Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  How long until NATO(the US) invades Iran?
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How long until NATO(the US) invades Iran?  (Read 5655 times)

DennisGreehy

• View Profile
How long until NATO(the US) invades Iran?
« on: November 05, 2011, 01:49:33 PM »

I ask because It seems like this is going to occur soon unless 95% of congress simultaneously dies of a brain hemorrhage, are replaced by peace candidates and then somehow gain relevance to the decision making process of the whitehouse.
Also, I'm not exactly an expert on foreign relations and am woefully under informed in this topic.
Guns kill people............when other people, holding said guns, fire them in the direction of aforementioned people.-Me

MOE from between St. Joe's River and the railroad tracks

• "Take whatever you can get..." -MOE
    • View Profile
Re: How long until NATO(the US) invades Iran?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 01:58:58 PM »

I was literally just about to create a new poll which allowed people to vote on this question. You read my mind!!!

I say its next year during Obama's campaign to "strengthen" his credentials on national security.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 07:38:30 PM »

Honestly I once thought we'd do it.  Now I don't think it will ever happen.  At most the world will give Israel the nod to take out their nuclear programs like they did with Iraq.  But I don't think there will be a full scale invasion.  Not enough resources in Iran.  They have a pseudo-democracy.  And the people there are more secular than their government.  It's more likely that the CIA would foment a democratic revolution that removes the Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khomeini from having dictatorial control.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 08:18:15 PM »

^ Good stuff

DennisGreehy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 12:09:54 PM »

Honestly I once thought we'd do it.  Now I don't think it will ever happen.  At most the world will give Israel the nod to take out their nuclear programs like they did with Iraq.  But I don't think there will be a full scale invasion.  Not enough resources in Iran.  They have a pseudo-democracy.  And the people there are more secular than their government.  It's more likely that the CIA would foment a democratic revolution that removes the Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khomeini from having dictatorial control.

Ordinarily I would agree but, there has been a real ramp up in executive power over the years. Obama has already invaded more countries then I can remember the complicated Arabic names of and the media has stepped up the Iran disinformation lately. It's worrying to say the least.
Guns kill people............when other people, holding said guns, fire them in the direction of aforementioned people.-Me

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 12:56:49 PM »

I just want to clarify that I honestly wouldn't see it as a bad thing if the CIA were to successfully foment a democratic revolution in Iran.  If Iran had a true republican democracy they would have a lot more freedom and be a lot more peaceful towards their neighbors than they are now with their "Supreme Leader" religious dictator who is actually in charge of their pseudo-democracy.
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

DennisGreehy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 11:34:55 AM »

I just want to clarify that I honestly wouldn't see it as a bad thing if the CIA were to successfully foment a democratic revolution in Iran.  If Iran had a true republican democracy they would have a lot more freedom and be a lot more peaceful towards their neighbors than they are now with their "Supreme Leader" religious dictator who is actually in charge of their pseudo-democracy.
Unfortunately it never works out that way.

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 12:26:05 PM »

Unfortunately it never works out that way.
Honestly I think they may have already tried and failed a couple years ago with that green banner protest.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 07:25:55 PM »

Man Sam, I hope you're not advocating a strike on Iran.  I don't think the people are scarier.  I think its the fundamentalists that are scarry and I don't think most people are fundies.

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 12:18:43 AM »

Man Sam, I hope you're not advocating a strike on Iran.  I don't think the people are scarier.  I think its the fundamentalists that are scarry and I don't think most people are fundies.
I wouldn't feel bad if a strike against Iranian nuclear facilities occurred.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 10:23:33 AM »

I'd prefer no strike.  It won't accomplish anything other than getting more people pissed off at the United States.  Plus, innocent people will be killed.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 06:46:16 PM »

Ya, of course no civilians could possibly die from such a strike.

Of course, there won't be massive blow back.

I'm glad that there's indisputable evidence from our reliable friends in the government indicating that Iran even has a nuclear program.

I'm also glad that those heathen Muslims won't get nuclear weapons. Only good Christian countries and their client states can have nukes.

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 07:17:43 PM »

Ya, of course no civilians could possibly die from such a strike.

Of course, there won't be massive blow back.

I'm glad that there's indisputable evidence from our reliable friends in the government indicating that Iran even has a nuclear program.

I'm also glad that those heathen Muslims won't get nuclear weapons. Only good Christian countries and their client states can have nukes.
Uh ok, I don't understand what you're talking about.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  How long until NATO(the US) invades Iran?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 32 queries.