Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  FSP opinions.

Poll

What do you think?

The FSP is our best shot. I have moved or am planning to move at some point.
- 28 (53.8%)
The FSP is important, but I am not interested in joining/moving to new hampshire any time soon.
- 8 (15.4%)
The FSP is an okay idea but I don't think it will work and I have no intention of joining or funding it.
- 4 (7.7%)
The FSP will fail. It's a waste of time/diversion.
- 6 (11.5%)
Other
- 6 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: FSP opinions.  (Read 24993 times)

BKO

• FTL unAMPlifier Aluminum
  • Death is only the beginning.
    • View Profile
Re: FSP opinions.
« Reply #120 on: February 09, 2008, 10:04:13 AM »

Yeah. Furby, dude...you are reading into this shit too much. I have dealt with these same tactics for years with the same result. If I so much as swear once or call somebody a shitslurpie -all of my information is automatically discredited and I wind up at the same level as the others who avoid questions and attack the individual. This game gets old after a while, Furby.

I can very easily have a mature discussion, but we all know that is impossible here, so we might as well have some cheap vulgar fun. It keeps me from getting irate, at least. I remember making some very nice threads before and had Markuzik and Shaw and a couple of others join in some rational, calm debate. Ultimately, it always leads to frustration and childish antics because ONE person wants to throw a shit bomb.

It doesn't matter, Furby. If there is a valid point, I will make it. If another has realistically proven a point, I will admit it. And if we get into an opinion war -I will inform you of how stupid your opinions are and leave. (Of course the title of this thread is FSP Opinions) Like I said...who cares? It's a forum, not a special olympics competition...even though it can become twice as retarded.

Blackie

« Reply #121 on: February 09, 2008, 11:01:23 AM »

I'm a doucebagger
I'm gunna quote you on that.  :P

Go to the NH State website yourself and look at the roll call votes:
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/ie/rollcall/rollcallsearch.asp

It is a rare, rare thing when a really serious liberty issue passes or is killed by more than ~30 votes. If 60 non-asshole people run credible campaigns, it is not unreasonable that 30-40 of them could win. And that's all we'd need. Not because I say so, but because of the freakin' math. Check it yourself.
Even if yall could get 30-40 elected at the state level, that would not "entirely shutdown the statists in NH". That is crazy talk.
Most stuff is done at the local Town/City level in NH.

michaelmcneil

« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2008, 07:04:02 PM »

Even if yall could get 30-40 elected at the state level, that would not "entirely shutdown the statists in NH". That is crazy talk.
Most stuff is done at the local Town/City level in NH.
That's why the free town project is also crucial.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2008, 11:59:59 AM »

It is a rare, rare thing when a really serious liberty issue passes or is killed by more than ~30 votes. If 60 non-asshole people run credible campaigns, it is not unreasonable that 30-40 of them could win. And that's all we'd need. Not because I say so, but because of the freakin' math. Check it yourself.

That's assuming you replaced only the people who voted "badly". So the idea is you go in and replace an anti-liberty person in a presumably anti-liberty leaning district (after all, residents voted in that anti-liberty person before). Now just repeat 30-40 times. Any of the ones you replace who would have voted the way you wanted (nearly half) don't count for this particular assumption. I realize that it's probably not good/bad, pro-liberty/anti-liberty in a nice clear line for every single vote and every representative. A Republican might vote "badly" on prohibition and "well" on taxes and vice versa for a Dem, but the math still applies when you're talking about swing votes. I'd say you need easily twice as many as you're estimating to have the kind of impact you're claiming.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2008, 03:50:02 AM »

Dale has a good point.  Maybe the answer is b/t Denis and Dale.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  FSP opinions.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 36 queries.