Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  John Shaw posting people's personal information as social ostracism.

Poll

Well?

John was wrong to do it and I'm afraid of retribution from him.
- 2 (5.3%)
John was wrong to do it but I'm not afraid of retribution.
- 9 (23.7%)
John Didn't do anything wrong, he's making his own market solution to the problem of moderation in an unmoderated forum.
- 8 (21.1%)
What John did wasn't wrong, but it isn't what I would have done.
- 9 (23.7%)
John Shaw fucking rocks.
- 3 (7.9%)
ENJOY!!!!
- 7 (18.4%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: John Shaw posting people's personal information as social ostracism.  (Read 14973 times)

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions

Remember who has the balls to call criticism onto himself.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Porcupine_in_MA

Okay...why isn't "Enjoy!" an option? I'm not voting in your little self-abusive poll until it is!

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Okay...why isn't "Enjoy!" an option? I'm not voting in your little self-abusive poll until it is!

Oh snap. Fixed.

Porcupine_in_MA

Damn right!

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Damn right!

And they say I intimidate people.

Porcupine_in_MA

*Touches Shaw inappropriately, turning him into a fag*

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile

Remember who has the balls to call criticism onto himself.

apparently that would be me when being critical of minorities.

the word "afraid" doesnt really apply. i would vote the first option if it said something along the lines of "shaw was wrong and i suspect i will be next because i said so, and i would prefer he refrain from doing so."
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

There it is! Naw, that's just being:

RACIST.

AntonLee

I voted that I didn't think it was right for John Shaw to post it, and I'm not afraid of retribution.

I also would like to state that while I personally don't feel it's morally right to post anyone's personal information in a bbs, I can see no true harm done to the person.  You don't really have the right to privacy on the internet.  Those beautiful things that allow people to download music, movies, books, and explore to their hearts content is also a boon when it comes to certain other things.  This for That, and privacy on the internet shouldn't be expected at any time.

John had the right to do what he did, and god knows I've looked up information on people in my life. . . I've never posted it, but used it for my own personal stash in case I ever did need to out these people.  I never did need that opportunity.  My hesitation then mirrors the reason I disagree now.  I've read the posts for a while.  I've put my stupid silly little comments in because the whole internet fight is a little ridiculous in the first place. 

If this were the real world, would you pass a law to stop this from happening?  Some of the things I've heard in this forum disturb me. . . is it not nice to post info, sure. . . .do people deserve to be excommunicated for doing so?  Fuck no.

Of course, I'd much prefer my information stay where it is. . . . and not posted on an internet bbs.  I understand that it's there. . . and honestly. . . I've not really got a lot to hide. . . I've exposed everything I would at an AA meeting.  My phone number is listed.  I have at least 20 e-mail addresses.  My parents have cell phones and never turn them on (much to a worried son's shagrin). . . I haven't done anything in my life that I wasn't man enough to stand up and say I did.  If someone wants to post my shit, go right the fuck ahead. . . . but the only thing I'll be upset about is the fact that another person wanted to waste enough time to do so.

Why can't this whole thing just die out, like all the other internet bbs unwritten rules and regulations.  The posting of personal information is not a regular occurance, and if you fear your information being put out perhaps you not interact with those who are more likely to post it.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

The posting of personal information is not a regular occurance, and if you fear your information being put out perhaps you not interact antagonize with those who are more likely to post it.

Fixed that. if he hadn't done what he done, I wouldn't have done what I did. But I understand your vote choice. That's why I made it available in the poll.

AntonLee

Re: John Shaw posting people's personal information as social ostracism.
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 03:00:52 AM »

I stated my fucking opinion, you've been stating yours for hours.   In case you can't fucking read, I thought that posting the information isn't right.

I'm not acting like Mr. Macho, and the only bullshit here is the fact that you're still whining like a bitch.

shows a lack of class does not equal being banned.   In the real world, not the bbsland, you would do what exactly to someone who posted personal information?  Jailtime?  Deport them?  What do you want?  Do you want BLOOOOOODD?  Firing Squad?  Torture Rack? 

AntonLee

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2008, 03:11:38 AM »

I think I missed it can you explain it to me again?

AntonLee

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 03:24:16 AM »

Don't call it harassment.  If you want to call something harassment, look at the back and forth between both Shaw and NHA10. . . to me, equal and opposite harassment nullfies it out.

Since when are you the advocate for the 'the little guy'. . .those newcomers who are so afraid of Shaw posting their information.  Where are these people?  Are they even too scared to click the radio button for the option of "It was WRONG and I'M AFRAID". . . . are they even too scared to lie and say they're NOT afraid?  Yes I know it's 3:15am est.

Perhaps you stop sacrificing whatever libertarian principles you might have and realize that your case has been stated in full and thensome.  Your opinion has been noted and so has mine.  I do find it amusing that the first person to attack my thoughts and opinions in this BBS was you Richard III. . . . yet now you're the light of salvation in a world of such evil harassing people.  You'll take the newcomers under your wing and walk them to the promised land. 

I have to. . .

Enjoy.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 04:27:09 AM »

There it is! Naw, that's just being:

RACIST.

Jesus dude, there are at least millions and millions of racists in America.  Get over it already.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008, 07:19:53 AM »

Who cares?  Why are you guys making such a huge deal out of what he did?  NHAT probably doesn't even care, because in reality - he's not being affected.  Nobody from this BBS is going to come to his house and beat the fuck out of him because John Shaw saved them a step in acquiring his information.  Jesus shit, man.  Lay off, Richard - your crusade is pointless. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  John Shaw posting people's personal information as social ostracism.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 37 queries.