Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Ian is fracking nuts!

Poll

How nuts is he?

He's so nutty the nut shop has several varieties of Ian-nuts.
- 4 (9.3%)
He's so nutty that squirrels are tailing him and plotting his doom.
- 9 (20.9%)
He's not nutty, just fucking retarded.
- 8 (18.6%)
We're all nutty in our own way.
- 18 (41.9%)
Ian who?
- 4 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Ian is fracking nuts!  (Read 9536 times)

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
Re: Ian is fracking nuts!
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2008, 10:51:23 PM »

Does he ever talk about anything other than freedom or radio related topics? Heh.

Probably not.  I think we're all very passionate about what we believe in, but when it gets to the point where you can't sustain a conversation without bringing that shit up, you've gone off the deep end.  And that's with any subject. 

Yeah, but it seems like everyone has a subject like that. It just differs from person to person. POKEMANS LET ME SHO U MY POKEMANZ DO U LIEK POKEMANS
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008, 02:21:24 PM »

I also agree with this.  Ian has gone even more extreme since the move to NH (in my opinion).  I think this is because he surrounds himself with and immerses himself in FSP culture.

Wrong.

The majority of FSPers think the "Keene Krowd" are both (a) unhinged and (b) not helping the FSP much, by how they portray us.

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2008, 05:08:47 PM »

Another example of Ian's hyperbole:

Just listened to the 5 July podcast - at one point Ian says  Japanese Americans were put in concentration camps during WW2.

The life expectancy in a concentration camp was about 9 months - even less in extermination camps.

I honestly don't know what the death rate in American internment camps was, but the wiki page on the subject seems mostly focused on the loss of property by people who had to leave suddenly. I'd expect some prominence to 'causalty' figures if they differed much from the outside world.

I think I might keep a running thread of the more outrageous (and wrong) utterances on the show.

Soundwave

• Like a station wagon...
  • Administrator
  • Soundwave superior, constructicons inferior.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2008, 07:29:48 PM »

Does he ever talk about anything other than freedom or radio related topics? Heh.

In all honesty, Ian does have interest in and talks about other subjects all the time. I will say though that I do enjoy hanging out with my non-liberty friends to get away from all the FSP folk. Not that they aren't nice (most of them anyway) and not that this applies to everyone, but I do get sick of hearing the same libertarian conversations over and over again. I mean, I love liberty, but you have to balance that shit out. Ian doesn't interact with non-liberty people as often as I do; that would drive me nuts. 
Julia

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2008, 08:18:49 PM »

In all honesty, Ian does have interest in and talks about other subjects all the time. I will say though that I do enjoy hanging out with my non-liberty friends to get away from all the FSP folk. Not that they aren't nice (most of them anyway) and not that this applies to everyone, but I do get sick of hearing the same libertarian conversations over and over again. I mean, I love liberty, but you have to balance that shit out. Ian doesn't interact with non-liberty people as often as I do; that would drive me nuts. 

I was wondering about that. I met some people recently in the flesh, (No one who posts on the BBS) and the conversation started repeating after an hour or so. I can't imagine how repetitive it could get after a while.

Julia has BALLS OF STEEL.  :P

Seriously though, I made that old thread pigeonholing libertarian stereotypes after years of experience.

http://bbs.freetalklive.com/index.php?topic=23439.0

I can only guess what being around that even, say, 4/5 (As opposed to 24/7) would do to me.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 08:23:07 PM by John Shaw »
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

KDus

• Democracy=fraud
  • Money
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2008, 09:22:18 PM »

If T.Jefferson, S.Adams, or J. Hancock,,,....had a regular podcast, they might sound extreem and too radical from time to time. Maybe Jefferson could get Franklin or John Adams to be the small government co-host?
Liberate America!

JWI

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2008, 09:24:16 PM »

If T.Jefferson, S.Adams, or J. Hancock,,,....had a regular podcast, they might sound extreem and too radical from time to time. Maybe Jefferson could get Franklin or John Adams to be the small government co-host?

Who would drop an F-bomb first?

BonerJoe

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2008, 09:26:48 PM »

The nigger wiping T. Jefferson's butthole.

JWI

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2008, 09:27:26 PM »

The nigger wiping T. Jefferson's butthole.

Oh he'd be on the show too?

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2008, 09:31:33 PM »

It's not the "Extreme" or "Radical" that is the problem.

It is the "Repetitious" and the "Never ending"
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2008, 11:30:26 PM »

Ugh, i would like to hang out with 'Liberty People' and just NOT talk about it. That would be nice. Ya know, to not HAVE to. Of course, for now, I'm in California, and I don't talk to anyone. I'm all sort of getting cabin fever up in here... but I also have no desire to mingle in the Irish pub across the street either.
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2008, 05:08:16 PM »

24 July Show

Pretty sure Ian just implied that force is not an appropriate response to fraud.

BonerJoe

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2008, 05:44:16 PM »

Pretty sure Ian just implied that force is not an appropriate response to fraud.

That's what he gets from hanging around the Russell Kanning cult.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2008, 04:32:21 PM »

Another example of Ian's hyperbole:

Just listened to the 5 July podcast - at one point Ian says  Japanese Americans were put in concentration camps during WW2.

The life expectancy in a concentration camp was about 9 months - even less in extermination camps.

I honestly don't know what the death rate in American internment camps was, but the wiki page on the subject seems mostly focused on the loss of property by people who had to leave suddenly. I'd expect some prominence to 'causalty' figures if they differed much from the outside world.

I think I might keep a running thread of the more outrageous (and wrong) utterances on the show.

If the war were going badly for the Americans, and it looked as though America was going to lose, things probably would have gotten pretty bad for those in the interment camps. "Interment camp" is a euphemism for concentration camp. These places were prisons. The crime was being of the wrong ethnic race.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

gibson042

• Non-Aggression Principal since 2006
    • View Profile
    • gibson.mp
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2008, 04:43:06 PM »

I'm in California, and I don't talk to anyone. I'm all sort of getting cabin fever up in here...

Explaining why you went off the deep end with those iGoogle changes.  Did you ever get that resolved, by the way?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 04:45:06 PM by gibson042 »
"WOOOOOP  WOOOOOP  WOOOOP EH EH EH EH HHHEEEOOOO HEEEOOOOO" —Rillion
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Ian is fracking nuts!

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 38 queries.