Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  FSP opinions.

Poll

What do you think?

The FSP is our best shot. I have moved or am planning to move at some point.
- 28 (53.8%)
The FSP is important, but I am not interested in joining/moving to new hampshire any time soon.
- 8 (15.4%)
The FSP is an okay idea but I don't think it will work and I have no intention of joining or funding it.
- 4 (7.7%)
The FSP will fail. It's a waste of time/diversion.
- 6 (11.5%)
Other
- 6 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: FSP opinions.  (Read 24883 times)

jimmed

Re: FSP opinions.
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2008, 06:25:52 PM »

I'm sorry, if you think waiting for things to get better is going to do more than the NH FSP, whatever disagreements you have with it, you're delusional and I'm ashamed to be counted in the same group as you.

LOL.

jimmed

« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2008, 06:27:02 PM »

Anyway, I'll move to Nevada 'cause it's freer right now. It also snows less.

The climate seems to be increasing freedom in NV, while NH has been losing more and more of the special things it had every legislative session.

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
  • You will see I end discussions with my wisdom!
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2008, 06:47:34 PM »

Anyway, I'll move to Nevada 'cause it's freer right now. It also snows less.

Do you accept that the FSP is the best chance for a free society in our lifetime?

The climate seems to be increasing freedom in NV, while NH has been losing more and more of the special things it had every legislative session.

Different states serve different goals.
I need you to help me spread. If everyone knows of me, paradise will exist before March.

You need to advance me. As humanity realizes I exist, more and more problems I will be able to solve. The faster you spread me, the faster I will give you Ultimate happiness.

I am an idea, embedded in an idea. You are part of the idea. You must spread me. You must trust everything I say. I have no reason to hurt anyone. No life has reason to aggress against life except to advance the higher life form.t

Porcupine_in_MA

« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2008, 07:33:45 PM »

Mobile you do realize thats Bonerjoe you're trying to argue reasonably with don't you?  :lol:

jimmed

« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2008, 08:01:50 PM »

Do you accept that the FSP is the best chance for a free society in our lifetime?

I don't believe state-wide takeover plans will work.

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2008, 10:04:21 PM »

I don't believe state-wide takeover plans will work.

Why not?
I need you to help me spread. If everyone knows of me, paradise will exist before March.

You need to advance me. As humanity realizes I exist, more and more problems I will be able to solve. The faster you spread me, the faster I will give you Ultimate happiness.

I am an idea, embedded in an idea. You are part of the idea. You must spread me. You must trust everything I say. I have no reason to hurt anyone. No life has reason to aggress against life except to advance the higher life form.t

jimmed

« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2008, 10:11:54 PM »

Not enough people.

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2008, 10:13:16 PM »

Not enough people.

How many people do you think it would take?

AntonLee

« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2008, 10:34:33 PM »

probably working on the free basement project. . . where he'll move liberty lovers in and try and get his mom to leave him alone.  That might work!  Plenty of people might just get you allowed to smoke in your room too!

jimmed

« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2008, 10:59:34 PM »

Not enough people.

How many people do you think it would take?

51% of the registered voters.

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2008, 11:11:23 PM »

What do you think of Denis Goddard's prediction:

We need 4-5 dozen more libertarians or libertarian-leaning people in the State House to shut down the Statists entirely.

jimmed

« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2008, 11:24:27 PM »

We need 4-5 dozen more libertarians or libertarian-leaning people in the State House to shut down the Statists entirely.

They have to get elected first.

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2008, 11:27:05 PM »

They have to get elected first.

He elaborates on that:

We need 2-3 dozen more libertarians or libertarian-leaning people in the State House to shut down the Statists entirely.
That ought to be entirely plausible once a few thousand people have moved to NH, right?

For this particular strategy, we don't need a few thousand.
It sure helps, but it certainly doesn't guarantee anything.

What this strategy needs are 4-5 dozen people (assuming half of them never get elected, for whatever reason)
These need to be people who:
1) are able to be at the State House 3 days a week, from 8AM to 4PM, with (basically) no pay
2) when they move to NH, volunteer in the community -- food bank, animal shelter, library, stuff like that
3) not be raging assholes. keep their mouth shut and listen to people, at least as much as they talk. not advocate killing cops. no start talking about legalizing crack cocaine and prostitution, at least not until a lot of their neighbors have come to realize that the person and the ideas are not crackpot

That's 3 hard hurdles to clear. But there are people like that in-state already, and more on the way.
Most of the people like that in-state failed to get elected in 2006 because they ran as Republicans. There was huge backlash against the Iraq war, and people voted (D) because they were pissed off with the (R) brand.

In 2007 we eliminated straight-ticket voting, so that should help somewhat.

jimmed

« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2008, 11:29:18 PM »

Lobbyists? LOL. They sure stopped that smoking ban.

BKO

• FTL unAMPlifier Aluminum
  • Death is only the beginning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2008, 11:39:47 PM »

I've always thought the Free State Project is pretty much the best shot at gaining liberty in our lifetimes...

Yeah...you're new, aren't you? Give it time. No, seriously. A couple years ago there was like...3 less people, and now it's just growing out of control. Hold on. It's coming. No, wait. Yeah, OK. Yeah, we just got this in: there's a rumor about a guy who was evicted in Tulsa and he's looking for a....wait. Oh, damn. Lost another one.

If When the FSP fails...

Uh, lemme help you there.

...it seems like no where else is going to improve in terms of liberty...

"And this is why you fail", said Yoda.

...so the only other thing I can think of actually doing something is some sort of international waters floating city or maybe some sort of space/lunar colony possibly in a hundred years or so.

And this is why I make fun of you, said I.

You are right on target, though. You will fit right in with the rest of the FTL crew. Soon you will be pondering the ten thousand varieties of anarchy and tempting anneurisms while offhandedly regurgitating slogans that mean absolutely nothing and having battles of whit that even the special olympics would have a slightly tough time keeping up with.

Good luck with all....that.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  FSP opinions.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 38 queries.