Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Drugs

Poll

Which drugs have you tried

Alcohol
- 65 (19.1%)
Tobacco
- 57 (16.7%)
Cannabis
- 59 (17.3%)
Ecstacy
- 14 (4.1%)
Methamphetamine
- 17 (5%)
Amphetamines
- 15 (4.4%)
Heroin
- 2 (0.6%)
LSD
- 22 (6.5%)
Cocaine
- 19 (5.6%)
Crack Cocaine
- 7 (2.1%)
Shrooms
- 28 (8.2%)
DMT
- 4 (1.2%)
Opium
- 13 (3.8%)
Salvia
- 15 (4.4%)
Mescaline (peyote etc.)
- 4 (1.2%)
Datura
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Drugs  (Read 11125 times)

bakerbaker

Re: Drugs
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2007, 01:35:06 PM »

I'm surprised so few people have tried peyote or mescaline
you live in california

i don't even think peyote is available this far north...

Funk D

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2007, 03:30:04 PM »

Why isn't Huffin' gas or Robobuzz on here!  Geesh! :lol:

FunkD

Elitist Bitch

• The 12th Cylon
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2007, 04:09:20 PM »

Just tobacco, alcohol, and cannabis. And caffeine, though it isn't on here.  Caffeine and alcohol are the only two I do with any sort of regularity, and I don't drink alcohol that often (only once this month).
Sometimes, you have to roll a hard six.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2007, 07:59:50 PM »

I'm surprised so few people have tried peyote or mescaline
you live in california

i don't even think peyote is available this far north...
San Pedro cactus also carries the active ingredient Mescaline (albeit at lower concentrations) and is unregulated, it also grows more diversely.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Trobison

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2007, 09:41:23 PM »

I found a 18" San Pedro in the grocery store a few years ago, just sitting there among the potted plants.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2007, 10:19:11 PM »

I found a 18" San Pedro in the grocery store a few years ago, just sitting there among the potted plants.

Did you buy it? 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Trobison

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2007, 10:25:45 PM »

Heck yea I bought it.  Because shoplifting a 18" cactus seemed like a bad idea.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 10:30:41 PM by Trobison »

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2007, 10:32:12 PM »

I was just making sure that you didn't pass up such a glaring opportunity. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

mrapplecastle

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2007, 10:32:53 PM »

...maybe I need to start checking the grocery stores I go to

Bill Brasky

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2007, 07:38:03 PM »

I wonder who tried crack?

5. crack  288 up, 41 down       (From Urban Dictionary)

Otherwise known as crack-cocaine, this illegal drug is a mixture of two parts cocaine and one part baking soda. This chemical process reverts the powder-cocaine mkaing process by one step, producing a smokable form of the naturally found alkaloid cocaine. Because of its nature as an inhalable substance, the high is quicker and more intense, leading to a larger number of addicts. In present society, it is considered to be much more distasteful to use crack-cocaine then powder-cocaine as crack is mainly viewed as a drug for poor people whereas powder cocaine is used by a richer constituancy. Contrary to popular belief, crack-cocaine is not freebase cocaine. Freebase cocaine is a mixture of cocaine, ether, and other dangerous and combustable materials. Baking soda was replaced as the ingredient in the 1980's to make production easier and less dangerous. Either way, crack and freebase cocaine produce the same smokable form of the drug.

I think the poll is a little low. 

EclecticBuddha

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2007, 07:54:04 PM »

Baking soda was replaced as the ingredient in the 1980's to make production easier and less dangerous.

the market at work baby lol

zebraflood

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2007, 09:23:34 PM »

Otherwise known as crack-cocaine, this illegal drug is a mixture of two parts cocaine and one part baking soda. This chemical process reverts the powder-cocaine mkaing process by one step, producing a smokable form of the naturally found alkaloid cocaine. Because of its nature as an inhalable substance, the high is quicker and more intense, leading to a larger number of addicts. In present society, it is considered to be much more distasteful to use crack-cocaine then powder-cocaine as crack is mainly viewed as a drug for poor people whereas powder cocaine is used by a richer constituancy. Contrary to popular belief, crack-cocaine is not freebase cocaine. Freebase cocaine is a mixture of cocaine, ether, and other dangerous and combustable materials. Baking soda was replaced as the ingredient in the 1980's to make production easier and less dangerous. Either way, crack and freebase cocaine produce the same smokable form of the drug.

The number 4 seems pretty low, but 4 out of (currently) 46 voters is quite a bit higher of a ratio than the general population. I'm not sure how this poll is tallying 4 of 46 as 1.8 percent of voters; it should be more like 8.6 percent. I'm guessing it's tallying every vote cast and dividing the individual categories by that number, which is giving misleading results.

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2007, 01:18:32 AM »

I laughed at this almost as much as at your "I figured it was just aliens" post. I really wish I could hit [applaud] right now.
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2007, 08:23:25 AM »

I laughed at this almost as much as at your "I figured it was just aliens" post. I really wish I could hit [applaud] right now.

I fucking shared that line with people at work the next day.   :lol:
         -George W. Bush

Bill Brasky

« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2007, 03:34:52 PM »

The number 4 seems pretty low, but 4 out of (currently) 46 voters is quite a bit higher of a ratio than the general population. I'm not sure how this poll is tallying 4 of 46 as 1.8 percent of voters; it should be more like 8.6 percent. I'm guessing it's tallying every vote cast and dividing the individual categories by that number, which is giving misleading results.

Yeah, its not a real accurate cross section to begin with.  I'm not saying the board is loaded with drug addicts, but theres an inordinately higher number of recreational user types here as opposed to a general survey of citizens.  Given that fact, since the numbers of other substances might be elevated in comparison with the number of those surveyed, crack seems low. 

Example:  There are 48 polled (a day later).  If you went out in the street and picked 48 people at random, I dont think you'll get 41 people who have tried pot.  So, out of that high ratio of people who are more willing to experiment, nobody ever passed them a pipe with a chunk of rock in it?  I'm not saying I actually disbelieve it, but maybe its just an anomoly because people never actually sat down and had a crack-smokin session.  I'll bet more people have taken a whack or two off the pipe than clicked that option. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Drugs

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 37 queries.