighbor that I identify with as not too different from myself"
If the "image" is "professional politician", your chances are slim indeed.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2007, 09:41:09 AM »

It's all about image
That's right.
And in New Hampshire, the "image" needs to be "a neighbor that I identify with as not too different from myself"

Since Julia is young, and running in a college town, I don't think there is anything inappropriate about the way she's dressed. To the younger voters, she'll come across as being a slightly more serious version of themselves. To the older voters, her appearance is going to make them think "what a nice young woman".

If she were to throw on a skirt & flats, or a suit, Julia's interactions with others would shift slightly. The people she talked with would sense that she was "in costume", and that just screams "POLITICIAN".

Worst case now is that they either disagree with her, or think her too inexperienced for the job, but remember her as being sincere next time around.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Soundwave

• Like a station wagon...
  • Administrator
  • Soundwave superior, constructicons inferior.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2007, 09:48:58 AM »

It's all about image
That's right.

That's exactly what I'm trying to do. The political junkies aren't going to vote for me anyway, they are not the voters I'm trying to win over. I'm trying to look like EXACTLY what Denis is describing and I'm getting a positive response. Keene is a young town, run by old politicians, who don't want it to ever change. Keene NEEDS fresh young faces and change in city government, and there are plenty of people that feel this way. The question is, can I motivate enough people to get out and vote for me. There are certainly enough of them out there, but will they actually take the time to vote; if I can, they will certainly outnumber the 400 that usually vote in my ward.

Richard, it's nothing personal, it's just that he actually has a lot of experience in local politics, and you don't, and he's not saying the same thing as you. Yes, I've seen that one picture you post over and over again, and all I see is a shirtless dude with black pants. Special? No, didn't say that, don't think it.  BTW, I don't think you know what a skater looks like.
Julia

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2007, 09:55:21 AM »

He's right...  The more professional you look, the better your chances...  It's all about image.... 

Say's the guy who lives in a balloon :P

Joy Exposed for Ron Paul!!!

miamiballoonguy

• Twisted Balloons For All Occasions
  • Have Balloons, Will Travel!
    • View Profile
    • The Miami Balloon Guy's Home Page
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2007, 11:52:07 AM »

He's right...  The more professional you look, the better your chances...  It's all about image.... 

Say's the guy who lives in a balloon :P

Joy Exposed for Ron Paul!!!

I know, right? :mrgreen:
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2007, 03:35:29 PM »

I can settle this. 

EVERYBODY EXPOSED FOR WHATEVER REASON THEY WANT TO BE! 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

oatmealicious

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2007, 03:42:26 PM »

Hi. I like to make my text size so small just to piss people off.

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2007, 03:51:44 PM »

I can settle this. 

EVERYBODY EXPOSED FOR WHATEVER REASON THEY WANT TO BE! 

You first.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2007, 03:53:30 PM »

Hi. I like to make my text size so small just to piss people off.

Hai Jay!   :P
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

AbsurdParadox

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2007, 01:10:55 AM »

I never thought a thread about seeing Julia's boobies would turn into a thread about what she should wear while campaigning, but hey, whatever.

I'm not saying this applies to Julia, but as a web developer, and someone who believes professionalism is an attitude, not a dress code, I like to convey a bit more of a casual look at client meetings. An example is something like business casual shoes, some comfortable loose khaki's, and an untucked in shortsleeve buttoned up shirt with an interesting design on it. I think it says to older people something like "hey, I'm young and hip, I know what to do for your site" and for people more my age (mid-20's), it says something more like "hey, I'm not a basement coder wearing jeans, a tshirt and sandals, but not a 'professional' douche-bag either"

For what its worth :-P
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Julia Exposed for Ron Paul

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 36 queries.