Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Enneagram Test

Poll

What's your type?

- 1 (3.7%)
- 0 (0%)
- 1 (3.7%)
- 1 (3.7%)
- 14 (51.9%)
- 1 (3.7%)
- 1 (3.7%)
- 3 (11.1%)
- 5 (18.5%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Enneagram Test  (Read 7717 times)

Johnny_

Enneagram Test
« on: February 10, 2007, 01:01:43 PM »

This is just for fun, and partly to see if the liberty minded people on this board are equally dispersed among the personality types, or if certain personality types seem to be more likely to be libertarian.  Of course, this is not scientific in any way imaginable since the sample is not random but instead volunteers who happen to listen to FTL, happen to use their BBS, etc.

To find out more about this theory: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enneagram and scroll down to enneagram and personality.

You can use any online test you like (or just answer if you already know).  A good source is:

http://similarminds.com/personality_tests.html
Under "Enneagram Tests".  Don't pick the Variant Test (the short one) because it doesn't give you your number.   Here are direct links:

http://similarminds.com/test.html - 50Q test (all of them take like 15 seconds per question and you're not supposed to really dwell on your answers so they don't take long)

http://similarminds.com/advtest.html - 131Q test.

I score high in both 5 and 4, 5 being slightly higher.  I'll haven't taken the advanced test yet but I think it tell you more about you than the shorter one.

Here's some info from wikipedia page mentioned above:
Some brief descriptions of the Enneatypes are as follows:

One: Reformer, Critic, Perfectionist - This type focuses on integrity. Ones can be wise, discerning and inspiring in their quest for the truth. They also tend to dissociate themselves from their flaws or what they believe are flaws (such as negative emotions) and can become hypocritical and hyper-critical of others, seeking the illusion of virtue to hide their own vices. The One's greatest fear is to be flawed and their ultimate goal is perfection. The corresponding "deadly sin" Ones is Anger and their "holy idea" or essence is Holy Perfection. Under stress Ones express qualities of Fours and when relaxed qualities of Sevens.

Two: Helper, Giver, Caretaker - Twos, at their best, are compassionate, thoughtful and astonishingly generous; they can also be prone to passive-aggressive behavior, clinginess and manipulation. Twos want, above all, to be loved and needed and fear being unworthy of love. The corresponding "deadly sin" of Twos is Pride and their "holy idea" or essence is Holy Will. Under stress Twos express qualities of Eights and when relaxed qualities of Fours.

Three: Achiever, Performer, Succeeder - Highly adaptable and changeable. Some walk the world with confidence and unstinting authenticity; others wear a series of public masks, acting the way they think will bring them approval and losing track of their true self. Threes are motivated by the need to succeed and to be seen as successful. The corresponding "deadly sin" of Threes is Deceit and their "holy idea" or essence is Holy Law. Under stress Threes express qualities of Nines and when relaxed qualities of Sixes.

Four: Romantic, Individualist, Artist - Driven by a desire to understand themselves and find a place in the world they often fear that they have no identity or personal significance. Fours embrace individualism and are often profoundly creative and intuitive. However, they have a habit of withdrawing to internalize, searching desperately inside themselves for something they never find and creating a spiral of depression. The corresponding "deadly sin" of Fours is Envy and their "holy idea" or essence is Holy Origin. Under stress Fours express qualities of Twos and when relaxed qualities of Ones.

Five: Observer, Thinker, Investigator - Fives are motivated by the desire to understand the world around them, specifically in terms of facts. Believing they are only worth what they contribute, Fives have learned to withdraw, to watch with keen eyes and speak only when they can shake the world with their observations. Sometimes they do just that. However, some Fives are known to withdraw from the world, becoming reclusive hermits and fending off social contact with abrasive cynicism. Fives fear incompetency or uselessness and want to be capable and knowledgeable above all else. The corresponding "deadly sin" of the Five is Avarice and their "holy idea" or essence is Holy Omniscience. Under stress Fives express qualities of Sevens and when relaxed qualities of Eights.

