Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Garder 'El G Gande' Goldsmith

Poll

What did you think of the 9/27 show with Gardner Goldsmith?

Gardner is great! Make him a regular co-host!
- 37 (58.7%)
He's OK in small doses. Bring him on every few weeks or so.
- 20 (31.7%)
He was annoying. I hate his haircut. Please, no more Gardner.
- 0 (0%)
Fire Manwich! Hire El G Grande!!
- 6 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Garder 'El G Gande' Goldsmith  (Read 29975 times)

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
Re: Garder 'El G Gande' Goldsmith
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2006, 02:04:42 PM »

Is it that hard to email them and ask?   :P
Done.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 02:22:22 AM »

I said it on air, I believe. January 1st (roundabouts). I think I am the only one who has set a date.
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

Porcupine_in_MA

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2006, 09:06:15 AM »

I said it on air, I believe. January 1st (roundabouts). I think I am the only one who has set a date.

Great to hear! Make sure to notify Janepuke so she will know where to move in NH to be close to you. She is your biggest fan afterall. In all seriousness though, where in NH are you planning on moving?

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2006, 12:01:11 PM »

Keene makes sense.
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2006, 01:48:46 PM »

Keene makes sense.

How so?  Do you have a job there?  If not, you could move to a place like Hillsboro and work in Concord 5 days a week and help co-host in Keene 6 nights per week :)
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2006, 02:20:25 PM »

First Question: Yes. Free Talk Live.

Next: Why would I want to destroy an hour and a half 2+ hours of my day every day by living in Hillsboro?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 02:31:52 PM by Johnson »

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2006, 02:37:43 PM »

I'd like to teach at Dartmouth.  But the sad thing is that if the FSP takes hold, it would most likely put me out of a job. 

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2006, 02:43:49 PM »

I'd like to teach at Dartmouth.  But the sad thing is that if the FSP takes hold, it would most likely put me out of a job. 
Now, now... Dartmouth has a great brand visibility and reputation. It would almost certainly function as a profitable business.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2006, 03:15:18 PM »

Now, now... Dartmouth has a great brand visibility and reputation. It would almost certainly function as a profitable business.

Some departments might.  I'm pessimistic about the chances of any discipline that relies on ideas that the general population does not accept (for example, evolution). 

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2006, 03:47:02 PM »

ideas that the general population does not accept (for example, evolution). 
Jeez, where do you live that the majority of people believe Creationism? Kansas?
No.. wait... I don't even want to know :P

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2006, 03:48:50 PM »

Well, she probably lives somewhere in the United States.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43957

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2006, 03:59:25 PM »

Well, she probably lives somewhere in the United States.
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43957
Well, that's it.
I am finally in favor of secession!

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2006, 04:01:35 PM »

Many Libertarians moving to the Free State will be devout christians

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2006, 04:02:46 PM »

ideas that the general population does not accept (for example, evolution). 
Jeez, where do you live that the majority of people believe Creationism? Kansas?
No.. wait... I don't even want to know :P

About a third of the population rejects evolution outright, and over half of the population believes that it is "guided by God" (which arguably means they don't really understand it).  Something like half the U.S. population believes that the story of Noah in the Bible, with the global flood and two pairs of every existing animal on a boat, is true....which amounts to rejecting evolution (if you're charitable, or reality itself if you're not) if you really think about it. 

Of the Western industrial world, only Turkey has a lower acceptance rate of evolution than the U.S.A.   We've got a pretty crap record no matter how you look at it.   

Yes, and that frightens me. 

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2006, 04:31:46 PM »

will be ARE
They include Russ, Kat, Jason Sorens (when he finally moves), and others.
Now that I have met and chatted with these folks... well, I used to be viciously, rabidly and vocally anti-christian.
Now that I have met some pretty smart people who do NOT use their religion as an excuse to stampede my rights.... I'm a viciously, rabidly, nonconfrontationally quiet anti-christian.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Garder 'El G Gande' Goldsmith

// ]]>

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 37 queries.