Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  How much would you donate to a welfare-style charity, if you weren't taxed?

Poll

How much would you donate to a welfare-style charity, if you weren't taxed, on a monthly basis?

0%
- 7 (17.1%)
<1 - 2%
- 5 (12.2%)
3  -5%
- 9 (22%)
5 - 10%
- 10 (24.4%)
10 - 15%
- 7 (17.1%)
15 - 20%
- 1 (2.4%)
20%+
- 2 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: How much would you donate to a welfare-style charity, if you weren't taxed?  (Read 13009 times)

AbsurdParadox

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile

Really think about it. Lets say you make a $1000 paycheck... after taxes, $700. All of a sudden, you get your $300 back. You think you might give $5 a month to a local bum-helpin' charity? Maybe even $20?

money dollars

Why the fuck would I help a bum?

Why can't the dude work?
I can hire him....but give him money....fuck that....and fuck you!

AbsurdParadox

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile

Fuck I'm sick of the moronic trolls around here.

money dollars

Do you know what a bum is, asshole?

oh, and to answer your question.....$0.00
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 04:14:33 AM by money dollars »

AbsurdParadox

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile

I am well acquainted with your mother.

money dollars

whever

AbsurdParadox

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile

whever

I accept your admittance of defeat. Fair played.

money dollars

whever.

AbsurdParadox

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile

money dollars

whever.

money dollars

P.S.   Whever = you are a stupid asshole that doesn't know anything.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 04:31:13 AM by money dollars »

Zhwazi

• Recovering Ex-Anarchocapitalist
    • View Profile
    • Ana.rchist.net

I'd pay according to net income. If I make $2000 a month and my necessary expenses (rent, bills, basic food, etc) are $1800 a month, I'd calculate a tithe at $20, not $200. If my expenses were $1000, I'd give $100.

The "Deserving Poor" test: Offer them $20 to wash your car. If they refuse, they don't deserve the money.

Travis

This is too complex an issue. Every answer should be "It depends..."

I'll tell you that now I spend the majority of my time (that I could be earning lots of money) taking care of autistic children and that if I had more money it would most-likely go to helping families of autistic children or to research into autism.

Other people would have more desire to give money to battered women and their children. And others would be likely to give to war veterans. And others would be likely to give to the elderly infirmed.

I doubt you would see many generalized welfare charities. People need help for different reasons and different charities will be specialized in who and how they help.

phantomofroute66

Private charities would screen out parasites.  Government has incentive to include them.  Most of the 30% the government steals from you is wasted.  A small fraction of that would do more good in a private scenario.  Seriously, giving 5% of your income would do more real good than what is taken from you now.  All of the bureaucrats whose existence is supported by stolen taxes would have to go out and get a real job producing something.

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg

I'd pay according to net income. If I make $2000 a month and my necessary expenses (rent, bills, basic food, etc) are $1800 a month, I'd calculate a tithe at $20, not $200. If my expenses were $1000, I'd give $100.

The "Deserving Poor" test: Offer them $20 to wash your car. If they refuse, they don't deserve the money.

Dude, I'd wash your car for $20. You'd have to be moderately well off or really fucking lazy to refuse. Try $5.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  How much would you donate to a welfare-style charity, if you weren't taxed?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 36 queries.