Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  How much TV do you watch in a day?

Poll

How much TV do you watch in a day?

0-1 hr/day
- 36 (72%)
1-2 hr/day
- 7 (14%)
2-3 hr/day
- 3 (6%)
3-4 hr/day
- 1 (2%)
4-5 hr/day
- 0 (0%)
5-8 hr/day
- 1 (2%)
8+ hr/day
- 2 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: How much TV do you watch in a day?  (Read 8065 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: How much TV do you watch in a day?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 07:16:59 PM »

Fringe is a scifi show based on magic. It blows.

Shaddup.  It makes me laugh. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 07:52:48 PM »

Same here. My favorite line is still from the first show, with Dr. Bishop announcing something along the lines of "Excellent... time to make some LSD"
It was said so matter-of-fact, yet with the Vincent Price, mad science enthusiasm.
John Noble is fantastic, and makes the show fun to watch, magic or no.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 07:53:52 PM »

Same here. My favorite line is still from the first show, with Dr. Bishop announcing something along the lines of "Excellent... time to make some LSD"
It was said so matter-of-fact, yet with the Vincent Price, mad science enthusiasm.

This.  They were showing a re-run last night and he was spewing something about making his own anti-psychotics.   :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 08:02:01 PM »

This.  They were showing a re-run last night and he was spewing something about making his own anti-psychotics.   :lol:

The kid from Dawson's Creek as the straight man to his father's lunacy is pretty good, too. And the assistant whose name is never remembered? Like her.
The blond playing the FBI agent is hit-or-miss for me. She's lovely, but a bit too blandly intense, or should I say intensely bland, if that makes any sense.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2008, 08:11:17 PM »

I'm not sure how many hours I watch TV in a day. Thanks to the DVR, I know the number of average hours is about 1/3 less than it used to be. Of course, thanks to the DVR, I can go days, or weeks, without watching TV, and not miss a thing.

In January, my total hours will go up, I think. Scrubs is back, Battlestar Galactica is back. Doctor Who, and I think Torchwood, will also be back on SciFi. Plus, there's Dollhouse, which will premiere in February. A few shows I watch will have ended by then, which should help offset some of the viewing, but there's still Top Gear, Heroes, The Office, Life on Mars, Chuck and Fringe.

Damn. It's time to ditch the TV, before I become a total couch potato.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2008, 10:49:18 PM »

But I did watch some of The Young and the Restless while I was at the dentist today. I'm hooked!
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

BonerJoe

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2008, 10:50:47 PM »

I bought a 42" plasma last year. I think I've watched it less than 10 hours in total. TV show torrents spoil me.

rabidfurby

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2008, 11:05:17 PM »

I bought a 42" plasma last year. I think I've watched it less than 10 hours in total. TV show torrents spoil me.

For a couple hundred bucks, you could build a computer that can stream those shows to the TV, with HDMI for full 720p (or 1080 if you have the bandwidth to download them).

BonerJoe

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2008, 11:06:36 PM »

For a couple hundred bucks, you could build a computer that can stream those shows to the TV, with HDMI for full 720p (or 1080 if you have the bandwidth to download them).

I did. Still easier to watch it on the laptop, though. Heh.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2008, 11:09:25 PM »

I have watched roughly 3 hours in the last year.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

CaL DaVe

• No hay igual.
  • Que onda guero?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2008, 11:11:40 PM »

I'm watching right now to see what i'm missing...So far, I got nothin.
Pocho

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2008, 11:34:35 PM »

Basically zero, although occasionally I will turn on the toob for House or Sons of Anarchy.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2008, 09:08:27 AM »

I have three "must see" shows: "Prison Break" (which has really jumped the shark and is being dropped from my list after the current season), "Lost," and "Heroes." Oh, and "Sarah Conner Chronicles." At least, for now. The rest of the time I will sit through some of my wife's shows, or watch movies. Usually, we get through a couple of flicks a week.

Oh--and I will watch "Cash Cab" during dinner when my wife is at work.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Dave in NY___evening

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2008, 01:57:59 PM »

I stopped watching the "idiot box" three years ago. Its amazing how ridiculus tv becomes even after three months of not watching it. Think about this, you sit in front of a screen full of people being paid to pretend to have a life instead of going out and enjoying your own. I'll torrent a movie now and then but I dont spend 28 hours a week drooling in front of a screen.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2008, 02:05:56 PM »

I stopped watching the "idiot box" three years ago. Its amazing how ridiculus tv becomes even after three months of not watching it. Think about this, you sit in front of a screen full of people being paid to pretend to have a life instead of going out and enjoying your own.

I believe that's called "acting."  And yes, it's terrible. Films, plays, puppet shows, various forms of dance, story-telling.....all worthless!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  How much TV do you watch in a day?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 37 queries.