Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  FTL Image Gallery - Would you use it?

Poll

If there was a gallery of pictures of FTL crew and fans at events like Liberty Forum, Keene Activists Events, and other gatherings, and users could submit pictures... Would you use it?

Yes, that sounds like a pretty cool feature. I'd submit photos.
Sure, I'd like to occasionally browse photos like that.
I'm not gonna lie, that sounds pretty boring. No.
Hell no, FTL hosts are ugly - that sounds egotistical anyway. All photos of FTL hosts should be buried on the WIKI.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: FTL Image Gallery - Would you use it?  (Read 8006 times)

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
FTL Image Gallery - Would you use it?
« on: December 10, 2009, 01:06:38 AM »

This page is already basically done, but might be scrapped. Your thoughts?
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
Re: FTL Image Gallery - Would you use it?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 01:27:40 AM »

As long as they are informative. If it is all insider joke photos or ones like you would see in family photo albums, where no outsiders would want to look, then NO

If they are informative, show pictures of all the boths/bands/activists/clubs/etc.. then yeah that would be cool.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 01:35:25 AM »

The existing page on the CURRENT FTL site that this would be echoing is the "Our Ugly Mugs" page. (Those pics would be the starting images for this)

It hasn't been updated in a LONG time, and I agree with Ian that's it's a little egotistical to have a page that focuses on just having pictures of the hosts...

My solution was to change the name and focus of the page to being a Gallery that listeners can submit to (with some kind of approval  to ensure it's going to be SFW)

Ian not only wants to scrap the whole damn Ugly Mug page, he wants to kill all pics of FTL hosts on the site, and essentially and make it so that aside from the child pictures, all images of FTL hosts only would appear in the WIKI.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 01:38:16 AM by Johnson »
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 01:41:10 AM »

I guess I didn't answer... yeah... informative pics... that page currently includes pics of events, guests, Ian's pets, pics of the studio, pics of some listeners attending events, pics of activism.... etc etc

however, it's totally out of date... a listener submission option should help fix that problem right up.

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 02:34:29 AM »

i vote yes, i like to perv on other peoples photos

:mrgreen:
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

AL the Inconspicuous

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 03:00:48 AM »

I'm trying to decide between options 1 and 2.  Would I be allowed to submit drawings, 3D art, and photographs of FTL-themed lego sculptures?

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 12:37:28 PM »

Well, it will likely be Ian - or somebody assigned by Ian as a moderator that approves the images... Photographs are obviously going to be most likely to be approved... Drawings and 3D art? Well I don't see why not... I suppose it might depend on how relevant to FTL they were... and possibly if they are actually understandable as such... But If it's fan art - I don't see a reason why it wouldn't get approved...

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 09:26:35 PM »

Two words-topless tuesdays!
User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 01:52:17 AM »

radicalgrapshics.org

:)
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 07:32:13 PM »

radicalgrapshics.org

http://radicalgraphics.org/

Looks like they need an update! Didn't see Obama's face in there anywhere, but more than a couple featuring Bush. Too lefty for me :)
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2010, 11:32:47 PM »

radicalgrapshics.org

http://radicalgraphics.org/

Looks like they need an update! Didn't see Obama's face in there anywhere, but more than a couple featuring Bush. Too lefty for me :)

Yeah, they have been lacking in updates recently, however if there was a liberty version, well that would be cool.

BonerJoe

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 09:28:53 AM »

I agree.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 02:38:26 AM »

Lemme see if I can throw something together.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 01:34:52 AM »

I like the idea of a users image gallery.

I donno if this is a possible "tweak", but...

If I was "tagged" in a photo, I'd like the ability to un-tag myself.  I think thats the only issue I'd have.  Aside from blatantly illegal shit, which should be moderated without argument. 

MOE from between St. Joe's River and the railroad tracks

• "Take whatever you can get..." -MOE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 07:17:08 PM »

No NOODS.

For the children's sake.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  FTL Image Gallery - Would you use it?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 38 queries.