Six: Loyalist, Devil's Advocate, Defender - Sixes long for stability above all else. They exhibit unwavering loyalty and responsibility, but once betrayed, they are slow to trust again. They are prone to extreme anxiety and passive-aggressive behavior. Their greatest fear is to lack support and guidance. The corresponding "deadly sin" of the Six is Cowardice and their "holy idea" or essence is Holy Faith and Strength. Under stress Sixes express qualities of Threes and when relaxed qualities of Nines.
          o There are two kinds of Sixes - phobic and counterphobic. Phobic Sixes have a tendency to run or hide from things they fear while counterphobic Sixes are more likely to confront their fears.

Seven: Enthusiast, Adventurer, Materialist, Epicure - Sevens tend to flit from one activity to another with all the energy and enthusiasm of the Puer Aeternus. At their best they embrace life for its varied joys and wonders and truly live in the moment; but at their worst they dash frantically from one new experience to another, too scared of disappointment to actually enjoy themselves. Sevens fear being unable to provide for themselves or to experience life in all of its richness. The corresponding "deadly sin" of Sevens is Gluttony and their "holy idea" or essence is Holy Wisdom". Under stress Sevens express qualities of Ones and when relaxed qualities of Fives.

Eight: Leader, Protector, Challenger - Eights are motivated by justice and the desire to be in the right. They worry about self-protection and control. They are natural leaders, who can be either capable and passionate or dictatorially manipulative, ruthless, and willing to destroy anything in their way. Eights seek control over their own lifes and destinies, and fear being harmed or controlled by others. The corresponding "deadly sin" of the Eight is Lust and their "holy idea" or essence is Holy Truth. Under stress Eights express qualities of Fives and when relaxed qualities of Twos.

Nine: Mediator, Peacemaker, Preservationist - Nines are ruled by their empathy. At their best they are perceptive, receptive, gentle, calming and at peace with the world. On the other hand, they prefer to dissociate from conflicts; they indifferently go along with others' wishes, or simply withdraw, acting via inaction. They fear the conflict caused by their ability to simultaneously understand opposing points of view and seek peace of mind above all else. The corresponding "deadly sin" of the Nine is Sloth and their "holy idea" or essence is Holy Love. Under stress Nines express qualities of Sixes and when relaxed qualities of Threes.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 01:10:05 PM by Johnny_ »

Danielle

Re: Enneagram Test
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 01:11:21 PM »

I'm an 8

bakerbaker

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 01:21:07 PM »

mrapplecastle

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 01:27:58 PM »

I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy

Danielle

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 01:29:43 PM »

I think we've found the difference between ancaps and minarchists.  :lol:

Ah... you think?

I'd like to see if any other an-caps get "8"

Danielle

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 01:35:21 PM »

Ah... you think?

I was being sillay!!1one.  :P

OIC. 

aquabanianskakid

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 01:43:41 PM »

Damn I'm a six with a close five.

6 I must be secure and safe to be happy.

5 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.

I guess that explains why I sleep with my gun.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 01:47:57 PM »

aquabanianskakid

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 01:50:41 PM »

Oh yeah my variant was self preservation... which goes along with that other test a while back that said I was an Egoist.

Taors

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 03:49:24 PM »

Ah... you think?

bonerjoe

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 03:54:43 PM »

Your main type is Type 5

Your variant is self pres

RAnthony

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 04:00:23 PM »

As a dedicated non-conformist, I'll have to abstain from taking the test.  At least in the context of this thread, anyway...

-RAnthony

Taors

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2007, 04:32:12 PM »

As a dedicated non-conformist, I'll have to abstain from taking the test.  At least in the context of this thread, anyway...

-RAnthony

bonerjoe

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2007, 04:39:37 PM »

Hot.

cerpntaxt

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2007, 04:53:28 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Enneagram Test

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 35 queries.