Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  How much TV do you watch in a day?

Poll

How much TV do you watch in a day?

0-1 hr/day
- 36 (72%)
1-2 hr/day
- 7 (14%)
2-3 hr/day
- 3 (6%)
3-4 hr/day
- 1 (2%)
4-5 hr/day
- 0 (0%)
5-8 hr/day
- 1 (2%)
8+ hr/day
- 2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: How much TV do you watch in a day?  (Read 8064 times)

bakerbaker

Re: How much TV do you watch in a day?
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2008, 02:11:33 PM »

I stopped watching the "idiot box" three years ago. Its amazing how ridiculus tv becomes even after three months of not watching it. Think about this, you sit in front of a screen full of people being paid to pretend to have a life instead of going out and enjoying your own.

I believe that's called "acting."  And yes, it's terrible. Films, plays, puppet shows, various forms of dance, story-telling.....all worthless!

On basic cable?  yeah.  Most of it is.

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2008, 02:12:29 PM »

I stopped watching the "idiot box" three years ago. Its amazing how ridiculus tv becomes even after three months of not watching it. Think about this, you sit in front of a screen full of people being paid to pretend to have a life instead of going out and enjoying your own.

I believe that's called "acting."  And yes, it's terrible. Films, plays, puppet shows, various forms of dance, story-telling.....all worthless!

Chill out, that's not what he is saying.
Pocho

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2008, 03:16:04 PM »

Chill out, that's not what he is saying.

I know.  I just had to show the implications.   :)

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2008, 09:12:34 PM »

Almost none at all. I actually try my damnedest to ignore whatever my parents are watching when I happen to be in the same room with the TV.
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

Taors

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2008, 10:58:04 PM »

Fringe is a scifi show based on magic. It blows.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Fringe does suck though. Also, you can add The Simpsons to my list of regularly watched shows.

slayerboy

• Untitled
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2008, 02:44:51 AM »

I hardly consider a majority of what is out there on tv and in movies to be acting by any stretch of imagination.  40's,50's and 60's movies, that's acting.

sinceredagreat

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2008, 04:54:04 AM »

I hardly consider a majority of what is out there on tv and in movies to be acting by any stretch of imagination.  40's,50's and 60's movies, that's acting.

That wasn't acting The real acting was back in the Shakespeare days when women were played by men...now that's real acting.

Taors

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2008, 10:24:35 PM »

Add Star Trek: The Next Generation to my list.

ox

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2008, 11:31:56 PM »

Almost none.  Quit paying for cable when it clicked that my subscription helped pay for the slavery propaganda.  When my rabbit ears don't work next spring I guess I'll miss the local round-table newsy type show on the PBS channel but that's it.

Taors

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2008, 11:33:50 PM »

Losht in Shpace.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2008, 07:47:38 AM »

Almost none.  Quit paying for cable when it clicked that my subscription helped pay for the slavery propaganda.  When my rabbit ears don't work next spring I guess I'll miss the local round-table newsy type show on the PBS channel but that's it.
You'll just need to get an OTA HD adapter and you'll be able to recieve HD over the air for free.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

castle_ahh

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2008, 12:37:38 AM »

i dont watch tv, but i do use the internet to watch some tv shows, like star trek: tos and the simpson,family guy futurama, etc.

but even then, its not very much.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2008, 11:22:16 AM »

I went with 1-2 hours per day.  I also frequently keep my TV on while I'm doing other stuff like cooking or cleaning and not actually watching it or paying attention, so I don't count that.

Russell Griswold

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2008, 11:26:22 AM »

I went with 1-2 hours per day.  I also frequently keep my TV on while I'm doing other stuff like cooking or cleaning and not actually watching it or paying attention, so I don't count that.

I do the same with streaming radio. It's fun to get tunes blasting throughout the whole house.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2008, 11:30:11 AM »

I don't have a TV or cable.  I use my landlords TV to play videogames sometimes, much more fun.  Sometimes I see funny TV clips on Digg.com, though.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  How much TV do you watch in a day?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 37 queries.