Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Garder 'El G Gande' Goldsmith

Poll

What did you think of the 9/27 show with Gardner Goldsmith?

Gardner is great! Make him a regular co-host!
- 37 (58.7%)
He's OK in small doses. Bring him on every few weeks or so.
- 20 (31.7%)
He was annoying. I hate his haircut. Please, no more Gardner.
- 0 (0%)
Fire Manwich! Hire El G Grande!!
- 6 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Garder 'El G Gande' Goldsmith  (Read 29980 times)

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
Garder 'El G Gande' Goldsmith
« on: September 27, 2006, 09:03:53 PM »

I make no bones about it, I think Gardner adds a LOT to the show, by virtue of his freakishly encyclopedic knowledge of History, the Constitution, and legal precedents. In that way, he's almost exactly the opposite of Ian and Mark.

On top of it all, he's a principled anarchocapitalist "Free-Marketeer", like Ian, but not so in-your-face.... rather, he comes off almost as a "moderate", like Mark. He makes anarchocapitalism digestible to the general population.

Last but not least, the whole dynamic of the show was more enjoyable with Gardner on. Maybe just because Gardner stopped Ian and Mark bitching at each other like an old married couple ;)

Yay Gardner!

Anyways, that's my take. What say y'all?

castle_chaser

Re: Garder 'El G Gande' Goldsmith
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 09:29:38 PM »

I make no bones about it, I think Gardner adds a LOT to the show, by virtue of his freakishly encyclopedic knowledge of History, the Constitution, and legal precedents. In that way, he's almost exactly the opposite of Ian and Mark.

On top of it all, he's a principled anarchocapitalist "Free-Marketeer", like Ian, but not so in-your-face.... rather, he comes off almost as a "moderate", like Mark. He makes anarchocapitalism digestible to the general population.

Last but not least, the whole dynamic of the show was more enjoyable with Gardner on. Maybe just because Gardner stopped Ian and Mark bitching at each other like an old married couple ;)

Yay Gardner!

Anyways, that's my take. What say y'all?

We love Gard!!! Listened to him in manchvegus for as long as he was on.... He should do every show.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 10:09:22 PM »

We love Gard!!! Listened to him in manchvegus for as long as he was on....
He's still on WNTK, right???

Jason Rand

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 10:35:51 PM »

That was the first time I've heard Gardner, and I like his style a lot.  We had two listeners who called in from SL tonight and both made excellent points.  One of the great things about the Gimme Liberty Bar scene is that you can continue discussing an issue in chat after and/or during the show.   

Others are more entertained by the "gays, gernades, and ganja" (which turned out to be the theme the other night), so there is something for everyone.

We're going to have a little party tomorrow night to celebrate hitting 100 members in our Free State Project group (92 now, so we'll hit 100 by the end of the night almost certainly).  Come join us!

atheistshawn

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 12:46:26 PM »

Great great great show!  I loved it.  I listen to Gard all the time on WNTK and I am a huge fan of show.  I think he added so much to FTL, he would be the perfect co-host.  Although whoever voted to fire Mark is damn crazy, mark kicks ass also.  The three of them make a great team, although I think the drive to Keene is a bit of a commute for Gard.

burnthebeautiful

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 06:20:00 PM »

Isn't Gardners show 3 hours? I don't know if he could/would do 3 hours of FTL on top of that on a regular basis.

Porcupine_in_MA

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 07:20:02 PM »

I voted for regular co-host. I think him joining FTL would be great. Even once or twice a week would be great.

atheistshawn

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 08:57:41 PM »

They could have him on the Sat. show. 

Violajess

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 01:00:48 AM »

They could have him on the Sat. show. 

Ditto. Although I think a Co-Host extravaganza with Mark, Torgo, Melissa, Johnson, Jason, Mike D, and Gard would be a bit more interesting

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 11:18:19 AM »

GG Smith rocks!  I love that he actually knows something about good music!  Punk lives! Yeah, I am just so happy!  I think 2 or so times per month would be best.  Remember, FTL should get another co-host next year, anyway.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 02:29:55 PM »

2 or so times per month would be best
Nowhere near enough. I want weekly, dammit!

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2006, 11:07:34 PM »

2 or so times per month would be best
Nowhere near enough. I want weekly, dammit!

That would be good, but GG Smith already has 2 jobs.  I mean come on...  I think you should start calling in on a certain night every week so you can become an unoffical co-host :)
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

sparkie

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2006, 03:01:36 AM »

I got the feeling from the show that both Ian and Mark were glad to have another co-host to 'bounce' off.

With Ian and Mark living in the same house and spending 6 nights a week working together it is not going to be long before the interaction between them becomes stale without the opinions of co-hosts. As Johnson, Torgo, Melissa and Jason all stated that they were all moving to New Hampshire at some stage in the future I wonder how their plans are coming along?

Porcupine_in_MA

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2006, 09:48:49 PM »

As Johnson, Torgo, Melissa and Jason all stated that they were all moving to New Hampshire at some stage in the future I wonder how their plans are coming along?

Although I don't agree about their interaction becoming stale I was wondering about this also. I miss the co-hosts.

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2006, 10:52:26 PM »

Is it that hard to email them and ask?   :P
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Garder 'El G Gande' Goldsmith

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 39 queries.