Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Garder 'El G Gande' Goldsmith

Poll

What did you think of the 9/27 show with Gardner Goldsmith?

Gardner is great! Make him a regular co-host!
- 37 (58.7%)
He's OK in small doses. Bring him on every few weeks or so.
- 20 (31.7%)
He was annoying. I hate his haircut. Please, no more Gardner.
- 0 (0%)
Fire Manwich! Hire El G Grande!!
- 6 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Garder 'El G Gande' Goldsmith  (Read 29974 times)

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Garder 'El G Gande' Goldsmith
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2006, 12:07:47 AM »

Sports and Bill Cosby? You really do hate me don't you.
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2006, 12:34:55 AM »

Sports and Bill Cosby? You really do hate me don't you.

Doug Stanhope just did 2 shows in different parts of MA, Dave Atel is about to do NH, and George Carlin is about to do just over the MA line from NH

Country music stars, a 3 day christian music festival, tons of punk bands, and the biggest name in metal are all in or near NH. 

Actually, all of these things are not removed from Keene, either.  The last two New England Warped Tour stops were both 45 min from Keene.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2006, 12:36:05 AM »

According to last estimates the population of the most populous city in NH is that Manchester has 109,691 people....

by comparison:

Manchester: 109,691
Keene: 22,778
Sarasota: 53,711
Danbury, CT: 78,736 (My Home Town)

Bath, Me: 9,257           (The towns I went to my boarding High School in)
Woodstock, CT: 1,211   

I am well acquianted with low populations... by comparision... THIS is what an URBAN population looks like

Los Angeles: 9,519,338
NYC: 8,104,079
Chicago: 2,869,121
Boston: 3,406,829
Las Vegas: 1,563,282

I don't even really consider Tampa on the map of "real cities"
and it has 2,395,997 people.... I don't consider it like a real city becuase when you compare density from Tampa (2,707.8 people per square mile (in 2000)) to Chicago (12,750.3 people per square mile (2000)) It's QUITE a difference.

So, as you can see... it doesn't really matter what the population of a town in NH is.. its SUBurban at BEST.

I'll be fine... I grew up in the woods really... Danbury is where I spent most of my time... but my home was in Redding... (8,270) so there's my life living in small towns ... by the numbers.

"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2006, 12:53:14 AM »

I don't understand your way of thinking.  I live in one of the largest cities in America.  I think it is #17 or so.  It has less around 700,000 people.  The MSA population of Boston is several millions and around 10% of those people live in NH.  Like I said, Machester is less than an hour from Boston (during low traffic times) and Nashua is 20 min closer.  Of course, Nashua is also part of the Boston MSA and so are many towns in NH and northern MA.  These towns actually function very similar to Boston when it comes to entertainment.  In fact, in some ways, they tend to get bigger acts and draw more people because of the expense and traffic problems of Boston.  They also hold many of the college towns the Boston MSA is famous for, like U of MA and U of NH.  So, unless you are talking about downtown living, the way most people look at it, extreme southern NH is Boston MSA.  It is like saying that people in northeastern NJ are in the NYC MSA or people in the northern county of DE are in the Philly MSA.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2006, 01:04:22 AM »

Keith, why not just give up?  Keene is where it's at.   8)
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2006, 01:15:09 AM »

Manchester: 3,308.4 persons per square mile
Boston: 11,543 persons per square mile

Not comparable... whatever "MSA" supposedly means... I think NOTHING is probably accurate.

Anyway... Keene is keen.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2006, 01:20:47 AM »

Manchester: 3,308.4 persons per square mile
Boston: 11,543 persons per square mile

Not comparable... whatever "MSA" supposedly means... I think NOTHING is probably accurate.

Anyway... Keene is keen.
[/quote

This is MSA

Boston: 3,406,829

This or something similar is city-
Boston: 500,000

Move to Keene if you want, I just want everyone to understand, that compared to how the vast majority of people live, NH has very urban areas.  It is not all a small town boring place like Keene.

Skooma

« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2006, 02:08:07 AM »

I'm keen on Keene.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2006, 06:20:25 AM »

I'd like to teach at Dartmouth.  But the sad thing is that if the FSP takes hold, it would most likely put me out of a job. 

We all have to make sacrifices for liberty don't we?

Liberty hasn't happened yet in New Hampshire.  You're telling me to make a choice to abandon nine years of higher education, the accompanying financial investment, and my ideal career to live in a state which might become a little bit more free over a very long period of time.  Uh, no. 

Such slogans might make more sense to somebody without much to lose. 

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2006, 07:14:34 AM »

From the purely political (as in, the guys who set the rules for the guys with guns) standpoint, I have come to the conclusion that it's not a bad thing at all for a shitload of FTLers to move to Keene. Just kicking out the 4 reps you have and replacing them with non-authoritarians would be a nice step forward. We still need lots of freedom-lovers in other parts of the state, especially the south, ESPECIALLY Nashua and environs, and to a lesser degree in Concord as well.

FTL_Ian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2006, 12:32:58 PM »

Move to Keene if you want, I just want everyone to understand, that compared to how the vast majority of people live, NH has very urban areas.  It is not all a small town boring place like Keene.

You really have an axe to grind about Keene, don't you?  I think people are capable of doing their own research into what they want.  If so, they'll discover that Keene is not a "small town".  Keene has all the amenities of a city, just in a more compressed space.  I have all the shopping I could want within 2 miles from my house.  Just this Sunday Jullia and I shopped at Walmart, KBToys, Target, Dick's Sporting Goods, Bed Bath and Beyond, GameStop, and Price Chopper.  Also nearby are Circuit City, Home Depot, JC Penney, Borders Books, and more.

Towns are places with a few thousand population and limited commerce.  In a town you usually have to drive for a bit before getting to shopping like I described above.  There are towns around Keene, but Keene does not qualify as a town, in my mind.  It's a small city.
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2006, 01:33:29 PM »

You really have an axe to grind about Keene, don't you?
Actually Ian, I got the impression he was just saying that if Mark wants "city", in the urban-with-nightlife sense, that is also available in NH.
(as several of us have been telling Mark from the get-go)

Now, back on the topic of the thread... how about getting Mark to take Gard's spot on WNTK, and Gard takes Mark's spot on FTL?
Viola! Multiple problems solved:
* Mark can live in Manch-vegas and still commute to his radio gig
* FTL gets a really cool co-host -- the dynamic between you guys is a formula for success
* Mark can always co-host one or two nights a week
* No more "FTL sounds like an old married couple" syndrome (which Ian is going a praiseworthy job of avoiding, by the way, but everyone has a limit)
* Gard brings in the Big Names (he has contacts all over), Ian brings the hipness and smoove talking

Mark: you *know* I am a fan of yours, and I know if you stay through to the legislative session, you WILL be a major, positive force for freedom in this state. "Mark my words!"

burnthebeautiful

« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2006, 01:41:17 PM »

Manchester has a strip club, a hooters, and when I was there you could get your car washed by cheerleaders. What more could an allegedly straight man want?

« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 01:47:12 PM by burnthebeautiful »

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2006, 03:16:59 PM »

An on-topic post:  I think Gardner rocks.  He knows what he is talking about, and has great radio voice, personality, and presence.  Get him on the show more often if you can!

FTL_Ian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2006, 03:43:15 PM »

Denis,

Thanks for the suggestions.  So you know, Mark has been to Manch and Nashua, and he prefers Keene.  Plus, no one wants to commute to work if they don't have to.  Gardner HATES his drive.  That's time that could be spent doing productive things, instead of just burning fuel.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Garder 'El G Gande' Goldsmith

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 37 queries.