Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Is the Government monitoring this board?

Poll

Do you think the Government monitors this board?

No
- 15 (21.1%)
Randomly
- 10 (14.1%)
Periodically
- 19 (26.8%)
Regularly
- 27 (38%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the Government monitoring this board?  (Read 25837 times)

Taors

Re: Is the Government monitoring this board?
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2006, 10:57:05 AM »

Okay, you guys build things.  I'll stand on top of a hill and point to things.  As long as I get to paint something. 

Wtf dewdette?

I like building things, but I'm not so good at it.  Painting things I can do.  You guys were talking about building things. 

We were talking about playing video games...DUH! 8)

Smitty507

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2006, 11:24:39 AM »

If this is the stuff the government reads I dont think they're too scared of us.

Brian Wolf

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2006, 12:26:37 PM »

If this is the stuff the government reads I dont think they're too scared of us.

If the government is reading this, we challenge  you to moral combat... in Quake Wars.

Brent

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2006, 01:06:16 PM »

Dear Alberto Gonzales,

If you're reading this, eat shit and die.

Love,
Brent

Johnny_

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2006, 01:21:16 PM »

If they have any sort of secret program that scans the web for dissenting content (I think they were planning to do this at some point, which means the secret areas of gov't already are doing it), I'm sure FTL BBS pops up a lot and they go and investigate it, but other than that, probably not too much.  There's TONS of anti-government, anti-Bush stuff out there.  We're a trickle in a flood as far as web content goes.

In all honesty, they probably don't read the board too much.  Most threads start out with half a dozen good posts and quickly spiral into discussion of anal sex or video games.

Taors

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2006, 02:36:57 PM »

In all honesty, they probably don't read the board too much.  Most threads start out with half a dozen good posts and quickly spiral into discussion of anal sex or video games.

The two best subjects on earth...

Smitty507

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2006, 02:47:13 PM »

With thread topics like "Why I Hate Cops," and the thread entitled "Tough Question," I think this board may be a little more threatening than others.  Furthermore the people on this board actually do stuff, unlike many other boards which is just idle talk.

Maybe Im flattering myself, I dont know.

Taors

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2006, 03:10:44 PM »

With thread topics like "Why I Hate Cops," and the thread entitled "Tough Question," I think this board may be a little more threatening than others.  Furthermore the people on this board actually do stuff, unlike many other boards which is just idle talk.

We also seem to speak a lot of revolution.

Johnny_

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2006, 04:26:00 PM »

Well think of it this way: What sort of useful information would the government gleen from this message board?  Secret terrorist meeting times?  The fact that Joe F. Nobody hates the government?

As with the rest of you, I have no idea what level of presence they have here, if any at all.  But given the amount of anti-US stuff on the web, I would think they would have a better use for their time.  And if they *are* monitoring this board, that's just sad.

Taors

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2006, 04:27:14 PM »

Bureucrats are inefficient...

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2006, 04:36:20 PM »

As with the rest of you, I have no idea what level of presence they have here, if any at all.  But given the amount of anti-US stuff on the web, I would think they would have a better use for their time.  And if they *are* monitoring this board, that's just sad.

They've admitted in open court to regularly monitoring another domain that is also owned by Ian.  I think they probably keep an eye on all the forums with a significant amount of FSP traffic and have for years now.

Johnny_

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2006, 04:39:50 PM »

They've admitted in open court to regularly monitoring another domain that is also owned by Ian.  I think they probably keep an eye on all the forums with a significant amount of FSP traffic and have for years now.

I've heard about the NHFree.com monitoring thing but I don't know much about it.  I assumed it was because NHFree.com actively promotes certain activities (UN flag burning, etc) that could be seen through some crazy government spin machine as being terrorist meetings.  Do you have any info on the NHFree.com monitoring thing?

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2006, 04:51:50 PM »

Just that they said in court that they knew where Russell would be because they monitor NHFree and someone else said that one of the agents told him that sometimes he really wishes he could post.  If you want to know more go over there and read the Civil Disobedience section.  You'll find lots of the same people and some redundant posts and articles.  It would be silly to monitor one and not the other.  FTL has a much larger audience and speaks a lot more about violence against cops and such.  They try to keep it non-violent over there.

AlexLibman

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2006, 04:54:24 PM »

I voted "Randomly" - we're still small fish for now, and if they just want to infiltrate the FSP they can monitor NH Free and other boards that are closer.  "Periodically", maybe.  Anyone who voted "Regularly" is paranoid, which of course is much better than the poor naive souls that voted "No".

Bureucrats are inefficient...

Famous last words...  It doesn't take a lot of brains to run a horrible police state.  All it takes is a productive but dumbed down tax-paying public, and that's where America is #1!

Well think of it this way: What sort of useful information would the government gleen from this message board?  Secret terrorist meeting times?  The fact that Joe F. Nobody hates the government?

That's Mr. Joe F. Nobody to you, punk!

Okay, you guys build things.  I'll stand on top of a hill and point to things.  As long as I get to paint something.

I'll hire us some starving Russian engineering students to design the damn things, as for the manufacturing...  Hey, anyone here speak good technical Chinese?

Shhh!  That's our best defense mechanism - security through juvenile obscurity!

American McGee's Alice was fun. ^.^

Bridget...  I think that...  I'm falling.... in love... with you...   :P
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 05:12:17 PM by AlexLibman »

Johnny_

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2006, 05:03:26 PM »

Well, if I get selected for special searches when I do some holiday flying, I'll know that this board is watched

^^ hint hint govt workers who might be reading
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Is the Government monitoring this board?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 38 queries.