Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  How much are you "on board" with the show?

Poll

..as in, how closely matched are your ideas as to those of the hosts?

Perfect match
- 7 (15.9%)
Mostly on target
- 31 (70.5%)
Moderately so
- 6 (13.6%)
Occassional match
- 0 (0%)
Not even close
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: How much are you "on board" with the show?  (Read 6427 times)

Osborne

• Worshipful Grand Conspirator
    • View Profile
    • Sakal/CAI
Re: How much are you "on board" with the show?
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2008, 01:50:37 AM »

How can one be on board with the hosts when there are 2+ hosts who have totally different views?

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2008, 02:05:22 AM »

How can one be on board with the hosts when there are 2+ hosts who have totally different views?

C'mon dood.. previous posters have adequately determined what was inferred in the proposition! :)
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2008, 08:03:22 AM »

I'm between moderately and mostly matching.  I only say moderately because I frequently disagree some of the things the hosts either say or argue in order to back up certain beliefs.

KDus

• Democracy=fraud
  • Money
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2008, 04:51:43 PM »

Because we're comparing them to Rush, Hannity, Coulter, Reagan, Noory, S.Miller, D.Miller, Prager, Left Right and Center, Maddow.......
Liberate America!

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2008, 01:45:56 AM »

Because we're comparing them to Rush, Hannity, Coulter, Reagan, Noory, S.Miller, D.Miller, Prager, Left Right and Center, Maddow.......

I like Larry Elder too...
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2008, 10:34:11 AM »

I like Larry Elder too...

I used to like Larry Elder. The first time I heard his show he was interviewing Harry Browne.

Now, as far as I can tell, he's been "Hannitized".
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

Porcupine_in_MA

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2008, 10:50:40 AM »

Now, as far as I can tell, he's been "Hannitized".

He went neo-con with 911.

Kevin Freeheart

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2008, 05:50:22 PM »

I consider myself a voluntaryist and agorist. I agree with Ian's about 99% of the time, though I believe that some of the ideas he (and Tannehill) tossed out about the justice system would be dramatically different. I also disagree with Ian on the "non-cooperation" thing in two regards. Firstly, I see "belief in government" as a social issue. It is raising awareness and discrediting this belief that will lead to liberty. The purpose of civil disobedience and non-cooperation is to raise that awareness. On the other ends of that, I believe that the political world can reach people and help correct the belief in government social issue. Neither is a means to an end in and of themselves. Secondly, I think that Ian gives lip service to "market based activism" but really does very little support of true market based activism. Agorism is about establishing alternate outlets for government influenced, regulated and prohibited goods and I think this is key to establishing a sustainable, liberty-centric society. Civil disobedience is worlds away from "Market Activism".
Quote from: John Shaw
Libman was setting you up. You see, he's a resident troll, which means that while I hate him passionately and wish him great harm, he's ONE OF OURS. You are a pathetic interloper who will fade away in a few weeks at most.

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2008, 06:05:08 PM »

I don't like Ian's position on artificial intelligence. I think Mark's 100% correct on that one.

Then by your logic every father should fear his son.
I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2008, 08:26:46 PM »

I went with mosty on target. I tend to be even more extreme than Ian in opposing political action (i.e., I believe it is morally wrong to vote for the lesser of two evils when you can simply not sanction either). Also, I'm a Christian.
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

DogOn

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2008, 08:48:53 PM »

In terms of libertarianism, its pretty much a 99% match, but between Marks Landmark bullshit and Ians magical thinking shit (I can't remember the name), I'm pretty detached from the hosts in other aspects.

Ian quite often makes poor or even incorrect arguments for why liberty and the NAP are both moral and useful. Also theres alot of I'm right, you're a filthy statist kind of debate, which is a really bad way of trying to get a reasonable point across.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  How much are you "on board" with the show?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 51 queries.