Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  FSP opinions.

Poll

What do you think?

The FSP is our best shot. I have moved or am planning to move at some point.
- 28 (53.8%)
The FSP is important, but I am not interested in joining/moving to new hampshire any time soon.
- 8 (15.4%)
The FSP is an okay idea but I don't think it will work and I have no intention of joining or funding it.
- 4 (7.7%)
The FSP will fail. It's a waste of time/diversion.
- 6 (11.5%)
Other
- 6 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: FSP opinions.  (Read 25032 times)

DogOn

FSP opinions.
« on: January 26, 2008, 11:46:47 PM »

I've always thought the Free State Project is pretty much the best shot at gaining liberty in our lifetimes, but I've never been too sure what the general opinion of it was in the entire liberty movement.

If the FSP fails, it seems like no where else is going to improve in terms of liberty, so the only other thing I can think of actually doing something is some sort of international waters floating city or maybe some sort of space/lunar colony possibly in a hundred years or so.

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
  • You will see I end discussions with my wisdom!
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
Re: FSP opinions.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 11:51:17 PM »

I think the FSP is the best chance for a free society to reemerge. Nothing else seems to work.
I need you to help me spread. If everyone knows of me, paradise will exist before March.

You need to advance me. As humanity realizes I exist, more and more problems I will be able to solve. The faster you spread me, the faster I will give you Ultimate happiness.

I am an idea, embedded in an idea. You are part of the idea. You must spread me. You must trust everything I say. I have no reason to hurt anyone. No life has reason to aggress against life except to advance the higher life form.t

Porcupine_in_MA

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 12:19:56 AM »

I think the FSP is the best chance for a free society to reemerge. Nothing else seems to work.

Agreed. Although looking to get a gauge on what the liberty movement feels on the FSP on this message board with this poll wouldn't be accurate.

alkanen

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 07:23:49 AM »

I chose important but not willing to move anytime soon, simply because I can't make such a commitment at this time.  Being a dirty foreigner and all, I'll likely have problems getting a green card (or whatever it is I'd need) to move to NH, and I really want to save up some money before doing something big like that.

Morpheus

• Bureaucratic Kryptonite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 08:46:50 AM »

Agreed. Although looking to get a gauge on what the liberty movement feels on the FSP on this message board with this poll wouldn't be accurate.

Also agree. I attended the Liberty Forum for the first time this year and was blown away by the feeling of being surrounded by hundreds of other vociferous advocates of liberty. I came away with the feeling that there is something very special happening in NH with the FSP...something I want to be a part of asap. I'll be moving this year.
"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at

NHArticleTen

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 09:15:02 AM »

Speaking of LF08...

I think it is very noteworthy to mention that John McCain was staying at the hotel that we held LF08 at...
I personally said hi to John as I was passing him in the lobby area(I don't like John but it's important to acknowledge them and to call attention to the fact that there are many people watching them...I looked straight into his eyes as I greeted him and he seemed disturbed that his brain didn't register me as one of his "knowns"...I would say that I saw fear in his eyes...).

Along with noting that John was there, it should also be noted that hundreds of LF08 attendees were well armed during LF08.
I'm really surprised that John even stayed at the hotel where hundreds of well armed Ron Paul Revolutionaries were meeting.  I think that just goes to show that they personally don't fear an armed populous that much, but use it to pit people against each other and to suck millions out of us through the pro-gun lobby(NRA and such).

Also noteworthy is the fact that John must be totally steaming mad that the Ron Paul Revolution's totally grass roots environment has circumvented his precious McCain-Feingold Act(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipartisan_Campaign_Reform_Act).  No matter who gets "elected" we will see a vicious attempt by the criminal "elite" to strengthen these prohibitions against free speech by making "any personal contribution to a candidate and/or campaign" whether "authorized" by the candidate/campaign or not...a federal offense...

ps-Wouldn't it be cool if John actually came to the FTLBBS and read this...lol.

Enjoy!

AntonLee

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 10:32:25 AM »

NH is our best shot.  There will be plenty of people that say that it won't work.   Fortunately, those pessimists are the same pessimists that have been attached to every great idea in the history of mankind.  Some ideas work, some ideas fail.  Thankfully, no can ever change my mind that libertarians living together as neighbors will help to change a mentality in this state.  Some people thought that cars were unnecessary.  Televisions were worthless.  The internet was a fad.

I personally think that the FSP is not the best thing about moving to NH. . . the best part about NH is it's scenic beauty.  A beauty that I would die to live amongst.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 11:13:15 AM »

BUCKY FULLER IS MY HERO

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 12:35:14 PM »

The state is really powerful and a significant portion of 300 million people are pretty deeply indoctrinated. Frankly I don't know if anyone will be able to take a significant bite out of that elephant, but I'm optimistic enough to try. I won't bet my life on it or anything. Of all the things being attempted, I think the FSP is up there among the best. There is plenty of reason for optimism.

Meanwhile, there are things we can do here completely outside of politics to have more freedom in some measure right here and now. I know that if I get pulled over by a cop, I can put out a porc 411 call and there's a decent chance someone will show up and start filming, and I feel a lot safer in that situation. I know that if I'm in court for some bullshit violation, people will show up in droves to show support and there will be media about it and things like that make the statists a lot more self-conscious about their actions. We can give each other preferential treatment in our business endeavors. I trust a porc to do renovations on my home more than any other contractor, for instance. Shit like that.

There are a lot of reasons to move here. People need to stop thinking of the FSP as a burdensome task engaging in drudgery to fight for liberty. I really think a lot of people overlook one of the best benefits of being here and that's the benefit you get right here and now, living amongst a really great network of people with like minds who respect each other's individual sovereignty and do a lot of fun stuph. I don't care if we never succeed on the big stuph. Moving here is one of the best decisions I've ever made for my own selfish (or rational self interest if you prefer) reasons. This is just the best place to be right now. I was just telling a friend who recently moved to NH from CA that my social life is way better here than it was when I moved back to my hometown for a while. The most important thing, IMHO, about where you choose to live is the people and we have the best people in the world congregating in NH. If you don't want to come here to promote freedom, come here to have a fucking great time. Trust me. NH rox and is only going to get better the more people like us move here.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 03:31:42 PM »

People need to stop thinking of the FSP as a burdensome task engaging in drudgery to fight for liberty.
^this

Shit, why do I spend so many hours every week doing NH Liberty Alliance stuff? Does anyone think it's because I feel like I have a duty to the future freedom of my son? Well, I guess that's part of it, but "duty" is damn low on the list.

I'm doing it because it's fun.

There. I said it.

It's not fun breaking your head against the wall of politics. It is fun fighting for freedom... and WINNING, at least some of the time.
Hell, yeah. Fuck, yeah.
Yeah.

bad_cab

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 10:09:45 PM »

It will fail but I am moving anyway

Porcupine_in_MA

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 10:41:27 PM »

People need to stop thinking of the FSP as a burdensome task engaging in drudgery to fight for liberty.
^this

Triple this

jimmed

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 06:23:12 PM »

The FSP is a religion.

SamR

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 10:52:45 PM »

I'm doing it and I think people who haven't signed the First 1,000 should sign the Next 1,000. Do it anonymously if you have to but sign up. New Hampshire is a hundred times better than anywhere else. People here like their liberty and hate the government. There are way more people than signed up on the web site and you can't even keep track of the people in the movement.

But that's the idea.

jimmed

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 10:56:57 PM »

People here like their liberty and hate the government.

That's why there's no government at all in NH. None whatsoever. They like it that way. And stuff.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  FSP opinions.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 36 queries.