Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  FSP with Conspiracy Theorists?

Poll

Should the FSP work with Conspiracy Theorists?

They do more harm than good
We need all the help we can get
somewhere in the middle (explain)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: FSP with Conspiracy Theorists?  (Read 7887 times)

Charles

FSP with Conspiracy Theorists?
« on: December 17, 2006, 05:07:45 PM »

I'm curious as to everyone else's opinion on the subject.

I think they do more harm than good because they bring an element of paranoia and sometimes violence instead of focusing on making real executable changes.

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
Re: FSP with Conspiracy Theorists?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 05:10:43 PM »

I agree, but for me it's mainly about reputation. The FSP has already sketched out some native New HampshirewhateverthefucktheadjectiveforsomebodyfromNHiss without associating with chemtrails/timecube/9.11 truth/NWO freaks, and I'd hate to see what would happen if they did.
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

cerpntaxt

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 05:15:18 PM »

I really think it depends on the person. Most of the conspiracy theorists on thie bbs aren't just about conspiracy theories. The FSP should work with anyone who wants to reduce the size of government. The conspiracy theorists we shouldn't be working with are the ones that want to replace the people in power with their people. I don't think that conspiracy theorists that place enough emphasis on the inherent evils of government are a bad thing for the FSP.

Charles

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 05:17:53 PM »

The FSP should work with anyone who wants to reduce the size of government.

The Liberty Reform Caucus says the same thing about the LP though.  Different people want to reduce the size of government different amounts...

Bill Brasky

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 05:21:03 PM »

The problem with bringing conspiracy theorists on board is they tend to be leftists.  Since the LP isnt gonna make big strides in the immediate future (I think it's got about three more terms in the Oval before they really make some waves)  the CT's would be more purposeful in the Dems corner, and voting the GOP down. 

IMO, you really dont want leftists in the LP. 

cerpntaxt

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 05:22:48 PM »

The FSP should work with anyone who wants to reduce the size of government.

The Liberty Reform Caucus says the same thing about the LP though.  Different people want to reduce the size of government different amounts...
I guess I mean that we just want people who want smaller government to move to NH. They're a lot easier to convince.

cerpntaxt

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 05:24:19 PM »

The problem with bringing conspiracy theorists on board is they tend to be leftists.  Since the LP isnt gonna make big strides in the immediate future (I think it's got about three more terms in the Oval before they really make some waves)  the CT's would be more purposeful in the Dems corner, and voting the GOP down. 

Right of course we don't want leftists but there aren't just leftist CT's

Bill Brasky

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 05:30:17 PM »

Name one right wing CT and then use it in the following sentence:  "I would like [..........] to become active in NH politics under the FSP".

Charles

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 05:32:50 PM »

If New Hampshire becomes the Conspiracy Theorist State than I'm not moving there.  This song sums it up for me.

You say you want a revolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out
Don't you know it's gonna be all right
all right, all right

You say you got a real solution
Well, you know
We'd all love to see the plan
You ask me for a contribution
Well, you know
We're doing what we can
But when you want money
for people with minds that hate
All I can tell is brother you have to wait
all right, all right

You say you'll change the constitution
Well, you know
We all want to change your head
You tell me it's the institution
Well, you know
You better free you mind instead
But if you go carrying pictures of chairman Mao
You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow

Taors

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 05:38:18 PM »

It depends on the individual. As long as the FSP, the organization itself, doesn't endorse the conspiracy theories then I don't see what the big deal is. I'm pretty sure the majority of FSP members aren't conspiracy theorists anyway.

cerpntaxt

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 05:42:30 PM »

Name one right wing CT and then use it in the following sentence:  "I would like [..........] to become active in NH politics under the FSP".
Obviously not I meant like on this bbs there are people that espouse certain conpsiracy theories but don't let that get in the way of the principles of the FSP and libertarianism.

Right, Charles I agree that we don't want NH to become the CT state but I don't think that any person that espouses a CT should automatically be shunned from joining the FSP. I don't think you were suggesting that but I just want to clarify my position.

It depends on the individual. As long as the FSP, the organization itself, doesn't endorse the conspiracy theories then I don't see what the big deal is. I'm pretty sure the majority of FSP members aren't conspiracy theorists anyway.
What he said.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 06:43:02 PM »

Conspiracy theorists already have North Idaho. They don't need NH.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 10:58:59 PM »

Like I've said before, most of the super-activists in NH right now are aware of and/or promote the 9-11 truth info. Sorry folks. The shit is real. Although, I won't speak for anyone specifically, but everyone that cares can see their views at nhfree.com. It's fine that some don't want 9-11 truthers in the fsp, but the vast majority of them(anti-truthers) aren't in NH and are just talkers, so who cares? Go ahead and cut off our pro-freedom brethren in the truth camp. We'll just tell the liberty lovers that care about justice to go to the WY FSP. Apparently the fsp isn't about liberty, it's about egos.

Charles

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 11:11:51 PM »

Being aware of the movement doesn't make you part of it.  I'm aware of it but I still think it's a waste of time.

Care about justice?  That's hilarious how picky and choosey you guys are.  You'll go after the Bush administration in particular when each administration that can be remembered by anyone alive has performed the act of growing government that oftentimes resulted in the death and imprisonment of citizens.  Seriously, if you're gonna start holding government accountable, why aren't you starting at your local and state levels where it's more likely to actually get some justice?

It seems like some new born libertarian from the liberal side bullshit to me.  People just wanting to be pissed at some evil republican empire.

If CT are directly tied into the FSP and the libertarian movement it will be harder to get more people in it.  So it is about promoting liberty...preventing conspiracy theorists from scaring people away with their paranoia.

rabidfurby

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2006, 01:07:27 AM »

It's fine that some don't want 9-11 truthers in the fsp, but the vast majority of them(anti-truthers)

Nice. Apparently now anyone who disagrees with you is "anti-truth", huh?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  FSP with Conspiracy Theorists?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 36 queries.