Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  FOR FSP Signers: You know who Debra Ricketts is? (don't look it up, just answer)

Poll

FOR FSP Signers: You know who Debra Ricketts is? (don't look it up, just answer)

No Idea.
- 19 (61.3%)
Who cares?
- 5 (16.1%)
I think I may have heard her name.
- 3 (9.7%)
Yes, I know of her.
- 4 (12.9%)
Yes, I know her personally.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: FOR FSP Signers: You know who Debra Ricketts is? (don't look it up, just answer)  (Read 20761 times)

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

Ask, Jason Osborne about me, or Gibson042, or KurtfromMichigan, or bonerjoe, Or lindsey, or josh, or Yix etc. I've spoken with them outside of the BBS. I'm exactly the same person online as I am offline. When i tell you I don't want to be fighting with you, I seriously mean it. I seriously meant exactly what I said in that thread I made trying to make nice with you.

I don't have an online persona. It's just me. I don't expect you to do the same, or criticize you for not doing so.

Can we please, at this point, end the hostilities? I'm not playing internet games.

I'm not suggesting I have an online persona. Actually, I've been told quite the opposite before; that people who know me read what I type, and find that the way I use spelling and punctuation makes it very easy to perceive the words as though I were saying them.

What I was saying is that I don't believe it is possible to really know someone online without meeting them, and even after meeting someone, the association between person and persona is tenuous with enough time.

as I have said it before... many times... I'm not engaging in a series of hostilities with you. I respond to posts. I don't have a problem with you. I respond to what I perceive. I'm going to continue to do so.

This is how I communicate.
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

blackie

I'll be moving to the Keene Area, obviously. Already been a few times to scope things out.
Why not more than a few times?

The drive from CT shouldn't be more than 3 hours or so. I never understood why Jason Sorens didn't show up in NH more when he lived in CT.

blackie

I'm metaphsyically in NH.
Do you consider yourself an early mover?

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

I'll be moving to the Keene Area, obviously. Already been a few times to scope things out.
Why not more than a few times?

The drive from CT shouldn't be more than 3 hours or so. I never understood why Jason Sorens didn't show up in NH more when he lived in CT.

Yeah, I don't know about Jason Sorens, but my reasoning for not making up there more often is probably more depressing. I am over 9000 different kinds of broke. When I am in CT, I am in school. This means that my time is generally dedicated to studying, or working to pay for that and make ends meet. If I could afford to, I would LOVE to be able to make the 6 hours of driving to be on the show once a week... but it's just not realistic. Other than doing that, I just really don't have a reason to be there that often yet, so it can wait until I can get up there full time.
My girlfriend may soon beat me to NH, and start working and living there while I am still in school, in which case, I may try to make it up to NH because I would then have a place to stay for a few days on the weekends.
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

I'm metaphsyically in NH.
Do you consider yourself an early mover?

Metaphysically? Why not... sure.  I was actually talking to Mark the other day about how, if I get there soon enough, I will claim to be part of the GENUINE First 1000. I was wondering if, when I get there, if claiming that would annoy Ian... I didn't sign the first1000 pledge because I was not sure if I would be able to make it there by the end of this year... and well... I was probably right, but unless a WHOLE bunch of people actually own up to their commitments in the next 2 months.... I'm thinking there will still be a good chance for me to get there within that first 1000 movers. So, will I be an early mover...? It's pretty damn likely.

What do you consider to be an early mover...? I actually think it's probably a title that could be extended to more than just the first 5% of movers.

BonerJoe

I metaphsyically moved to NH in 2003.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions

I've coined a new term - EMINO

Early Mover In Name Only

I can be one of them.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

blackie

I was actually talking to Mark the other day about how, if I get there soon enough, I will claim to be part of the GENUINE First 1000. I was wondering if, when I get there, if claiming that would annoy Ian... I didn't sign the first1000 pledge
I think this gets kind of tricky. It was possible to sign the first1000 pledge, and not join the FSP.  If you move to NH before the "already in NH" counter reaches 1253 you will be one of the first 1000 FSP movers.

What do you consider to be an early mover...?
A FSP participant that moves to NH before the FSP gets 20,000 signers.

Riddler

Just curious. The answer will  (i'm sure) be revealed shortly.

i didn't read through.
wasn't she the one the vitamin D deficiency disease was named for?

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

Early Mover In Name Only

I can be one of them.

Me too,

INPADNO...

It stands for,
"I'm not a passive aggressive douche, in name only..."

Isn't this cease fire fun John? I sure do love your integrity...

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Early Mover In Name Only

I can be one of them.

Me too,

INPADNO...

It stands for,
"I'm not a passive aggressive douche, in name only..."

Isn't this cease fire fun John? I sure do love your integrity...

What? I wasn't even TALK ABOUT YOU, Johnson. Did you read that post? I said: I can be one of them.

Jesus, man. I wasn't talking to, or even about you. I made up a cute acronym.

I AM A MEMBER OF THE FREE STATE PROJECT, JOHNSON. You really, really, REALLY don't read my posts.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

What happened to quitting and suing them to get your name removed, Mr Integrity?

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

What happened to quitting and suing them to get your name removed, Mr Integrity?

What happened to "Each new post is a separate event."? Yeah...

As for your answer, I'm waiting for our current legal issue to be resolved in full before I set Curt onto anyone else. You have to be polite and not very needy with a free lawyer.

EDIT: And if the opportunity comes up, we will move to NH, FSP or no.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

What happened to "Each new post is a separate event."? Yeah...

As for your answer, I'm waiting for our current legal issue to be resolved in full before I set Curt onto anyone else. You have to be polite and not very needy with a free lawyer.

EDIT: And if the opportunity comes up, we will move to NH, FSP or no.

Ok... So let me approach you fairly on this. You consider yourself a mover, until which time you SUE the FSP to get your name removed from the signers, making yourself no longer an FSP member...

So, exactly what would you be early for?
Also, by the way, you said did say you would not be moving to NH.

I am officially declaring that I will NEVER move to New Hampshire, and I recommend that if people who DO move there are people of your temperament and demeanor, that no one else move there.

Then, of course, I said I deal with people online on a short term basis... What I meant by 'post by post' was that you could at any time stop being passive aggressive, and stop needlessly and nonconstructively attacking the FSP.  I've already said that I don't really care to take issue with you... so I'm completely prepared for you to sort of wake up and realize ... "Oh, maybe it was sort of unprincipled of me to be threatening the FSP with legal action..." or... "Oh, maybe photoshopping Ian's face making him look like he's ready to suck a cock labeled FSP could be considered rude or thoughtless" or "Oh, maybe I didn't need to be attacking the FSP with mean spirited jokes, an nonconstructive negativity"

Like... "Oh, maybe I could have brought up my concerns about the FSP membership numbers and the honesty of the FSP, without being an asshole about it"

So, while you may believe I think very little of you, I actually expect you to come to those realizations at some point or another, and when that happens... Everything will be fine between you and I like nothing ever happened.   (at least on my end)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 06:51:02 PM by Johnson »

Riddler

i still say the bitch got that name from that weak-ass bone disease from not drinkin' milk.....
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  FOR FSP Signers: You know who Debra Ricketts is? (don't look it up, just answer)

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 36 queries.