Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Fetal "right to free exit"

Poll

Does the fetus (unborn human being) have any natural rights?  

Right not to be evicted (all abortion banned).
- 2 (12.5%)
Right to free exit - from conception
- 2 (12.5%)
Right to free exit - after 1 week
- 1 (6.3%)
Right to free exit - after 1+ month
- 0 (0%)
Right to free exit - after 3+ months
- 1 (6.3%)
Right to free exit - after 6+ months
- 2 (12.5%)
No rights at all.
- 8 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fetal "right to free exit"  (Read 9432 times)

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
Re: Fetal "right to free exit"
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 04:12:07 AM »

good thing i dont put my faith in him

I wouldn't put much faith in pulling out either.  You know what they call a guy who uses the pulling out method of birth control.

Answer:  Dad

markuzick

• Atheist Pro-Lifer
  • Dr. Montessori: Discipline through liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 08:27:23 AM »

The legal standard whereby a person can be convicted of double homicide on a pregnant woman is after 24 weeks of gestation. There are two reasons that fetuses of 24 weeks gestation are given this status.  There is a chance of survival outside of the womb and fully functioning brain wave activity.   I think that a woman has had 24 weeks to make a choice to terminate a pregnancy and to wait til after the 24th weeks is murder.   Otherwise the penalties for causing a woman to terminate a 24 week plus pregnancy due to an assault could no longer be considered murder.

This is why I voted for right to free exit at the closest answer to 24 weeks which was 6 months when technically it is considered 5 months.  Not every month of pregnancy consists of 4 weeks.  The total gestation is 40 weeks which would be 10 months if the months consisted of even 4 week intervals.

I will be very happy when technology is advanced enough to keep all unwanted fetuses alive and healthy so they can be adopted.

The chances of survival outside of the womb are not a valid criteria for determining whether a child is a person. Advances in medical technology do not suddenly change your status as a person.

Once the embryo becomes a fetus (about three months) it has a functioning nervous system. The idea of "a fully functioning nervous system" is misleading. Nervous development continues throughout life.

Arguments about whether a child with a newly functioning nervous system is a person are fine for speculative scientific and philosophical discussions, but should not be used as a rationalization for murder. E.g., you may not know whether an unconscious person is alive or dead, but shooting him in the head without cause is still murder.

The mother's body is also part of the child's body until it can live separately from it. That includes the period of time that the child is dependent on his mother's milk unless a substitute for the milk or a substitute for the mother can be found.

Late abortion, infanticide and death from child neglect are all moral grounds for a murder charge.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 08:29:10 AM by markuzick »
As the state feeds off of the limitation and destruction of legitimate government, anarchy is its essence.

To claim "economic rent" from someone Else's labor when applied to land, which is something no one can own outright, is in itself, to claim landlord status over raw nature. It is an attempt at coercive monopoly power that is at the root of statism.

Libertarianssuck

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 11:02:55 AM »

good thing i dont put my faith in him

I wouldn't put much faith in pulling out either.  You know what they call a guy who uses the pulling out method of birth control.

Answer:  Dad

well I do it despite the girl taking the pill... dunno maybe its just paranoia
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Fetal "right to free exit"

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 38 queries.