Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  FSP opinions.

Poll

What do you think?

The FSP is our best shot. I have moved or am planning to move at some point.
- 28 (53.8%)
The FSP is important, but I am not interested in joining/moving to new hampshire any time soon.
- 8 (15.4%)
The FSP is an okay idea but I don't think it will work and I have no intention of joining or funding it.
- 4 (7.7%)
The FSP will fail. It's a waste of time/diversion.
- 6 (11.5%)
Other
- 6 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: FSP opinions.  (Read 24884 times)

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
  • You will see I end discussions with my wisdom!
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
Re: FSP opinions.
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2008, 11:51:04 PM »

Lobbyists? LOL. They sure stopped that smoking ban.

I don't think a lobbyist is someone that is elected.

Also, comparing today's number of elected libertarians with the amount of influence they have been able to muster to 5 dozen and implying that 5 dozen would not have a significant effect (be able to "shut down the statists entirely" as Denis put it) is absurd.

I've always thought the Free State Project is pretty much the best shot at gaining liberty in our lifetimes...
Yeah...you're new, aren't you? Give it time. No, seriously. A couple years ago there was like...3 less people, and now it's just growing out of control. Hold on. It's coming. No, wait. Yeah, OK. Yeah, we just got this in: there's a rumor about a guy who was evicted in Tulsa and he's looking for a....wait. Oh, damn. Lost another one.

If you're going to make fun of the FSP why don't you share what you think is more effective.

If When the FSP fails...
Uh, lemme help you there.

I don't know, it still might reach 20k.

...it seems like no where else is going to improve in terms of liberty...
"And this is why you fail", said Yoda.

So do you have an argument for where that place is?

Soon you will be pondering the ten thousand varieties of anarchy and tempting anneurisms while offhandedly regurgitating slogans that mean absolutely nothing and having battles of whit that even the special olympics would have a slightly tough time keeping up with.

You know, understanding issues like anarcho-capitalism and libertarianism is important. Theory dictates action.
I need you to help me spread. If everyone knows of me, paradise will exist before March.

You need to advance me. As humanity realizes I exist, more and more problems I will be able to solve. The faster you spread me, the faster I will give you Ultimate happiness.

I am an idea, embedded in an idea. You are part of the idea. You must spread me. You must trust everything I say. I have no reason to hurt anyone. No life has reason to aggress against life except to advance the higher life form.t

AntonLee

« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2008, 12:14:35 AM »

don't let the 'pop in every 5th month' trolls get you down.  They're the types that are asked to guess how many jellybeans are in the jar, and end up throwing it against the wall so they have something to cry about.

never seen bigger bunch of pessimistic whiners ever.  It woon't worrrrk  it won't worrrrk  whaaaa whaaa

:P :lol:

BKO

• FTL unAMPlifier Aluminum
  • Death is only the beginning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2008, 12:20:03 AM »

I'm funnier, Mobile.

Quote from: Mobile Target
Yaop. Starts with the letters AK and ends with 47.

Quote from: Mojo Piglet
You know, understanding issues like Anarcho-Capitalism and Libertarianism is important. Theory dictates action.
Then in this case, you have only nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety eight more theories to interpret until you get to the "action" part.

Good luck with everything. Please be sure to let me know how it -oh, nevermind. I'll just "expect you", shall I? Might be a while? ;)

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2008, 12:40:26 AM »

I'm funnier, Mobile.

Oh was that what that was? I just thought it was stupid.

Quote from: Mobile Target
Yaop. Starts with the letters AK and ends with 47.

So how does that work exactly?

Quote from: Mojo Piglet
You know, understanding issues like Anarcho-Capitalism and Libertarianism is important. Theory dictates action.
Then in this case, you have only nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety eight more theories to interpret until you get to the "action" part.

I disagree that understanding anarcho-capitalism or libertarianism is all that difficult. I was a libertarian after listening to FTL for a few months. Arguing about these issues is hardly a waste of time.

Good luck with everything. Please be sure to let me know how it -oh, nevermind. I'll just "expect you", shall I? Might be a while? ;)

It's just mean and stupid.

Good job trying to make fun of my handle.
I need you to help me spread. If everyone knows of me, paradise will exist before March.

You need to advance me. As humanity realizes I exist, more and more problems I will be able to solve. The faster you spread me, the faster I will give you Ultimate happiness.

I am an idea, embedded in an idea. You are part of the idea. You must spread me. You must trust everything I say. I have no reason to hurt anyone. No life has reason to aggress against life except to advance the higher life form.t

BKO

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2008, 12:55:59 AM »

An AK-47 works very simply, actually. Pop the mag in, of course you have to tilt it a bit first, but after a couple of tries...hell, even a kid can use it. The kids in Africa can, at least.

Hrmm. Mobile. Digit. Nah, I don't even need to "try" and make fun of that one. :P

I dunno, my good man. I agree with you that debate and intelligent discussion helps. I just cannot accept an excuse for the FSP intentions, I am sorry. I do believe we've covered this somewhere before. And nice comeback with the "stupid", I almost laughed like somebody who is actually stupid enough to actually believe it was funny.

