Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  FOR FSP Signers: You know who Debra Ricketts is? (don't look it up, just answer)

Poll

FOR FSP Signers: You know who Debra Ricketts is? (don't look it up, just answer)

No Idea.
- 19 (61.3%)
Who cares?
- 5 (16.1%)
I think I may have heard her name.
- 3 (9.7%)
Yes, I know of her.
- 4 (12.9%)
Yes, I know her personally.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: FOR FSP Signers: You know who Debra Ricketts is? (don't look it up, just answer)  (Read 20760 times)

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile

also... waitaminute... wtf

I think, if my memory serves me correctly, which It rarely does... you took that quote totally out of context...

I don't believe that "threat" was even about deleting posts, but LITERALLY about editing the POST COUNT number.

Can admins on SMF forums do that?
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions

You're really not reading my posts, man.

I dropped it and announced as much more than once on the grounds that that was between you and Linz.

I dropped it. Do you hear me?

I'm starting to think that you're more interested in winning than being correct.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

Holy hell... and now that I look at that thread... That comment was addressed at DOREY.

...A racist freedom hating facist who loved to troll the FTL BBS just to stir up shit. We let him stay.
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

also... waitaminute... wtf

I think, if my memory serves me correctly, which It rarely does... you took that quote totally out of context...

I don't believe that "threat" was even about deleting posts, but LITERALLY about editing the POST COUNT number.

Can admins on SMF forums do that?

People with knowledge and access to the database can. Torgo did it a couple times. I can't remember to whom... I think to himself and Ian.

Actually, come to think of it, I have pretty much always had admin access, because I can effect the server... I never would have touched the DB without admin rights though... and again... only as a joke. Like Torgo, who I think reset his post count to like 9 Million, and Ian's to zero or something.. I dunno.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 01:20:07 AM by Johnson »
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Holy hell... and now that I look at that thread... That comment was addressed at DOREY.

...A racist freedom hating facist who loved to troll the FTL BBS just to stir up shit. We let him stay.

Dude, is this thing on?

I dropped it, Johnson. Take it up with Lindsey. She thinks you banned her. Bonerjoe bumped a thread where he thought it was being referenced.

Or are you just gonna keep harping on it?

Maybe I should start harping on you back at this point?

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

I see, you want to bring up attacks and have them be dropped without explanation, ever think a thread revolves around more than just you? This isn't an IM.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

I see, you want to bring up attacks and have them be dropped without explanation, ever think a thread revolves around more than just you? This isn't an IM.

Dude, I was telling you that defending yourself wasn't necessary, because it's not my claim against you.

Are you fucking paranoid or what?

You know what, I'm not gonna attack you. I'm gonna just piss you off with things that I don't even believe and shouldn't even bother you.

Here's some:

IN BEFORE "I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY, EVEN THOUGH THAT'S WHY WE'RE FIGHTING IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!"

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

I LOLed.  :lol:

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

I LOLed.  :lol:

Well that's maybe a good start toward a handshake later.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

I still don't have a problem with you.

I go post by post.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

I still don't have a problem with you.

I go post by post.

I find that hard to believe after the names you've called me, Johnson, but okay.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

Which brings me back to my "welcome to the internet" comment.

I don't know you... I don't believe I CAN know you though a BBS.

(I actually think online "relationships" are hugely silly and please don't joke or comment about the allusion there... I'm hoping you can correctly interpret what I mean this time... Which is a very loose analogy to an extreme form of online communication)

So I intepret things on a very short term basis.

You brought up my argument with BonerJoe -

there was no resolution to that... and we don't argue now... (at least, I don't think we do) I took it as him fucking around... and let it go... Maybe that will happen here... It's up to you...
To loosely quote your avatar "I am what I am"

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Which brings me back to my "welcome to the internet" comment.

I don't know you... I don't believe I CAN know you though a BBS.

(I actually think online "relationships" are hugely silly and please don't joke or comment about the allusion there... I'm hoping you can correctly interpret what I mean this time... Which is a very loose analogy to an extreme form of online communication)

So I intepret things on a very short term basis.

You brought up my argument with BonerJoe -

there was no resolution to that... and we don't argue now... (at least, I don't think we do) I took it as him fucking around... and let it go... Maybe that will happen here... It's up to you...
To loosely quote your avatar "I am what I am"

Ask, Jason Osborne about me, or Gibson042, or KurtfromMichigan, or bonerjoe, Or lindsey, or josh, or Yix etc. I've spoken with them outside of the BBS. I'm exactly the same person online as I am offline. When i tell you I don't want to be fighting with you, I seriously mean it. I seriously meant exactly what I said in that thread I made trying to make nice with you.

I don't have an online persona. It's just me. I don't expect you to do the same, or criticize you for not doing so.

Can we please, at this point, end the hostilities? I'm not playing internet games.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

On a side note...

I really miss the hilarity of "Custin and Dorey"

I don't know if you listened to the first seasons... but Corey used to just call in every night high and call Ian a douche.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

On a side note...

I really miss the hilarity of "Custin and Dorey"

I don't know if you listened to the first seasons... but Corey used to just call in every night high and call Ian a douche.

I remember, vaguely. Corey reappeared recently for a while, if I remember correctly.

And as for Ian being a douche, well, he can be sometimes.

Look, I'm going to bed. I'm gonna assume that we're fairly square. I'm not gonna bug you, and I hope you don't bug me.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  FOR FSP Signers: You know who Debra Ricketts is? (don't look it up, just answer)

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 37 queries.