Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  How did you find out about Free Talk Live?

Poll

How did you find out about Free Talk Live? (Not how you listen now, but how you discovered us?)

Found via a Radio Station or other terrestrial radio show
I was told about FTL by a friend (I first listened by Radio)
I was told about FTL by a friend (I first listened online)
Found via PodcastAlley.com
Found via iTunes
Found via the Free State Project
Found via a Libertarian News Site
Found via a Libertarian Blog
Found via an ANTI-Libertarian Post or Article
Found via some other podcast directory
Found via a news press release or video
Found via MySpace
Found via Streaming Radio - Redragon365
Found via Streaming Radio - Rant Radio
Found via Streaming Radio - GCN Live
Found via DownsizeDC
Found via another Libertarian Activist Organization
Found via a mention on another Podcast or Internet Radio Show
Found via a mention on some non-liberterian, non-news website

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Down

Author Topic: How did you find out about Free Talk Live?  (Read 131028 times)

Pagan Paleontologist

Re: How did you find out about Free Talk Live?
« Reply #270 on: October 23, 2008, 06:50:48 PM »

I found it by searching for "libertarian talk shows" on a search engine. This was one of the first links that popped up. Unfortunately there are more than a few LINOs on the radio who are actually neocons... so I'm glad I found this show.  :)

HOO-HAA

• tattOOed HORROR writer and scowling heathen
    • View Profile
    • DROP DEAD GORGEOUS: tattOOed HORROR novel
« Reply #271 on: November 02, 2008, 04:52:19 PM »

I found it by searching for "libertarian talk shows" on a search engine. This was one of the first links that popped up. Unfortunately there are more than a few LINOs on the radio who are actually neocons... so I'm glad I found this show.  :)

Absolutely agree - the first couple of podcasts I found and listened to were most certainly more about Obama-bashing than about liberty. They all loved Sarah Palin - hehehe!  :lol:

Zappa88

« Reply #272 on: November 16, 2008, 09:04:35 PM »

I was on the forum for the recently formed UK Libertarian party. A guy called Scott Freeman (Changed his name to Freeman) made a thread about Ian's arrest. I had a look, added FTL to iTunes. Now I'm here.

Oh, also: American Radio > British radio. You guys just do it right.

WallyC33

« Reply #273 on: November 18, 2008, 02:42:49 AM »

Red Bar Radio

mountainlion

« Reply #274 on: November 22, 2008, 02:06:37 AM »

I've been aware of the show for a few years but I hadn't given it much of a chance until recently.

My brother Njal told me about the show and would share anecdotes from the callers while he pursued his way in the path of liberty. Although I could see his point on a lot of issues, I really was the poster child of the apathetic generation that is now coming to face the consequences of the actions we've taken in the last few years. And it probably would have continued in this manner, half-heartedly agreeing while not really making any commitments to get involved.

However, more and more lately I've seen legislative bodies pass ludicrous laws that were beginning to impact my life directly. More and more I was being harassed by the bully majority of people who honestly believe that the mob rule of democracy will vindicate any bad judgment or decision. And more of the public "protectors" who use force to fill their cages and coffers. And I would share my annoyance with friends and acquaintances who I believed could see the same decay in our liberties. And again, I faced that shallow agreement that withered under even mild questioning.

Then, after many calm discussions with Njal involving arm gestures and creative euphemisms, he challenged me to get involved. So I started listening. And started to realize that there are others out there who aren't absently nodding. They are getting involved, talking, blogging, getting arrested. All to awaken this lazy nation that we lost the freedoms we honestly think still exist.

mountainlion

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 22, 2008, 05:40:40 AM »

I've been aware of the show for a few years but I hadn't given it much of a chance until recently.

My brother Njal told me about the show and would share anecdotes from the callers while he pursued his way in the path of liberty. Although I could see his point on a lot of issues, I really was the poster child of the apathetic generation that is now coming to face the consequences of the actions we've taken in the last few years. And it probably would have continued in this manner, half-heartedly agreeing while not really making any commitments to get involved.

However, more and more lately I've seen legislative bodies pass ludicrous laws that were beginning to impact my life directly. More and more I was being harassed by the bully majority of people who honestly believe that the mob rule of democracy will vindicate any bad judgment or decision. And more of the public "protectors" who use force to fill their cages and coffers. And I would share my annoyance with friends and acquaintances who I believed could see the same decay in our liberties. And again, I faced that shallow agreement that withered under even mild questioning.

Then, after many calm discussions with Njal involving arm gestures and creative euphemisms, he challenged me to get involved. So I started listening. And started to realize that there are others out there who aren't absently nodding. They are getting involved, talking, blogging, getting arrested. All to awaken this lazy nation that we lost the freedoms we honestly think still exist.

mountainlion

Nice. Njal's the man.
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

Taors

« Reply #276 on: November 23, 2008, 09:02:55 AM »

mountainlion

Nice. Njal's the man.

And missing in action.

kalmia

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 07, 2008, 03:59:14 AM »

I was on the forum for the recently formed UK Libertarian party. A guy called Scott Freeman (Changed his name to Freeman) made a thread about Ian's arrest. I had a look, added FTL to iTunes. Now I'm here.

Oh, also: American Radio > British radio. You guys just do it right.

Put up your own transmitter.

conrad from spain

• Irrumator
  • odi et amo
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 16, 2008, 11:07:36 AM »

I heard about it from the Ridley Report Youtube channel.. (I found the Ridley Report by doing a search about videos of civil disobedience in Youtube and saw some Lauren Canario videos).

castle_ahh

« Reply #279 on: December 21, 2008, 08:20:17 PM »

i found it after teh video fo ian's arrest was put up on lewrockwell.com.

Jetfire

« Reply #280 on: January 06, 2009, 10:12:33 PM »

I dont remember how i heard about free talk live but it was in my junior year of high school. I just remember liking the show but I stopped listening to it for whatever reason. I recently picked up the show again and really just cant believe my ears. I started downloading the podcasts and and am really opening my eyes. I know the podcasts are free but I work all day and listen to FTL so I figure what the hell. I'lll amp the show. I'm in between libertarian and minarchist i guess. I'm not really sure though and I've never been good with labels esp if it involved labeling myself. I hope the FSP works. I want my future generations to live in a world better then the one I'll be leaving in....

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #281 on: January 21, 2009, 06:51:24 PM »

Found via none of the choices: Stumbleupon.com
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 22, 2009, 12:08:45 AM »

I'm pretty sure stumbleupon counts as a non-libertarian non-news website....
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

patrickj

« Reply #283 on: January 22, 2009, 12:15:40 AM »

Basically, heres how.

My mother was watching oprah and obama was on.  Felt like i was gonna throw up.

Saw ron paul on a debate, didn't want to throw up.  What a curious feeling.  Googled him, somehow got into podcasts through his campaign.  FTL showed up in the similar programs thingy, and had a full bar for rating, so i subscribed. 

ox

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 22, 2009, 12:23:37 AM »

Basically, heres how.

My mother was watching oprah and obama was on.  Felt like i was gonna throw up.

Saw ron paul on a debate, didn't want to throw up.  What a curious feeling.  Googled him, somehow got into podcasts through his campaign.  FTL showed up in the similar programs thingy, and had a full bar for rating, so i subscribed. 

That must have been a long time ago.  I found out after Ian got thrown in jail for contempt.  Don't recall exactly which site led me to freekeene.com, but I landed there first before finding out about the show.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  How did you find out about Free Talk Live?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 37 queries.