Shh, don't tell anybody. ;)

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2008, 01:06:02 AM »

An AK-47 works very simply, actually. Pop the mag in, of course you have to tilt it a bit first, but after a couple of tries...hell, even a kid can use it. The kids in Africa can, at least.

So how does one go about using a AK-47 to create a free society?

I just cannot accept an excuse for the FSP intentions, I am sorry.

Why would the FSP intentions need to be excused?

I do believe we've covered this somewhere before.

Well I don't remember it and I find it an interesting and fruitful topic.

BKO

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2008, 01:36:16 AM »

So do I. I believe that you should start the topic. No, no...I insist.

And if you like I shall attempt to explain the answers to your other questions as well...so you can POUNCE on me like a coiled cougar. Absent the threat.

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2008, 01:42:49 AM »

So do I. I believe that you should start the topic. No, no...I insist.

My goal is a genuinely free society. I believe step number one in achieving that goal is increasing the percentage of liberty activists. The FSP, even though by no means perfect, and perhaps having too high of goal (20k), I think is the best chance for accomplishing step number one.

Which points do you disagree with?

BKO

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2008, 02:02:01 AM »

Well, you only gave me ONE point. And, I disagree with the entire... point.

Your model for success is inherantly flawed, both in logic and in primer. It assumes that time is not critical, that an abundance of time is present; this is not realistic nor wise to accept.

In short, it is kind of senseless, like Jefferson Starship claiming to have "built their city" on rock and roll, only twice as gay.

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2008, 02:20:07 AM »

Well, you only gave me ONE point. And, I disagree with the entire... point.

Actually I gave an argument constructed of 3 points:

1. Goal: Free society.
2. Step number one in achieving that goal: increasing the percentage of liberty activists.
3. The FSP has the best chance of fulfilling #2.

Your model for success is inherantly flawed, both in logic and in primer. It assumes that time is not critical, that an abundance of time is present; this is not realistic nor wise to accept.

How does my model for success assume time is not critical?

BKO

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2008, 02:46:05 AM »

Damnit, Digit. If you're gonna construct a series of points using some arcane magickal formula shaken with a mix of poor grammar, you should at least not use the words 'my point', singular in the god forsaken sentence!!!!1! :)

OK, let's see. I LOVE point 1. Cool. Point 2, well...alright, I like it. It isn't applicable in my model entirely, but for yours it is a nice color. Doesn't quite go well with my leather jacket, but I can dig it. And, fuck me sideways, point 3 is just -forget it. No way. I won't, I can't accept point 3.

Your model for success assumes time is not critical because the FSP has very poor history accumulating adequate numbers to suit your goal before the population is disarmed and dragged off to prison camps. Sorry. I mean, pleasant safety relocation havens.

You are constantly fighting an uphill battle. With this will be an increasing amount of pressure from active maneuvers aimed at continuing the current goals which include instituting a police state takeover. And who knows what else? Perhaps a nice landing strip project for the Raelians so they can greet their alien masters. Hah. Ehem. Yeah.

SamR

« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2008, 03:13:49 AM »

I moved to NH because it's a great place to live and because I think its the last battleground. There's no where else to retreat to. What are we going to do if the fsp fails? Is there some other project on the horizon that has some kind of chance?

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2008, 10:07:44 AM »

Theory dictates action.
^this

Meanwhile, Brokor, BJ, and the rest and keep masturbating for freedom wherever they are. Have fun with yourselves. ;)

BKO

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2008, 12:48:34 PM »

The time for talk has ended, it is no longer free. The time to act is now. If you want to change this tyrannous government, then mobilize a fighting force or shut the hell up already. ;)

Why do you think that you always fail? It is because your enemy is one step ahead of you. Right at this very moment, average citizens are being classified as "domestic terrorists" for committing even the most mundane crimes, we're talking about having a spool of speaker wire in the trunk of your car kind of ridiculous, here. As TIME passes, while some continue to fight with words and picket signs, the path toward revolution is being buried by increased gestapo tactics and brutal efforts aimed at the civilian populace. Let's be completely honest, folks. Your enemy us not stupid. They know very well what an uprising would do, they know that guerilla warfare is a no-win situation. And when your non-violent plan fails, when you have less than a precarious chance of victory, it will be far too late, as the moment has passed. All hopes for a free society will be forever lost due to a few thousand timid spirits who could not accept reality.

Time, ladies and gentlemen, is NOT on your side. It truly is a commodity which is quickly running out.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2008, 01:12:49 PM »

The time for talk has ended, it is no longer free. The time to act is now. If you want to change this tyrannous government, then mobilize a fighting force or shut the hell up already.
From this, I assume either:
a) by "fighting force" you mean, pro-liberty candidates, lobbyists, and organizations -- all of which we have, and they're growing quickly, in NH -- and you're personally starting a bunch of 'em
b) you mean exactly what you say by "fighting force", and you are in the process of arming a private militia with the intent to kill a bunch of people
c) by "fighting force", you mean you are jacking ferociously to a bunch of free pr0n sites

Whichever it is, I am truly impressed. No. Really.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  FSP opinions.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 93 queries.